Joe Girardi re-visited

Stag5

We knew Joe wanted to be manager, GM and in charge of all player development. Now we learn he also wanted to oversee what went on at the stadium. I guess he wanted to be the Pat Riley of baseball? Good riddance. Go away Joe. The Cubs turned ya down and now you say you don't wanna manage. Fine. Drop it. Leave it alone. Go to YES and announce Yankees games. It is obvious you have an opinion on everything and turn a shoulder to everyone elses (including your superiors)....buh-bye and good luck to your micro-managing, control freak ways.

------------------

Just when you thought you had heard the final word from Joe Girardi on the Marlins comes this unusual revelation: At a recent Dolphins Touchdown Club luncheon, the ousted manager told host Jim Mandich he was uncomfortable with the Marlins' scantily-clad Mermaids performing at games.

''We have a 7-year-old daughter going to the ballpark,'' he said. ''I don't want to teach my daughter to dress like that or shake her body like that.'' (The Marlins knew about Girardi's sentiments.)

Of his firing, Girardi told the audience, ''I'm still bitter and I'm still angry and that's probably why I'm not managing. It's hard to fire the Manager of the Year for what he did on the field, so you have to say something else'' to discredit him.

- Miami Herald

We knew Joe wanted to be manager, GM and in charge of all player development. Now we learn he also wanted to oversee what went on at the stadium. I guess he wanted to be the Pat Riley of baseball? Good riddance. Go away Joe. The Cubs turned ya down and now you say you don't wanna manage. Fine. Drop it. Leave it alone. Go to YES and announce Yankees games. It is obvious you have an opinion on everything and turn a shoulder to everyone elses (including your superiors)....buh-bye and good luck to your micro-managing, control freak ways.

------------------

Just when you thought you had heard the final word from Joe Girardi on the Marlins comes this unusual revelation: At a recent Dolphins Touchdown Club luncheon, the ousted manager told host Jim Mandich he was uncomfortable with the Marlins' scantily-clad Mermaids performing at games.

''We have a 7-year-old daughter going to the ballpark,'' he said. ''I don't want to teach my daughter to dress like that or shake her body like that.'' (The Marlins knew about Girardi's sentiments.)

Of his firing, Girardi told the audience, ''I'm still bitter and I'm still angry and that's probably why I'm not managing. It's hard to fire the Manager of the Year for what he did on the field, so you have to say something else'' to discredit him.

- Miami Herald

Follow your own advice for Girardi and "drop it" and "leave it alone"

------------------

- Miami Herald

No where in there does it say anything about him wanting to oversee the stadium deal or anything else, and I completely agree with what he said in that article. The Mermaids are a joke and have no place at a baseball game, when I used to take my 5 year old cousin to Marlins games it was VERY uncomfortable having these trashy stripper wannabes shaking their asses in the face of a 5 year old kid sitting two feet away. After a couple games of this garbage I called my ticket rep and had games that I was planning on taking him to exchanged for seats in a different section.

And he has EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to be bitter and angry, the way he was ousted and the way this franchise alienated him is disgusting and disgraceful. Loria should be ashamed.

haha...bitterness

I do kind of agree with him to a point about the Mermaids, but it really isn't any worse than having cheerleaders at football games.

He's just trying to save face because of the negative things that came out about him inside the lockerroom.

The Dolphins cheerleaders are easily 100 feet away from the closest fan and unless you have binoculars you can barely even see them. They also don't do trashy strip club dance routines like the Mermaids do, and they definitely don't do it 2 feet away from kids in the first row.

At first though, Girardi should grow up and move on. But then, after thinking about it, he is probably asked the question every day, several times a day at any major event, and we will only hear the answer when he actually gives anything juicy. I shudder to think of what could be reported about me if I was followed around until I said something stupid.

I personally don't mind the Mermaids shaking their asses, but I can see Accord's point about the inappropriateness of having said asses shaken a few feet away from children, and I agree with him.

I've forgotten how long the Mermaids have been around. Were they an incarnation of the Loria/Samson ownership? If so, I would bet that one of Samson's duties as President is to interview the wannabe-Mermaids. Possibly his only duty.

I wonder if Samson ever suggested installing poles on the dugouts that the Mermaids could use?

I have no problem with the Mermaids but I really don't think our baseball team needs "cheerleaders" or whatever they are. We aren't the Dolphins or Heat.

Joe has a point.

Hey Accord, funny stuff. Rachel, Joe does not have any point. I do not need mermaids, but their existence is far from objectionable, given what is on TV, movies, billboards etc etc. How about the news and all the wars and suicide bombers etc. I always took both sides with a grain of salt, especially not being too thrilled with our ownership and management, but it does look like Joe may have been sticking his head in too many areas of the team. We know he wanted full control of the on field product, now he wanted to make marketing decisions. It is not 1955 anymore-for better or worse, Joe.

I have no problem with the Mermaids but I really don't think our baseball team needs "cheerleaders" or whatever they are. We aren't the Dolphins or Heat.

Joe has a point.

Hey Accord, funny stuff. Rachel, Joe does not have any point. I do not need mermaids, but their existence is far from objectionable, given what is on TV, movies, billboards etc etc. How about the news and all the wars and suicide bombers etc. I always took both sides with a grain of salt, especially not being too thrilled with our ownership and management, but it does look like Joe may have been sticking his head in too many areas of the team. We know he wanted full control of the on field product, now he wanted to make marketing decisions. It is not 1955 anymore-for better or worse, Joe.

baseball does not need scantily clad women on top of the dugouts.

end of story.

I've forgotten how long the Mermaids have been around. Were they an incarnation of the Loria/Samson ownership? If so, I would bet that one of Samson's duties as President is to interview the wannabe-Mermaids. Possibly his only duty.

I wonder if Samson ever suggested installing poles on the dugouts that the Mermaids could use?

I'm pretty sure the mermaids stuff started in '03.

Unfortunately, Samson probably did. I bet he thought it would be really funny too. :|