Miami Still #1

Miami still has the rudest drivers in the nation, which is probably not the least bit surprising to anyone whose ever driven in Miami. :balloons

Road Rage Rankings

Survey By AutoVantage

Residents in the following 25 cities were surveyed and are listed in order from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:

1. Miami

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Sacramento, Calif.

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

11. Houston

12. Atlanta

13. Detroit

14. Minneapolis-St. Paul

15. Baltimore

16. Tampa, Fla.

17. San Diego

18. Cincinnati

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. Dallas-Ft. Worth

22. St. Louis

23. Seattle-Tacoma

24. Pittsburgh

25. Portland, Ore.

kniL

Guest marlins02

If a car tries to merge in front of me I speed up cuz i'm an a**hole. :thumbup

:lol

today some fool was honking and cursing at me and flashing his lights when i switched lanes in front of me... you couldve fit 2 cars between us!!! :lol

This is because we have the slowest drivers in the world--tourists and old people. On my way to school every morning, it's a miracle if I reach the speed limit, and it has nothing to do with heavy traffic. It's because every day all three lanes across the McArthur are taken up by 3 cars who not only like driving 10 mph below, but they all like driving right next to each other so that no one can get by. It's uncanny.

Furthermore, pretty much wherever I drive around here, I'm one of the fastest drivers on the road...I'm not one of those crazy a**holes who drive like 110 or anything, but I'm doing 75-80 mph down I-95...which qualifies as fast here. But when I went out to CA, driving East from Los Angeles, I couldn't keep up. I was going like 85 and everyone was flying by me. Must be a cultural thing.

This is because we have the slowest drivers in the world--tourists and old people. On my way to school every morning, it's a miracle if I reach the speed limit, and it has nothing to do with heavy traffic. It's because every day all three lanes across the McArthur are taken up by 3 cars who not only like driving 10 mph below, but they all like driving right next to each other so that no one can get by. It's uncanny.

Furthermore, pretty much wherever I drive around here, I'm one of the fastest drivers on the road...I'm not one of those crazy a**holes who drive like 110 or anything, but I'm doing 75-80 mph down I-95...which qualifies as fast here. But when I went out to CA, driving East from Los Angeles, I couldn't keep up. I was going like 85 and everyone was flying by me. Must be a cultural thing.

90% of the drivers I come across are going well over the speed limit, though I guess Broward is different from downtown Miami.

Exactly. And the other problem is people going REALLY fast. So you have really slow drivers and really fast drivers - which messes it up for everyone else.

If everyone drove about 5 mph over the speed limit the traffic here wouldn't be bad at all.

And the other problem is that people will just not let you in to their lane if they can stop you, will cut you off, etc.

Basically: there are a lot of bad drivers down here.

90% of the drivers I come across are going well over the speed limit, though I guess Broward is different from downtown Miami.

Yeah, Broward is undoubtedly different. When I was doing the high school thing, my commute was between Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale, and it was more or less as you describe, unless there was heavy traffic. Miami is a different animal.

Driving here in Miami sure is crazy. Here, people don't believe in using the turning signals. I guess Miami is the only place where green means stop and red means go.

In March, I was on my way to FIU. I am driving on my lane when some idiotic lady decides it's a good idea to merge onto my lane, even though she's about to hit me. I honk like hell, and for what? She hit me anyways. Then she blames ME! I wrote all about it in a blog here: http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...;showentry=1797

Heh... and just last night, I am going 80 on the Palmetto and some guy tailgates me.

I have even seen cops do crazy things on the road. How do people expect others to drive safer when not even some of our own police officers can't obey simple traffic laws?

I have even seen cops do crazy things on the road. How do people expect others to drive safer when not even some of our own police officers can't obey simple traffic laws?

I was driving on the Palmetto when a cop cut in front of me, then stomped on his breaks, no lie. My family was in the car at the time and we were all shocked at what we just saw. I was DAMN close to hitting the f***er too.

Miami truly does have the worse drivers in the world. People, do not get in the freakin' far left lane if you are not going faster than all the cars in the lane to the right of you! The left lane is for passing, not cruising!! :banghead That one drives me crazy.

Oh, that's all over the country, my man.

And notice the culprits are usually blonds donning stupid looking sunglasses and talking on their cell phones, or old geezers.

Naw not an A-hole. That just means you contribute to traffic. Most of the traffic here isn't caused by old folks driving slow. It's by people who hang out in the left lane because they dont know its a passing lane. Also people who thin kthat at all times their foot must be either on the gas or on the brake, and don't understand that if you pace yourself properly traffic can move continuously. And people who cause a bottleneck at the merge lanes by not letting cars merge. In heavy traffic the merge lane should be 1 and 1.

Naw not an A-hole. That just means you contribute to traffic. Most of the traffic here isn't caused by old folks driving slow. It's by people who hang out in the left lane because they dont know its a passing lane. Also people who thin kthat at all times their foot must be either on the gas or on the brake, and don't understand that if you pace yourself properly traffic can move continuously. And people who cause a bottleneck at the merge lanes by not letting cars merge. In heavy traffic the merge lane should be 1 and 1.

I hate it so much when people 'cheat' when a lane is closed ahead. I never let them back in once they do that, and a lot of times I will move my car to block the lane that is ending to keep people from speeding to the bottleneck and forcing themselves back into the proper lane.

that bugs me as well - also a spot out here where the HOV lane dies right at a point where there is another highway merging in on the other side - so it backs up a little from both sides

they give plenty of warning - but you always have those people that like to speed all the way up and slam on their brakes while forcing someone into the center lane - complete dolts that bring traffic to a dead stop

sometimes I'll hop into the HOV lane if I see someone gunning for it - set my speed for a smooth merge and act as the pace car - pisses them off, but hopefully they'll get the point