Best Team in The NL?

Brewers or Mets which is the best team in the NL? For my money the Brew crew is far the better team all around right now, the scary part is that the are getting better as the season is progressing and their young talent matures. The Mets have pretty much peaked and have been playing steady ball. Through the longhaul of the season and through a head to head short series confrontation the Brewers will prove to be superior

Guest ShaqandWade323

If the Brewers are smart enough to make an upgrade over Jenkins or Mench and/or add another bullpen arm, they have a great chance at the NLCS.

Guest FishFanInPA

The Cubs or Dodgers....the pieces are there for them. good lineup, good rotation, good enough bullpen.

Can't be SD with that lineup

Can't be the Mets with that rotation

Can't be the Braves with that bullpen

mets and it's not evne close when we get healthy.

our record with alou waslike 25-13 withtout Alou the percentage is much worse.

Reyes

Gotay

Beltran

Wright

Delgado

Alou

Green

LoDuca

That lineup's solid, but in no way is t good enough to carry 3 rotation spots on its back.

Actually, the more I think about it, the harder it is for me to make the Pads #1, they're the toughest to beat because of absurdly good pitching, but the most balanced teams are either the Dodgers or Braves.

The Cubs or Dodgers....the pieces are there for them. good lineup, good rotation, good enough bullpen.

I think the Mets rotation gets a LOT stronger if Pedro comes back healthy [and rested]. For me, he's the key to their post season success. A happy and healthy Pedro makes the Mets the best team in the NL. Heck, they already were for a long stretch when they were healthy even without Pedro.

I really like the Pads but they have no lineup whatsoever. They can't advance very far with that lineup against post season pitching.

I think the Mets rotation gets a LOT stronger if Pedro comes back healthy [and rested]. For me, he's the key to their post season success. A happy and healthy Pedro makes the Mets the best team in the NL. Heck, they already were for a long stretch when they were healthy even without Pedro.

I really like the Pads but they have no lineup whatsoever. They can't advance very far with that lineup against post season pitching.

If it were a calf injury, I'd agree with you, but this is the same injury that ended his brother's career.

If it were a calf injury, I'd agree with you, but this is the same injury that ended his brother's career.

Pedro's coming back from a major injury and has had problems staying healthy.....we'll see about him.

That's why he'll be the key. All reports say he is well on his way. Pedro typically wears himself down over the course of the season. So, with him starting long after the All Star Break, I feel like there's an opportunity for him to remain healthy throughout the postseason.

Brewers and Dodgers are the 2 best teams I've seen. I think a better question though (the best team in the NL one is hard) is which division will get the Wild Card? If you asked me, I think the Cubs and Brewers are both going to keep winning and the NL Central will end up getting 2 teams in.

The Padres mediocre offense is going to haunt them in postseason road games.

or it could explode once they leave PETCO

True, but their lineup as is even in a neutral setting isn't all that great, Adrian Gonzalez isn't having the kind of year he did last year, and as much as I love Chris Young, he can't keep pitching like this. Plus, Wells and Maddux have been pitching like they remembered how old they are lately. And even if they explode outside of PETCO, their pitchers won't be as good on the road either, and with all the PETCO games being 3-2 type of affairs, they have no margin for error. Something like a bad bounce or call, or an error, or a couple bloopers that fall could lose them a game or more.