Cam Cameron officially out

BeefWillingham

Maybe I should make this a form letter :shifty ;)

Dear Cam Cameron,

Your time in Miami was brief, but not brief enough. Although I enjoyed watching how you can effectively kill a team all by yourself, I will enjoy watching you ruin the next team just as much. Please, don't forget to call the Hail Mary with the QB who's accuracy rivals that of a blind man with the game slipping away early in the 1st quarter. The next team probably hasn't been able to root for much, but here's to them rooting for you to be fired too.

With that, I leave you with a song...

Regretfully they tell us,

But firmly they compel us

To say goodby to you, Thank God!

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,

I love for you to go and leave this pretty site.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

So long, farewell, Au'voir, auf wiedersehen,

I'd like to stay and taste my Third champagne

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye,

I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye,

Good bye \

Loving Watching You Twist in the Wind,

Chris

YES THEY CANNED CAMERON!!!

Yeah, he killed the team all by himself. Without Cameron, this team wouldve been a playoff team

No he didn't and they wouldn't but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve to be fired.

Do you think he should have been retained?

No, I think somebody who blames him for killing the team by himself doesnt know much.

I suppose that poster believes the Dolphins prior to this year were a force to be reckoned with.

Maybe I should make this a form letter :shifty ;)

Dear Cam Cameron,

Your time in Miami was brief, but not brief enough. Although I enjoyed watching how you can effectively kill a team all by yourself, I will enjoy watching you ruin the next team just as much. Please, don't forget to call the Hail Mary with the QB who's accuracy rivals that of a blind man with the game slipping away early in the 1st quarter. The next team probably hasn't been able to root for much, but here's to them rooting for you to be fired too.

YES THEY CANNED CAMERON!!!

I didnt know Cameron actually played in the games and let teams run all over him.

Cameron is an offensive genious.... unfortunatly he needs someone to do his "grocery shopping".

He couldn't judge talent for sh*t, and Mueller valued his opinion as a Head Coach too much. Mueller should have had more say in the players on his roster.

He let players leave that were great decoys at worst. McMichael, Zgonia should not have been let go. Ginn should have been left for dead while a franchise QB is available in Quinn.

He coveted Jon Beck, his own QB, and the QB could not get a TD.

He even relegated OC duties to Mularky when things went south in an effort to dodge the bullet from Huizinga at the end of the season.

He couldn't coach, something I admired in Coach Satan. He took the time to correct technique- Cameron only wanted them to Fail Forward Fast, and assumed since they were Pros' they would correct themselves.

Chris

Cameron is an offensive Coord. thats it.

He's not a head coach.

I know it was only one season but the guy is just not a head coach.

I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes, but im glad he's gone.

They pissed me off when they didnt draft brady, and they had to choose that freakin KR/PR Ted Ginn and his family.

They pissed me off when they brought in beck (who im 50/50 on but really liked him in college) and then put him on the bench again.

Sigh.

All i can say is, if Parcells and crew cant take the dolphins back to what they were...i might just give up on this team, im inches away.

Lets do it. Let this be the move that moves Miami back on the Super Bowl trail.

"Romeo where art thou Romeo?"

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/cont...candidates.html

Dolphins coaching candidates

Click-2-Listen

Thursday, January 03, 2008

UPDATED: 12:33 a.m. January 04, 2008

Here are some potential replacements for Cam Cameron:

Dallas Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano

Connection to Bill Parcells: He coached the offensive line and tight ends when Parcells was Cowboys head coach (2003-06).

Comment: Sparano, 46, called plays for the Cowboys in 2006 and leads Parcells' list of candidates. He is responsible for development of Cowboys TE Jason Witten and one of the top offensive lines in the NFL.

Cleveland Browns coach Romeo Crennel

Connection to Parcells: He worked with Parcells at Texas Tech, the N.Y. Giants, New England Patriots and N.Y. Jets.

Comment: Crennel, 60, has two years left on his contract and is working on a three-year extension with the Browns, who finished 10-6. The Dolphins would have to compensate the Browns with a draft pick in order to hire him.

Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley

Connection to Parcells: He was Parcells' receivers coach with the Jets and Cowboys.

Comment: Haley, 40, has never been a head coach, but Parcells has hired him twice and is comfortable with him. Plus, Haley got into a public spat with Terrell Owens last year, which likely earned him bonus points with Parcells.

Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett

Connection to Parcells: None, but new Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland is familiar with Garrett's work this season.

Comment: A longtime NFL backup and fan favorite, Garrett, 41, has helped Cowboys QB Tony Romo take the next step and become an elite NFL player. Garrett, the Dolphins QB coach in 2005-06, has limited coaching experience, but the Princeton grad is considering a rising star destined to be a head coach soon.

Arizona Cardinals running backs coach Maurice Carthon

Connection to Parcells: He was Parcells' fullback with the New York Giants and his offensive coordinator for two seasons in Dallas.

Comment: Parcells has been grooming Carthon, 46, for a long time. But Carthon couldn't do the job as Cleveland's offensive coordinator and seems to be a long shot here. Interviewing him would satisfy the "Rooney Rule," which requires teams to bring in a minority candidate to discuss a head coaching opening.

Ex-Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan

Connection to Parcells: None.

Comment: Ryan, 45, is a son of one of the best defensive minds of Parcells' early coaching days, ex-Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan. Rex Ryan coached the Ravens' top-ranked defense in 2006. The Dolphins have contacted Ryan, but no interview has been scheduled.

Atlanta Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer

Connection to Parcells: He was Parcells' defensive coordinator in Dallas for all four seasons.

Comment: Zimmer, 51, ran Parcells' 3-4 defense for the 2005 and '06 seasons and could be a fall-back option. The Dallas defense ranked in the top 10 in seven of Zimmer's 13 years there.

Indianapolis Colts assistant head coach Jim Caldwell

Connection to Parcells: None.

Comment: Caldwell, 52, has been in the mix for head coaching jobs in the past. In charge of the Colts' quarterbacks the past six seasons, Caldwell has been key to the development of future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.