RHP Matt Wise

2B Aaron Miles

Last Two:

RHP Josh Towers

C Miguel Olivo

Edited to keep them all on one list.

3B Dallas McPherson!!!

I am EXTREMELY surprised by this move.

Granted he's coming off back surgery so he may not be ready to contribute straight away in '08, but damn, he could be a potentially good pickup.

I just saw that one come through, that could be a big opportunity for the Fish.

Here's some more:

OF Jason Tyner

LHP Mark Hendrickson

SS Andy Gonzalez

LHP Heath Phillips

SS Adam Everett

3B Dallas McPherson!!!

Granted he's coming off back surgery so he may not be ready to contribute straight away in '08, but damn, he could be a potentially good pickup.

I would love to bring Dallas in on a minor league deal with a spring training invite. Kid used to have major pop. Low risk/high reward.

3B Dallas McPherson!!!

I would love to bring Dallas in on a minor league deal with a spring training invite. Kid used to have major pop. Low risk/high reward.

Dallas McPherson is the perfect signee and ST invite. I believe he can still have a MLB career

Isn't Dallas McPherson really bad defensively over at third? Especially coming off of back surgery?

I doubt he'd be any worse than Cabrera. I suppose that's subjective though, and I really wasn't fond of Miggy's defense.

Statistically, he's on par with Cabrera over the last two seasons. Better than Cabrera last year.

Isn't Dallas McPherson really bad defensively over at third? Especially coming off of back surgery?

I doubt he'd be any worse than Cabrera. I suppose that's subjective though, and I really wasn't fond of Miggy's defense.

Statistically, he's on par with Cabrera over the last two seasons. Better than Cabrera last year.

I feel the same way about Helms. Not much of an upgrade defensively than Cabs. Would rather have a better defensive player at that position since we'll never get that type of offense at third again.

I really hate this argument I keep hearing in regards to third baseman: "well, he can't be any worse than Cabrera" well yea...Cabrera can sometimes be lazy on routine ground balls but when you are one of the best hitters in all of baseball making relative pennies at the age of 24 you can get away with it.

When you are a mediocre journey man bench guy like Wes Helms not so much...or a prospect who has an injury history and won't hit over .250.

everett is intriguing to me. we need to get better defensively and he is thought of as the best or one of the best defensive ss. Hanley would then have to go to third or second. I also like moving uggla and upgrading defensively at second. The success of our two championships has been defense and pitching and they work hand in hand. last year we were bad at both. What if we deal uggla and acquire orlando huson for second (in seperate deals). move hanley to third. We would have significantly improved defensively up the middle with maybin, everett,hudson and the new catcher with treanor. This can be done by raising the payroll by roughly 8 million.