Anibal Sanchez to see Dr Andrews

gomarlins9703

Sanchez to be examined after setback

Right-hander experienced shoulder discomfort while throwing

By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

MIAMI -- Anibal Sanchez experienced a setback in his recovery from a shoulder ailment on Monday, and the right-hander is scheduled to be examined by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala.

The 23-year-old felt discomfort while throwing at the Roger Dean Stadium complex in Jupiter, Fla.

The Marlins optioned Sanchez to Triple-A Albuquerque on May 4. Sanchez went on the Minor League disabled list shortly afterward.

Sanchez, the Marlins' No. 3 starter when the season began, has been battling through a sore shoulder since January. He underwent an MRI then, and was eased into Spring Training.

Before being optioned, Sanchez appeared in six games for the Marlins. He was 2-1 with a 4.80 ERA.

Sanchez's last start was on May 2, when he threw 3 1/3 innings against the Mets. He allowed three runs on seven hits that day.

As a rookie in 2006, Sanchez was 10-3 with a 2.83 ERA and threw a no-hitter against Arizona.

wow virtually everyone from 2006 is washing out , I think only jj will be worth keeping , olsen has been extremely disappointing sanchez is out probably for awhile btw i bet he is kicking himself for not being honest that he was injured when he was up in the majors because this is a pay cut he will feel for awhile ,nolasco to me has always been the least impressive.

wow virtually everyone from 2006 is washing out , I think only jj will be worth keeping , olsen has been extremely disappointing sanchez is out probably for awhile btw i bet he is kicking himself for not being honest that he was injured when he was up in the majors because this is a pay cut he will feel for awhile ,nolasco to me has always been the least impressive.

A bad sophmore year won't cost him anything. He is still years away from getting a LTC.

That trade with the Red Sox isn't looking so good now. I'm sure the Red Sox didn't mind giving up a pitcher that has had injury problems throughout his short career. Better keep the fingers crossed because Dr. Andrews usually means T-John surgery.

And then there is that Ramirez guy....

never good to have your pitchers name associated with Dr. James Andrew

After hearing this news i really hope nolasco can come back quickly because i cannot deal knowing obermueller or kim will pitch on the 5th day. No matter how productive they have been this year.

This is based on the rotation of a healthy Mitre, JJ, Willis , Olsen and ??? hopfully Nolasco or vand den hurk

sucks cause sanchez is awsome

That trade with the Red Sox isn't looking so good now. I'm sure the Red Sox didn't mind giving up a pitcher that has had injury problems throughout his short career. Better keep the fingers crossed because Dr. Andrews usually means T-John surgery.

I love Beckett more than anybody, and I think all things considered, that's a trade that both teams still make.

I agree. The Marlins couldn't afford either Lowell or Beckett. But the Red Sox didn't bat an eye.

Considering Big Tex liked pitching for the Fish(as far as I can remember) and what he signed with Boston for...Id say he was more than affordable.

He does Tommy John but his elbow isn't injured, it's his shoulder. So maybe it's a precaution.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.