Never Forget 9/11/01

Passion

Never forget the innocent men, women, and children who lost their lives in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center buildings, the Pentagon, and those aboard the flights of United Airlines 175, American Airlines 11, United 93, and American Airlines 77.

God bless the men and women who responded to their call domestically and around the world.

NEVER FORGET

That day is in my mind as well. I was in my 9:10 AM class in college. The professor showed up about 15 minutes late and told us all that a plane had hit the WTC. He still held class though which we did find a little odd as wanted to know what's going on. At 10:10 the class ended and he let us go. At that point classes were cancelled for the remainder of the day and we all left the campus. NYC still had the buses and subways running at that point so I got on the looooong line for my bus as everyone leaving at once created quite a mess. I could see the smoke from Manhattan in the distance as the bus rode off. Some idiot outside was throwing things at the bus, I guess he wanted to get on and the driver kept driving since it was packed and everyone was on edge that day so we were wondering what's going on. Well he smashed a window and the driver had to pull over and let us all off as he couldn't continue. I had about a mile walk home so I decided to just walk rather than wait for the next bus. As I was walking, things and I don't know what were flying around and getting in my eyes, my mouth, on my clothes. It was crazy, and felt like a really long walk. I got home and turned on tv and finally saw what else was going on. I watched the tv all day, and things were weird for days if not weeks. It was a different world.

As an add-on, 2 months later a plane crashed right near my college. It flew over my campus and crashed only a few miles away. If it crashed a few minutes sooner, I might not be writing this post right now. Read about it here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_587 That day brought back all the memories and I remember that day well too, we had no idea what was going on.

I will never forget going to New York and Ground Zero only a month after the attacks. The amount of smoke and debris everywhere and just the sadness all over the city was too much for me to deal with

I'll also never forget going back a few years later and just seeing an empty hole in the ground. looking back on seeing just a month afterwards, then looking at just an empty hole was so surreal

We must never ever forget what happened

I remember that day very well. I was in class and the teacher was late, which was unusual because she was always real early. She finally arrived, crying, and saying that the WTC had been hit twice. Everyone was shocked, since no one had any clue about what happened. We were all wondering why someone would do that. She finally said that she wasn't going to be able to teach and she just let us all go. I went to work and I was so scared since I work at a federal building.

God Bless all the people who lost their lives that day. God Bless everyone that helped out in any way they can.

Did anyone catch the special on CBS last night? It played during the football game. Some cameraman was doing a special on firemen when it happened so he's inside tower 1. When he walks in you hear people screaming, nasty death screams. Apparently it was two people burning from the jet fuel that went down the elevator shaft. The cameraman refused to film it, it was that bad. Then the whole time they are in the lobby you hear these crashing sounds, its the people that are jumping. the guy was in tower 1 when tower 2 collapsed. It was just surreal footage.

It's hard to believe it's been 5 years. I was just a sophomore in high school but I remember that morning clear as day. I was in my Algebra II class when it happened. We turned the TV on shortly after the first plane hit the North Tower. Watching all the events in New York unfold had me dumbfounded. And then at 9:37 AM the Commonwealth of Virginia fell under attack as Flight 77 struck the Pentagon. We Virginians and the rest of the United States will never forget that moment.

I can only pray that those who were taken from us that day are walking with God right now, and that they know we remember them, and also that God would ease the pain of their loved ones.

Admin, I remember that crash that happened shortly after 9/11. I was worried it was another terrorist attack, but I'm glad that you weren't taken that day. :thumbup