Miami-FIU Fight: Teams Suspend 31

Guest FishFanInPA

Here's a quote:

``I think that it will affect the image of our program greatly, but in a positive way . . . I think that when they see the video and they see how it was handled they will be impressed with our players.''

- Admin Coker

It is only suppose to be 2 puffs and then you pass, Admin.

:lol

The UM punk who took his helmet off to hit people should never be allowed to step foot on an NCAA field again.

Sorry as*.

hahaha all I'm saying is quite a bit happened in college football tonight and to read quality input on it you'd have to look hard for it. This Miami-FIU stuff needs its own thread mehtinks.

You're absolutely correct, though it seems like it'd be a lot of work to sift through 250 posts for organization's sake.

I was listening to this game on the radio. I'm not going to defend either side here, as it was embarassing to the Canes. But there is absolutely no excuse for bodyslamming the backup quarterback and placeholder. That was the spark of it and thats all anyone will remember is "FIU started the fight."

Its a shame that this intracity game will never get to get on its feet. UM shouldn't allow FIU to play them again for a long time. You just don't come in and start a fight.

PS: I just love how some people complain that Admin Coker is causing the downfall of Da U because he is recruiting nonthugs, but now people are saying he's got too many? I hate Miami Sports fans.

I've seen my fair share of crazy sh*t at the Orange Bowl. Too bad I wasn't there.

And then to top it off a bunch of Canes players jump around with their helmets raised, like they just beat USC or something.

Just absolutely pathetic.

:thumbdown

After looking at the film, it looks like they started doing that after they broke huddle with Coach Coker. Judging from his quotes immediately following the game, I wouldn't be surprised if he praised them in that huddle.

Its a shame that this intracity game will never get to get on its feet. UM shouldn't allow FIU to play them again for a long time. You just don't come in and start a fight.

I agree that I'd rather see next season's game called off. This is not something I want happening again, and I don't think it's worth the risk for UM, considering they have very little to gain from playing FIU.

Miami coach Admin Coker said Sunday that at least eight Hurricane players will be suspended for their role in a sideline-clearing brawl against Florida International.

The fight Saturday night came during Miami's 35-0 win against Florida International, which plays across town. It was the first meeting between the teams.

Coker said the five players ejected in the fight - offensive linemen Derrick Morse and Chris Barney, running back Charlie Jones, and cornerbacks Carlos Armour and Bruce Johnson - would be suspended.

Coker also suspended safeties Anthony Reddick and Brandon Meriweather and fullback James Bryant.

The lengths of the suspensions have not been determined.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6064744?FSO1&ATT=HMA

Beware the Devil.

Let's hope the suspensions aren't just one gamers against Duke. And for the record, look how the two coaches have handled this:

"Whatever penalty is handed down, especially from us, we're going to make it the most severe. We don't condone that. It's embarrassing." - FIU Coach Don Strock

"I think that it will affect the image of our program greatly, but in a positive way . . . I think that when they see the video and they see how it was handled they will be impressed with our players. This won't be a big negative on the University of Miami, I'll put it that way." - UM Coach Admin Coker

"I think that it will affect the image of our program greatly, but in a positive way . . . I think that when they see the video and they see how it was handled they will be impressed with our players. This won't be a big negative on the University of Miami, I'll put it that way." - UM Coach Admin Coker

I was impressed with the way the Miami players were stomping on the FIU players that were on the ground. :|

ok, here is the thing for me...i dont condone the fighting and im glad to see that deserving players were suspended...but this is exactly what miami needed...yeah...ok...i went there...they needed this...FIU came into the orange bowl and tried to disrespect miami football...that is unacceptable...untolerable...recruits of miami football should see that "58 home game winning streak" and see the blood, sweat, effort, and passion that went into that...these guys arent thugs(for the most part), they are just a bunch of under achievers and maybe now, current and future hurricanes will realize that miami football isnt about winning close games and being friendly with the opponent...its about god damn kicking some ass, banging hot chicks and going to the NFL...if you dont want to do that, then go to some pansy ass football school and have a nice career as a shmuck

So what are the Hurricane apologists going to say about today's fiasco??? and how did Riddick not get kicked out of the game for using his helmet as a weapon.

