Things are looking good

JetsMania

Yes, the team has looked good.

I think we need to give Olivo Friday off, that way he gets extra rest. He's really been struggling at the plate.

The Marlins would be closer to the Mets if they didn't lose all those games due to rookie mistakes.

Don't forget the Julio debacle. Probably 2-3 games.

I think we need to give Olivo Friday off, that way he gets extra rest. He's really been struggling at the plate.

The Marlins would be closer to the Mets if they didn't lose all those games due to rookie mistakes.

Julio cost us about three games, Pinto has cost us about three games, Errors have cost us two or three games.

Were 7.0 behind the Mets....do the math.

No excuses though, other teams have blown saves and errors also. (To our credit though most of those teams arent near .500)

Julio cost us about three games, Pinto has cost us about three games, Errors have cost us two or three games.

No excuses though, other teams have blown saves and errors also. (To our credit though most of those teams arent near .500)

I don't follow the Mets on a day to day basis like the Marlins(obviously) but that reasoning is flawed because I am sure the Mets can say so and so cost us 3-4 games and this cost another 2-3 games...and so on. Every team can.

I don't follow the Mets on a day to day basis like the Marlins(obviously) but that reasoning is flawed because I am sure the Mets can say so and so cost us 3-4 games and this cost another 2-3 games...and so on. Every team can.

Not my point even though I think that's how it came across.

My point is that when you don't have a huge payroll with superstar players you have to make as few mistakes as possible. Also I'm only counting games we SHOULD have won, had a lead 7th inning or later, good teams don't blow those so I am sure we have lost a few more of those than the Mets.

Also the point was to show we aren't as far behind them as most people seem to think, 7 games sounds like a lot but when you think about it we could easily be only two or three back.

Not my point even though I think that's how it came across.

My point is that when you don't have a huge payroll with superstar players you have to make as few mistakes as possible. Also I'm only counting games we SHOULD have won, had a lead 7th inning or later, good teams don't blow those so I am sure we have lost a few more of those than the Mets.

Also the point was to show we aren't as far behind them as most people seem to think, 7 games sounds like a lot but when you think about it we could easily be only two or three back.

on the flip side there are games we should have lost but won. There is no point in saying what if. "you are what your record is"

On top of all that the umps costs us about six games, bad luck costs us abpout three more games, the Nats and the Braves should have forfeited the rain games so that's two more games and the games where Rembrandt didn't pitch well costs us a couple of more games so in reality we should be aboput 45-10.. that's good, I think.

On top of all that the umps costs us about six games, bad luck costs us abpout three more games, the Nats and the Braves should have forfeited the rain games so that's two more games and the games where Rembrandt didn't pitch well costs us a couple of more games so in reality we should be aboput 45-10.. that's good, I think.

:lol That's ok. Imagine now if we weren't injured!! Can anybody say 1972 Dolphins???

:lol That's ok. Imagine now if we weren't injured!! Can anybody say 1972 Dolphins???

we would be talking about the 2007 marlins perfect season if it weren't for

Jorge Julio and a few other douche bags I believe are communists.

Imagine all those pitches that our pitchers screwed up on.

Dontrell, Olsen and Mitre could easily be 10-0 with a 0.0 era.

Olivo will get Friday off for certain and he should get Sunday off also.

That comment about him swinging on a throw over to 1st from the pitcher is hilarious and sad at the same time. The way its going for him right now he could do it soon.

.250 OBP? Thats horrendous, drop him to 8th for good now and make sure he earns his way back up. OR you could do what LaRussa used to do in the McGwire days and bat the pitcher 8th and Olivo 9th.

and i hope it never comes to that

That comment about him swinging on a throw over to 1st from the pitcher is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Hahaha... I remember Rich and Tommy saying Olivo would even swing at a rosen bag being thrown his way.

Did I just hear the name Baker again....((echo))... Baker... ((echo))

Imagine all those pitches that our pitchers screwed up on.

Dontrell, Olsen and Mitre could easily be 10-0 with a 0.0 era.

Mitre has the ERA to be 10-0 :shifty

We are now only 4 losses behind atlanta. Josh Johnson is on his way back in about 2 weeks. And we have 15 of the next 21 games at home. The 6 road games are at kc and at the white sox, both who have losing records. Mike Jacobs could be back at the end of the month as well.

I think we have a chance to get right back in the mix.

Absolutely we can ! GO FISH ! :thumbup

I say this in a half joking manner, because it probably wont happen but at the same time wouldnt surprise me...

Olivo is the one player in MLB that wouldnt surprise me if he swung when a pitcher was checking a guy at 1st.

LMFAO....thats great. sure makes ya miss paul LoDuca doesn't it?