Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Draft

Featured Replies

With the draft less only a week and a half away, I figured it was time for the official thread.

 

Scott Wright's new mock is up, and historically he has been one of the more accurate "experts."

 

He doesn't project trades, and currently has the dolphins taking:

1(9). Brady Quinn, QB, ND

2(40). Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC

2(60). Ryan Harris, OT, ND

3(79). Jonathan Wade, CB, Tenn

 

Obviously these things are very difficult to project, but if this somehow came through I would be more than thrilled.

  • Author

Jarrett falling to 40th? ummmmmmmmm, am I missing something?

 

Poor 40 time and the Mike Williams comparisons (although unfair b/c Mike is failing due to work ethic, not talent).

 

I think Ryan Harris was on MTV's True Life as a high schooler.

 

Could be wrong though.

 

You're right.

That is pretty tight he came full circle like that. I remember that episode well because it was about different people and their nutrition and exercise and of course that interests me. He seemed like a pretty level headed guy on there, good luck to him wherever he goes (except the Panthers).

With the draft less only a week and a half away, I figured it was time for the official thread.

 

Scott Wright's new mock is up, and historically he has been one of the more accurate "experts."

 

He doesn't project trades, and currently has the dolphins taking:

1(9). Brady Quinn, QB, ND

2(40). Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC

2(60). Ryan Harris, OT, ND

3(79). Jonathan Wade, CB, Tenn

 

Obviously these things are very difficult to project, but if this somehow came through I would be more than thrilled.

Replace Jarrett with Kalil, Free, or Blalock and I'd be thrilled.

Figured I'd post this here.

 

The Way We Hear It ? NFL draft edition

 

Three potential top-10 draft prospects admit to marijuana use

 

By Nolan Nawrocki

April 18, 2007

 

 

PFW has learned that three potential top-10 picks have admitted to using marijuana. The admissions were recorded during standard interviews at the NFL Scouting Combine administered by the league to every player in attendance and submitted to all 32 teams for review.

 

Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson, Clemson DE Gaines Adams and Louisville DT Amobi Okoye, according to multiple sources who have watched the interviews, all admitted to using marijuana.

 

Such admissions are viewed indifferently by many teams? decision-makers who do not consider marijuana experimentation to be abnormal. In the case of Johnson ? who is being considered by the Raiders with the first overall pick ? his stock is not expected to be affected at all, given the strength of his character. That he admitted to using the drug, to some teams, is a sign of maturity.

 

Honesty is highly encouraged in the interviews, and those who are not honest and later proven to have lied are likely to be punished more severely, as LSU?s Claude Wroten was a year ago. Regarded as a top-10 pick entering draft meetings, he wound up sliding to the third round.

 

For Adams and Okoye, however, there could be more severe ramifications given some questions that exist about the consistency of their play.

 

?It should scare (teams), especially when you see how laid-back (Adams) is in his play,? one team official said. ?No one disputes the great physical ability. What is disputed is how passionate he is and how physical he is. Physically, from an athletic standpoint, he has all the tools. He is the No. 1 pass rusher in the draft, and I don?t think many people would argue with that.?

 

As for Okoye, scouts have a love-hate relationship with him. Some teams who became aware of his admission in the past month have said they did not think it would affect his draft stock at all. Others have deeper concerns about his work ethic, maturity level and fluctuations in his weight.

 

Considering NFL commissioner Roger Goodell?s hard-line stance on players who run afoul of the law, teams could place a higher premium on character than ever before.

 

?The commissioner is going to be all over any team that drafts players with borderline character,? another team official said. ?You are not going to see a draft like, for instance, Cincinnati?s (in 2006), where they took four criminals in one draft, because the owners are going to start getting fined.?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...extra041807.htm

I personally dont think its a big deal. The only guy that can be affected mostly by this is Okoye IMO.

I think it says more good for a persons character when they can and up and say "yeah i have used drugs".

If somehow the first and second round unveiled that way for the Dolphins, I would have to change my pants.

 

I too would have to change my pants, and then change a second pair of pants.

The Eagles should take some offensive guys but they never will...Reid wants guys as big as him.

I always get so way to excited for the draft then realize its boring as hell.

 

Thank god for beer

I always get so way to excited for the draft then realize its boring as hell.

 

Thank god for beer

 

 

I do the same. It gets all this hype and I turn the tv on at noon to start watching. Then I remember it takes like 7 hours to get out of the first round.

Scott's draft was updated yesterday

 

9th Levi Brown LT

40th Dwayne Jarrett WR

60th Kevin Kolb QB (ewww reach)

71st Baraka Atkins DE (reach)

 

Dont care for this one too much really myself.

My freshman year at college we made a drinking game out of the draft and actually sat thru the first 8 hours.

My freshman year at college we made a drinking game out of the draft and actually sat thru the first 8 hours.

 

i graduated from college last year and am planning on doing that saturday.....but then again i'm an idiot

I just saw this on the sports page for usatoday.com in their fantasy player report.

usatoday

Brady Quinn (QB) CLG: Report: Raiders enter negotiations with Quinn

 

I can't believe is true but its there on a reputable website. Thought you all would like to see this.

They are also negotiating with Russell and Johnson.

 

Its standard for the team with the no. 1 pick to negotiate with multiple players before the draft.

I am a complete Dork, I love that crap

 

 

Same here. I love the draft, all drafts even MLB. I am a huge draft nerd and will watch all 8 hours in pure enjoyment. :confused

I love the draft but i think the first round should be shortened to 10 mins a pick because after a while my add kicks in but its a good thing theres playoff basketball so i can flip back and forth in between picks

ya 15 minutes is way to long...i mean jeez you've had all this time to prepare and such...if your not ready then oh well too bad because by like the 5th pick im already like damn the guy that got picked first was selected like 30-40 minutes ago and imagine being of the players at the tables with your family/friends/agent just waiting for your name to be called hoping you go to some place where you can actually like it and have a chance at winning in the near future instead of going somewhere like Detroit.

I read a good rumor of the Falcons attempting to do whatever it takes to move up to # 2 to grab Calvin Johnson. They have two 2nd round picks plus the #8 to offer Detroit, who would take Patrick Willis. CJ and Vick on the same team would be AWESOME.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.