Billy Wagner at it again!

Michael

3 actually

omg for realzz?

Mets must keep him as closer for rest of season.

yep. mets have lost 6 of their last 7, too.

Things are going well. :cool

The Mets are the best team in Baseball, they'll win the World Series this year! THAT'S WHY THEY'RE IN FIRST! /ignorant mets fan off

Yeah.

I love it. What I love even more is how blind the Mets fans are. I have never seen a group of fans rely on crappy slogans like Ya Gotta Believe and It's Foxhole Time. It's pure comedy coming out of Flushing. What a joke. Old players just dont get it done. Whats even funnier is they signed Luis to a 4 year deal this offseason when he has clearly lost it.

Did he blame his Latin teammates for these blown saves as well, when the media approached him?

No, he blamed himself, because he's always been one to take blame for his actions.

good for him...

It's great to see him blow games this early...maybe this year, he won't have to choke later on in the year, as he usually does.

Did he blame his Latin teammates for these blown saves as well, when the media approached him?

No, he blamed himself, because he's always been one to take blame for his actions.

good for him...

It's great to see him blow games this early...maybe this year, he won't have to choke later on in the year, as he usually does.

Would you like to back that up with some sort of proof? Or would you rather just continue spitting out baseless claims?

good for him...

Would you like to back that up with some sort of proof? Or would you rather just continue spitting out baseless claims?

Yeah, I'm not really seeing the non-Met-related Wagner hate, he's one of the true elite closers in the bigs... he's consistently great, and he's definitely better than anything we have to be honest... the only thing working against him is age but the dude hasn't really even started to show signs of regressing yet, statistically speaking

The only thing better would have being if one of the blown saves was in a Perez start because of how he threw Perez under the bus a few weeks ago.

according to Rabbe though...he probably didn't. :whistle

Really classy talking about a teammate publicly that way, huh?

Would've been nice to see Perez comeback today and say..."Billy can't be blowing saves for us, when we have a chance to win games, like that."

Sure, I will...

Wagner's postseason career:

10.1 IP

9.58 ERA

3/4 saves/save opps.

Erick... you're seriously gonna judge him on 10 innings pitched? Seriously?

A-Rod was 0-20 at one point last year, I guess the dude's a bum...

no, not a bum...but certain players do get worse in the postseason. A Rod's another one.

The only thing better would have being if one of the blown saves was in a Perez start because of how he threw Perez under the bus a few weeks ago.

according to Rabbe though...he probably didn't. :whistle

Really classy talking about a teammate publicly that way, huh?

Would've been nice to see Perez comeback today and say..."Billy can't be blowing saves for us, when we have a chance to win games, like that."

According to Rabb... and what really happened... Perez (and others) left before the media got there, and Wagner was being asked all the questions (Why'd the team lose? Why are you guys playing so poorly?) Wagner answered honestly, they were losing games he had nothing to do with, if you asked him now, he'd tell you that these past few losses were his fault... I can't imagine Wagner reacting like that if it hadn't become commonplace for those players to avoid the media

This is the main reason I don't like him...

http://www.knucklecurve.com/billy-wagner-v...z-aka-the-wall/

You can be as good as you want, but throwing teammates under the bus like this, is bushleague. I'm sure Perez knew what he did wrong. I'm sure Wagner wouldn't like it, if Perez came out and blamed him for today (and last night, since they had to play 3 more innings, b/c of Wagner).

Every player fails at some point...why point it out, when it's one of your TEAMmates? Also, if you want to point it out...why not tell him face to face? Instead of telling it to the media (real classy).

And all of this for a guy (Wagner) who has never won crap, and just gets regular season saves and talks crap (the BS about the Michigan team in Spring Training was funny, as well).