Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Badenhopper.

Featured Replies

Anyone who managed to watch tonight's game, how did he look out there?

 

He seemed very relaxed. (Of course he had a 6 run lead.) Great movement. I can't wait for his start.

apparently pretty nasty...and im pretty sure if you ever called him badenhopper to his face, that would be grounds for an imediate bitch slap! :lol ...but it was a good win tonight...lets go broom shopping tomorrow night! and make me do this :happydance

I was glad to see him get in, even if it was just a few pitches. I'm excited for his first start!

Im just worried about his movement in regards to his control. I wouldn't be shocked if he walks himself into a jam, and proceeds to GIDP his way out.

 

I don't recall control being a problem for him this spring.

I don't recall control being a problem for him this spring.

 

I didn't get a chance to watch him but over 14 innings he walked 7, but still it's only spring. And at one point he had 10 scoreless innings so I'd certainly take that. :)

He looked sharp in his one inning tonight. Picked up his first K and threw an absolutely nasty sinker to Guzman. Don't know if anyone saw it (I think it was the first pitch of his at-bat), but that thing dropped from Guzman's thighs to his ankles. I'm looking forward to his first start as I've been following him since he was in the Tigers system.

I feel pretty confident in saying that his next start will be much better than anything RVH would have given us. Very excited for the HOU series. Can't wait to see how Nolasco and Badenhop do. Also, it will be an important start for Miller.

 

I think it will be fair to assess how good this team can be after the Astros series. If Nolasco and Badenhop step up, I think things will be pretty ok.

 

By the way, it was nice to see some optimism in the Herald Wednesday:

 

 

Jeremy Hermida is back.

 

That sentence might be one of the more telling statements about the 2008 Marlins. Hermida missed the first week of the season because of a hamstring injury and will join the team Wednesday. He was missed, but when Hermida takes his place in right field and slides back into the third spot in the batting order, he will be joining a team that

is 4-3.

 

A 4-3 record with a starting rotation that has struggled.

 

The Marlins have won because the bullpen has been as good as advertised, because Hanley Ramirez (.440, two homers, five RBI) is one of the top players in the game and because this team is deeper and better than last year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.