May 22, 200719 yr Maybe it's just that I don't feel sympathy for violent animals. Yes, it's the dog's fault they were raised for the sole purpose of fighting and killing one another. I have two dogs...one is one of the nicest dogs, who's never bit anybody (She's 14-15 years old). The other has some territorial issues, but he's not physically aggressive, just a mean bark. Both are german sheppards, who are known for being a "dangerous" breed. Dogs aren't violent animals, it's how they're raised and trained. edit: bah was beat to it
May 22, 200719 yr Maybe it's just that I don't feel sympathy for violent animals. It's not the dogs' fault they were bred to kill other dogs. Anyway, I find the whole thing to be disgusting. There have to be better ways for a guy with millions of dollars to amuse himself besides watching dogs mutilate and kill one another. I agree completely. Didn't mean for the sentence to sound sarcastic -- I just legitimately have never felt much concern for aggressive dogs.
May 22, 200719 yr Maybe it's just that I don't feel sympathy for violent animals. It's not the dogs' fault they were bred to kill other dogs. Anyway, I find the whole thing to be disgusting. There have to be better ways for a guy with millions of dollars to amuse himself besides watching dogs mutilate and kill one another. I agree completely. Didn't mean for the sentence to sound sarcastic -- I just legitimately have never felt much concern for aggressive dogs. For me it's not as much feeling sorry for the dogs involved (although I do) as disdain for the people who get their jollies running and taking part in this sort of thing. And while I definitely don't think it's as serious as crimes involving people, you have to wonder about someone who has this kind of mentality. Portis didn't do himself any favors either. I'm sure being raised around that stuff makes it seem more acceptable, but "it's his property so he can do what he wants with it"? Vick :dork
May 22, 200719 yr Portis and Samuels are out of their minds. :confused With Portis, you have to wonder just how serious he was. I mean, he is a bit of a clown and a prankster. It looks - in the piece of the interview that I read - like Samuels was just playing along.
May 22, 200719 yr i think they were pretty serious and were just laughing the whole situation off - even going as far as saying that you are hunting down a famous guy who does good for his community over what - dog fighting?! I think anyone who gets off on having a couple animals fight it out is just sick - they didn't choose the path, there really isn't skill involved and it's dirty, bloody and disgusting .............. not to mention just cruel - cockfighting is the same way
May 22, 200719 yr i think they were pretty serious and were just laughing the whole situation off - even going as far as saying that you are hunting down a famous guy who does good for his community over what - dog fighting?! I think anyone who gets off on having a couple animals fight it out is just sick - they didn't choose the path, there really isn't skill involved and it's dirty, bloody and disgusting .............. not to mention just cruel - cockfighting is the same way Disagree with cockfighting. While I wouldn't do it myself, chickens (roosters) are different animals than dogs. They are pretty vicious naturally, they aren't trained or bred to be that way, at least not as much as with dogs. I had chickens when I lived in Italy. We had a 'chioccia', a chicken that hatches eggs (regular chickens lay eggs but do not hatch them). So we had a bunch of chicks running around. When one got sick, all the other chickens started pecking at it and almost killed it. We had to finish it off at that point. Chickens are ruthless. Then a couple dogs broke in and killed them all. In fact, dogs are pretty ruthless themselves. You see it more if you grow up in the countryside and own country dogs. I had a dog bring home a dead sheep once. We buried it (so the owner wouldn't find out!). The next day there's another one in our courtyard, we thought it had resurrected. We had to put that dog to sleep. My german sheperd was worse. He would ravage all the neighboring chickens, rabbits, etc. We spent alot of money paying people back. When a car drove up to my house, if he didn't recognize it, he would bite the tires and leave them with flats. That was a great dog. But dogs are instinctively aggressive. It just doesn't show as much in a city environment. You have to train them NOT to do these things. To train them to kill each other sucks to me because I love dogs. I love chickens too, but I think I would enjoy a cockfight. At least you can make soup with the loser. I wouldn't eat dog. I bet in North Korea dog fights aren't so bad, they just BBQ the losing dog. Much like bullfights in Spain. I have no idea what my point is anymore.
May 22, 200719 yr I have no idea what my point is anymore. :lol "Why is my dish so much smaller?" "Sometimes the bull wins, Senior."
May 22, 200719 yr Uh, you're pretty much saying "I think Cockfighting is ok because I can eat the chickens." Seriously, that has to be the stupidest thing I've read on here in a long time. And I've read a lot of Marlins' (The user) posts.