Sounds like FIU started it... :whistle

:rolleyes:

I don't think this is going to help the Canes' reputation.

If the canes didnt have a single penalty or problem for the next 20 years nothing will change the reputation. The media will make them out to be the bad guys no matter what.

Honestly I dont care if they do. I like being the guy everyone is afraid to play, that has the attitude, just get some players and back it up.

So what are the Hurricane apologists going to say about today's fiasco??? and how did Riddick not get kicked out of the game for using his helmet as a weapon.

temple has a football team?

no.

and that is what I say to the temple fan asking the question :)

you're not a canes fan, are you, jimmy?

maybe just a little...but really now...lets be honest...miami has always played a different brand of football...when we play by the rules and dont punish our opponents, we lose...when we get a lot of penalities and kick ass and hit hard and maybe do somethings that arent exactly legal, that is how we win the miami way...and in college football...the ends always justifies the means...always

If the canes didnt have a single penalty or problem for the next 20 years nothing will change the reputation. The media will make them out to be the bad guys no matter what.

Honestly I dont care if they do. I like being the guy everyone is afraid to play, that has the attitude, just get some players and back it up.

no.

Temple has fans?

no.

Temple has fans?

and didnt temple have that goon who broke a guy's wrist in a basketball game? ya know...the non-contact/dont throw your opponent over your shoulder game...i mean god, call me crazy...but i think every university has seen its fair share of brawls...just gives miami something else to kick your ass in, first football, second fights

ok, here is the thing for me...i dont condone the fighting and im glad to see that deserving players were suspended...but this is exactly what miami needed...yeah...ok...i went there...they needed this...FIU came into the orange bowl and tried to disrespect miami football...that is unacceptable...untolerable...recruits of miami football should see that "58 home game winning streak" and see the blood, sweat, effort, and passion that went into that...these guys arent thugs(for the most part), they are just a bunch of under achievers and maybe now, current and future hurricanes will realize that miami football isnt about winning close games and being friendly with the opponent...its about god damn kicking some ass, banging hot chicks and going to the NFL...if you dont want to do that, then go to some pansy ass football school and have a nice career as a shmuck

Congratulations, you have officially ascended to the top of my "worst posters" list.

This is an embarrassment for both teams involved. At least the FIU coach has the right idea to suspend everyone severely and Coker will likely give out one-gamers versus Duke. I hope they underestimate Duke and get spanked.

Congratulations, you have officially ascended to the top of my "worst posters" list.

This is an embarrassment for both teams involved. At least the FIU coach has the right idea to suspend everyone severely and Coker will likely give out one-gamers versus Duke. I hope they underestimate Duke and get spanked.

congrats...i dont give a ****...look...im not going to start anything with you...but FIU started the fight...miami finished it...they didnt let the JV team come in and push them around...im not proud of the players who did fight...but im proud of the players who didnt just stand there with a finger up their rear end either...this is miami football...you kick ass, takes names and have alot of fun doing it...this is about the swagger, this is about winning, this is pride to wear that U that so many greats have before them...and this isnt basketball...duke is gonna pray for prison sentences just to get away from the fury that miami football will be returning to

congrats...i dont give a ****...look...im not going to start anything with you...but FIU started the fight...miami finished it...they didnt let the JV team come in and push them around...im not proud of the players who did fight...but im proud of the players who didnt just stand there with a finger up their rear end either...this is miami football...you kick ass, takes names and have alot of fun doing it...this is about the swagger, this is about winning, this is pride to wear that U that so many greats have before them...and this isnt basketball...duke is gonna pray for prison sentences just to get away from the fury that miami football will be returning to

Are you that announcer from last night?

YOU DONT COME INTO THE OB TALKING THAT STUFF