Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Treanor agrees to 1-year deal

Featured Replies

not big news, it's not like he wasn't coming back or he was going to get a absurd amount in arby

I'm thinking

 

Yuck, I hate that place only eaten there twice. As for Matt signing before arbitration I think they should have just signed Gregg first, I mean it's not like he would have exceeded 700K.

All the arby guys got their offers a while ago, they'll probably sign by the deadline, none of them are getting enough money to go to arbitration over even Gregg so I expect them all in the fold by the deadline.

 

Nice bump for Matt - $380 to $700k.

I'm seriously surprised we didn't take him to arbitration, because I think he could have gotten ~500k in arbitration, and this team has taken guys to arbi before over 200k.

 

Though I'm not complaining.

I'm seriously surprised we didn't take him to arbitration, because I think he could have gotten ~500k in arbitration, and this team has taken guys to arbi before over 200k.

 

Though I'm not complaining.

 

I think this organization has a soft spot for Matty T.

 

I know I do...

I'm seriously surprised we didn't take him to arbitration, because I think he could have gotten ~500k in arbitration, and this team has taken guys to arbi before over 200k.

 

Though I'm not complaining.

 

I think this organization has a soft spot for Matty T.

 

I know I do...

 

 

Well he is great with the fans.

I think this organization has a soft spot for Matty T.

I know I do...

As do I - he is the last Marlin to come through the Portland Sea Dogs when they were the Marlins' AA team (meaning I got to see him play back then). Strangely enough, the number of former managers outweighs the number of former players on the team - both Fredi Gonzalez and Carlos Tosca were former Sea Dogs managers.

You might be right but it's going to make for an interesting spring. Both guys have a lot to win or lose with their spring tryouts although it remains to be seen if Fredi thinks about matching catchers with pitchers early in the season as a way to give each guy significant playing time.

 

Rabelo has a slight advantage being a switch-hitter but it all depends on what he does with it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.