May 22, 200719 yr Author Maybe it's just that I don't feel sympathy for violent animals. It's not the dogs' fault they were bred to kill other dogs. Anyway, I find the whole thing to be disgusting. There have to be better ways for a guy with millions of dollars to amuse himself besides watching dogs mutilate and kill one another. I agree completely. Didn't mean for the sentence to sound sarcastic -- I just legitimately have never felt much concern for aggressive dogs. For me it's not as much feeling sorry for the dogs involved (although I do) as disdain for the people who get their jollies running and taking part in this sort of thing. And while I definitely don't think it's as serious as crimes involving people, you have to wonder about someone who has this kind of mentality. Portis looks like an idiot too. I'm sure being raised around that stuff makes it seem more acceptable, but "it's his property so he can do what he wants with it"? Vick :dork I dont think it is as serious as crimes involving people, but it is a serious crime. If it was just two dogs fighting once, then maybe you give him a free pass, buts thats not the case. You figure they had 60 dogs in the stable which were probably used for fighting, it was his property that was housing it, and then you have to assume that people are betting on the dogs.
May 22, 200719 yr right. And as to the cockfighting comparison, it's not so much that they're roosters. I don't really care about roosters either, and they may very well be aggressive, but I think the point is that you're organizing it. If your dog attacks the neighborhood sheep that's one thing, but you didn't organize the hit. Hyenas are pretty vicious. Just for the sake of argument if hyenas were known to attack each other in the wild, that wouldn't mean setting up hyena battles in my backyard would be okay. To train them to kill each other sucks to me because I love dogs. I love chickens too, but I think I would enjoy a cockfight. At least you can make soup with the loser. I wouldn't eat dog. I bet in North Korea dog fights aren't so bad, they just BBQ the losing dog. Much like bullfights in Spain. I have no idea what my point is anymore. I can't really top this. :
May 22, 200719 yr right. And as to the cockfighting comparison, it's not so much that they're roosters. I don't really care about roosters either, and they may very well be aggressive, but I think the point is that you're organizing it. If your dog attacks the neighborhood sheep that's one thing, but you didn't organize the hit. Hyenas are pretty vicious. Just for the sake of argument if hyenas were known to attack each other in the wild, that wouldn't mean setting up hyena battles in my backyard would be okay. Agreed, but where do you draw the line? I am against fighting animals, but when do we decide which is legal? I don't know if I can say it should all be outlawed. What about bullfighting?
May 22, 200719 yr i think they were pretty serious and were just laughing the whole situation off - even going as far as saying that you are hunting down a famous guy who does good for his community over what - dog fighting?! I think anyone who gets off on having a couple animals fight it out is just sick - they didn't choose the path, there really isn't skill involved and it's dirty, bloody and disgusting .............. not to mention just cruel - cockfighting is the same way Disagree with cockfighting. While I wouldn't do it myself, chickens (roosters) are different animals than dogs. They are pretty vicious naturally, they aren't trained or bred to be that way, at least not as much as with dogs. I had chickens when I lived in Italy. We had a 'chioccia', a chicken that hatches eggs (regular chickens lay eggs but do not hatch them). So we had a bunch of chicks running around. When one got sick, all the other chickens started pecking at it and almost killed it. We had to finish it off at that point. Chickens are ruthless. Then a couple dogs broke in and killed them all. In fact, dogs are pretty ruthless themselves. You see it more if you grow up in the countryside and own country dogs. I had a dog bring home a dead sheep once. We buried it (so the owner wouldn't find out!). The next day there's another one in our courtyard, we thought it had resurrected. We had to put that dog to sleep. My german sheperd was worse. He would ravage all the neighboring chickens, rabbits, etc. We spent alot of money paying people back. When a car drove up to my house, if he didn't recognize it, he would bite the tires and leave them with flats. That was a great dog. But dogs are instinctively aggressive. It just doesn't show as much in a city environment. You have to train them NOT to do these things. To train them to kill each other sucks to me because I love dogs. I love chickens too, but I think I would enjoy a cockfight. At least you can make soup with the loser. I wouldn't eat dog. I bet in North Korea dog fights aren't so bad, they just BBQ the losing dog. Much like bullfights in Spain. I have no idea what my point is anymore. i'm very familiar with the country and the country lifestyle - this is a photo montage of my hometown from our chamber webpage just because an animal is aggressive in it's natural state - doesn't mean we should take it to an artificial state and make it nastier - blading roosters, putting them in a cage and then betting on and deriving enjoyment from the outcome is sick - even if the animal will eat it's own dogs can be bred to be pretty much anything you want them to be - country dogs typically aren't trained as much (unless used for hunting or sport) because they really don't need to be - they also don't get the socialization of city dogs - with that said, our dogs for the most part were pretty good growing up - although a couple got very territorial regardless of what the animal is - to turn their actions into blood sport is cruel and I'll never understand those who have so little else to entertain themselves they need to torture animals
May 22, 200719 yr right. And as to the cockfighting comparison, it's not so much that they're roosters. I don't really care about roosters either, and they may very well be aggressive, but I think the point is that you're organizing it. If your dog attacks the neighborhood sheep that's one thing, but you didn't organize the hit. Hyenas are pretty vicious. Just for the sake of argument if hyenas were known to attack each other in the wild, that wouldn't mean setting up hyena battles in my backyard would be okay. Agreed, but where do you draw the line? I am against fighting animals, but when do we decide which is legal? I don't know if I can say it should all be outlawed. What about bullfighting? I went to see a bulfight in Madrid and was totally turned off by it. I know it's a cultural thing with a long history, so you have to give a little leeway, but still, I hope I never see that stuff going on in this country. It was really lame, too. Matadors are thought of as brave and valiant, but any time the bull looked like he might be in business, the matador would run and hide behind some wooden plank, and these other jokers would come out and tire the bull out. And then after scoring points by sticking these colored swords in the bull's side, the matador is supposed to finish him off with a blow to the spine. But this one jackass was either awful or having a bad day because it took him like 6 tries, and he just kept inflicting more and more pain on the bull. It took him like 15 minutes, and people started booing. Anyway, that's my bullfighting story. I don't even know what they do with the bulls afterwards.
