Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The 8th Inning

Featured Replies

Should no longer belong to Armando Benitez. This is becoming ridiculous.

So this is why San Fran was willing to pay his salary to trade him. :banghead :banghead :banghead

yup yup yup I agree with Tommy, put Miller in the 8th, and if Benitez doesn't like it, well I don't give a crap.

With the game on the line, Fredi turns to a guy who is hitting .213 against RHP. Like I said in the GDT, this is the worst I've seen him manage.

Should no longer belong to Armando Benitez. This is becoming ridiculous.

 

Definitely. Armando is not good right now. I had stepped out for the 8th inning with a feeling that Armando was going to blow the lead, and lo and behold...

Still has not had a 1-2-3 inning since Jun 19th

 

Since then:

17 app, 13.1 inn, 3 BS, 4 L, 2.52 WHIP, 10.3 ERA, 8.93 BB/9, .338 BAA, .449 OBP, .523 SLG, .972 OPS

With the game on the line, Fredi turns to a guy who is hitting .213 against RHP. Like I said in the GDT, this is the worst I've seen him manage.

 

Because the rest of the bench has been so awesome. :|

Still has not had a 1-2-3 inning since Jun 19th

 

Since then:

17 app, 13.1 inn, 3 BS, 4 L, 2.52 WHIP, 10.3 ERA, 8.93 BB/9, .338 BAA, .449 OBP, .523 SLG, .972 OPS

 

That's almost Julio-esque...that is, back when Julio was "our guy."

Also: when is this training staff addressed?

 

 

FWIW Samson on LeBatard's show yesterday said the team was evaluating the training staff.

Also: when is this training staff addressed?

 

 

FWIW Samson on LeBatard's show yesterday said the team was evaluating the training staff.

Its about time some f***ing heads roll.

Also: when is this training staff addressed?

 

 

FWIW Samson on LeBatard's show yesterday said the team was evaluating the training staff.

Its about time some f***ing heads roll.

I'd prefer to start with Samson over anyone else.

Also: when is this training staff addressed?

 

 

FWIW Samson on LeBatard's show yesterday said the team was evaluating the training staff.

Its about time some f***ing heads roll.

I'd prefer to start with Samson over anyone else.

I rather start with Loria. Because with Loria goes his Son-in-Law president.

With the game on the line, Fredi turns to a guy who is hitting .213 against RHP. Like I said in the GDT, this is the worst I've seen him manage.

 

So who did you want him to turn to?

With the game on the line, Fredi turns to a guy who is hitting .213 against RHP. Like I said in the GDT, this is the worst I've seen him manage.

 

So who did you want him to turn to?

Why turn to anyone? Hermida is hitting .250 against RHP.

With the game on the line, Fredi turns to a guy who is hitting .213 against RHP. Like I said in the GDT, this is the worst I've seen him manage.

 

So who did you want him to turn to?

Why turn to anyone? Hermida is hitting .250 against RHP.

It was a double switch

With the game on the line, Fredi turns to a guy who is hitting .213 against RHP. Like I said in the GDT, this is the worst I've seen him manage.

 

So who did you want him to turn to?

Why turn to anyone? Hermida is hitting .250 against RHP.

It was a double switch

So why do you make that move? And why would you go to Ross? Hell, I'd rather have seen Linden then Ross against Julio.

 

And another thing: why the f*** do you pinch run for Wood with Borchard, forcing you to put Amezaga at first base? Terrible decision making.

yeah, amezaga at first was very unwise but his amazingness won.

 

armando should no longer have a defined role. he certainly shouldn't come in the game in the 7th or 8th with a lead. at this point, gardner is better than he. ben i tez maybe can come in in the 6th or otherwise with a deficit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.