Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

De Aza placed on the 15-day dl

Featured Replies

here we go again!! im sure this injury is gonna linger the whole year as usual. Robert Andino was called up to take his spot.

 

Hermida and Rabelo better be back on April 5th when they are eligible.

 

id wouldve rather seen gomez stay up and keep alfredo in the infield.

here we go again!! im sure this injury is gonna linger the whole year as usual. Robert Andino was called up to take his spot.

 

Hermida and Rabelo better be back on April 5th when they are eligible.

 

id wouldve rather seen gomez stay up and keep alfredo in the infield.

 

It's looking unlikely that Rabelo will be back by April 5th. Hermida is a more realistic shot to be back by then, but even his status is uncertain.

 

I thought the whole reason we didn't want Andino with the ball club was we didn't want him rotting on the bench when he could play everyday down in the minors. With Amezega likely to split time with Ross in Centerfield, Andino becomes the main back-up infielder.

  • Author

i cant stand this damn idea that amezaga should be playing center.....keep gomez to split time until de aza is ready and keep alfredo in the infield.....but of course not.

 

oh and this is where jose castillo might come in handy instead of andino

Why wouldn't they bring up Carroll?

Carroll already made the team, Gomez was sent to minor league camp instead today.

 

Ah, I see.

 

Thanks Admin. :thumbup

Even though it will probably be for a very brief time, it's nice to see Andino on an opening day roster. For some reason I've been rooting hard for him lately.

This isn't exactly what I would like to have seen happen but actually it works out okay.

 

We already know Amezaga can play anywhere lf-cf-rf-3-ss-2nd

andino can play 3-ss-2

carroll can play lf-cf-rf

 

then you have gonzo, lf-rf, so you have a lot of backup options should someone go down, especially mid-game or whatever is the situation.

 

I prefer Gomez' experience, I always think you go with the guy with experience in these situations, they prefer whatever Carroll brings to the table. They know the players better than I do, the backstories and their playing abilities, so in the end I defer to their decision.

 

It isn't like Carroll embarrassed himself this spring.

I prefer Gomez' experience, I always think you go with the guy with experience in these situations, they prefer whatever Carroll brings to the table. They know the players better than I do, the backstories and their playing abilities, so in the end I defer to their decision.

 

It isn't like Carroll embarrassed himself this spring.

 

Carroll deserves a shot, his minor league numbers were actually at the level of very good prospects, his problem is that he doesn't really have the build or look of a star. We need to see if Carroll has anything to show before we end up with a logjam once Maybin is ready and De Aza is back. Trying to break all three of those in at the same time would be counter-productive.

I prefer Gomez' experience, I always think you go with the guy with experience in these situations, they prefer whatever Carroll brings to the table. They know the players better than I do, the backstories and their playing abilities, so in the end I defer to their decision.

 

It isn't like Carroll embarrassed himself this spring.

 

Carroll deserves a shot, his minor league numbers were actually at the level of very good prospects, his problem is that he doesn't really have the build or look of a star. We need to see if Carroll has anything to show before we end up with a logjam once Maybin is ready and De Aza is back. Trying to break all three of those in at the same time would be counter-productive.

 

I'd second that.

I thought Carroll was sent down a week or so ago?

 

He was sent down a week ago or so but was recalled after the Marlins placed Hermida on the DL following Saturday's game

 

I think they would have had to make a move to get Gomez on the 40 man, no?

 

 

that is correct, the reason gomez didn't stick around is because he wasn't on the 40-man roster

I'm taking bets if de Aza has a high ankle sprain which is what's been reported he's out six-eight weeks with rehab "IF" he doesn't require surgery. High ankle sprains the worst, it isn't like rolling your ankle or a lower sprain around the ball and cup, this is ligament damage at the least (again if it's what has been reported).

 

If it is, why not put him on the 60 day DL and not take up a roster spot? (Nny??) we saw what happened last year.

If it is, why not put him on the 60 day DL and not take up a roster spot? (Nny??) we saw what happened last year.

 

 

He can be moved to the 60 day DL and it's retroactive for when he was originally placed on the DL.

 

So, you don't want to do it until you need the roster spot. Because if he ends up being healthy in 4 weeks, we'd have to wait another month to be able to take him off the DL.

i heard on 790 ticket guy say he blame marlins fans for cause that because we did not show up big number for saturday game and doing play that he got hurt nyy fans were yelling at De Aza and other player that trying catch ball De Aza didnot hear other player to stop he going catch ball their hit each other De Aza got hit

If it is, why not put him on the 60 day DL and not take up a roster spot? (Nny??) we saw what happened last year.

 

 

He can be moved to the 60 day DL and it's retroactive for when he was originally placed on the DL.

 

So, you don't want to do it until you need the roster spot. Because if he ends up being healthy in 4 weeks, we'd have to wait another month to be able to take him off the DL.

 

Ever the optimist. :brigginbounce

i heard on 790 ticket guy say he blame marlins fans for cause that because we did not show up big number for saturday game and doing play that he got hurt nyy fans were yelling at De Aza and other player that trying catch ball De Aza didnot hear other player to stop he going catch ball their hit each other De Aza got hit

 

 

no offense, but ever since I came on these boards, I've never understood your writing, bro. :confused

i heard on 790 ticket guy say he blame marlins fans for cause that because we did not show up big number for saturday game and doing play that he got hurt nyy fans were yelling at De Aza and other player that trying catch ball De Aza didnot hear other player to stop he going catch ball their hit each other De Aza got hit

 

 

no offense, but ever since I came on these boards, I've never understood your writing, bro. :confused

nobody does...but there are few more insightful people on this board and even fewer bigger fans of the marlins...in my book...he's a great poster! :thumbup

i been going marlins game from first season to now i follow them win or loss i remember going a game i felt like i was only one their it was like ghost town the people that work their were looking for people buy food it was vs colo rockies last season on friday

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.