May 22, 200719 yr Author right. And as to the cockfighting comparison, it's not so much that they're roosters. I don't really care about roosters either, and they may very well be aggressive, but I think the point is that you're organizing it. If your dog attacks the neighborhood sheep that's one thing, but you didn't organize the hit. Hyenas are pretty vicious. Just for the sake of argument if hyenas were known to attack each other in the wild, that wouldn't mean setting up hyena battles in my backyard would be okay. Agreed, but where do you draw the line? I am against fighting animals, but when do we decide which is legal? I don't know if I can say it should all be outlawed. What about bullfighting? I believe bull fighting is illegal in the United States. It doesnt matter if in some countries cock fight, dog fighting or bull fighting are legal... they arent legal in the United States. The line has already been drawn that putting two animals in an arena and making them kill eachother is illegal.
May 22, 200719 yr right. And as to the cockfighting comparison, it's not so much that they're roosters. I don't really care about roosters either, and they may very well be aggressive, but I think the point is that you're organizing it. If your dog attacks the neighborhood sheep that's one thing, but you didn't organize the hit. Hyenas are pretty vicious. Just for the sake of argument if hyenas were known to attack each other in the wild, that wouldn't mean setting up hyena battles in my backyard would be okay. Agreed, but where do you draw the line? I am against fighting animals, but when do we decide which is legal? I don't know if I can say it should all be outlawed. What about bullfighting? :lol I was going to add something about drawing a line somewhere because I saw that coming. I have no idea. Mammals? Insects? (Scorpions maybe?) Fish? That's a tough one.
May 26, 200719 yr i think he just lost his remaining fanbase. No, there is not a more stubborn group of 'fans' or 'supporters' then that group. i'm convinced that the remaining vick backers are on something...one diehard vick fan i know from a few years back has quit vick now with all this mess going on (dog fighting, druggie, ron mexico/herpes, the bird, bad attitude/arrogant, bad qb, overpaid). so almost all of the sane ones are done with this loser...the ones still backing him are ones you need to keep an eye out for. :mischief Mike and Marcus are a couple of chowderheads that refuse to grow up, and IMO(due to Marcus's incident against Louisville) Petrio probably has a shorter fuse than a different coach would have. The Vick brothers are exactly alike afterall. Gladly, Atlanta fans have stopped elevating him to such a lofty status and have admitted he has(many) basic human flaws. I hope the guy can turn his life around, personally, and hope that the Atlanta organization does everything they can to help him. Something needs to click in his head soon. this family is a mess. the vick brothers keep making stupid choices, and thankfully, most of the sane fans are done with vick. although i do know of one falcon fan that never liked vick since day one...he saw that vick was just overrated hype and his image wasn't as clean as it was seen to be back then. i was sick of the espn hype too, and he knew that when vick messed up, he would be dropped like a rock and fast. he now is seeing that vick will be gone. too bad they have a backloaded contract with him.
May 27, 200719 yr That was hard to watch.. definitely something wrong in the head of someone who actually enjoys this crap. Vick is an idiot. I am very happy im not a falcon fan because it would be near impossible to support this loser.
May 27, 200719 yr Vick is an idiot. I am very happy im not a falcon fan because it would be near impossible to support this loser. apparently, some falcon fans are still supporting this dummy...they are most likely as dumb as him. one accused the media of being racist against vick, which is false, because of the hype machine being pumped for him as recently as last season. he also thinks all of the dog fights are false and just more anti vick propaganda. most of the sane ones are done with vick and wish they had schaub instead of sticking with vick. they can't support vick anymore.
May 27, 200719 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063 Wow, pretty damning. I can't believe they have video of it on that link. I couldn't get through, that's disgusting.
May 27, 200719 yr Author http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063 Wow, pretty damning. I can't believe they have video of it on that link. I couldn't get through, that's disgusting. I dont think the nfl is going to do anything until it is in fact determed that he was a heavy better. If it turns out to be true (I think it will be) he will probably sit out some games.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.