Google

Malman

Here you go ...

Google for Kerry?

According to USA Today, 98% of search engine's employees gave money to Democrats in '04.

February 14, 2005: 8:36 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Google Inc. employees took out their wallets and showed overwhelming support for the Democratic Party last year, according to a report Monday in USA Today.

A USA Today campaign finance analysis found that, of the company's overall political contributions, 98 percent went to Democrats, the biggest share among top tech donors.

The online search company's employees gave $207,650 to federal candidates during last year's election campaign, which includes the White House race between Democrat John Kerry and the winning incumbent Republican, President Bush. The contributions were up from just $250 in 2000 when Google was a start-up, according to the paper.

The paper said that 53 percent of the broader tech industry's $25.9 million went to Democrats, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign finance.

Political contributions by the industry may be in response to recent debates on Capitol Hill over Internet taxes, offshoring of jobs and other issues.

Google giving is still small compared with other tech donors, USA Today said. Microsoft employees gave $3.1 million last year -- and of that amount, 60 percent went to Democrats, according to the report.

Google (Research) shares have risen 87% since its IPO in August, bringing its market cap to over $51 billion.

On Monday, 176 million additional shares of Google stock, which have been locked up under the company's complex stock-release program, are scheduled to hit the market.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/14/technology...crats/index.htm

Just means they're pretty smart.

??

No coincidence America's most educated and smartest people tend to lean Democratic.

at least Republicans don't ask a cripple man to stand up

:thumbup

:blink:

What are you referring to?

In 2002, the GOP ran ads putting triple amputee Vietnam vet Senator Max Cleland (D-GA) next to Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

??

No coincidence America's most educated and smartest people tend to lean Democratic.

at least Republicans don't ask a cripple man to stand up

:thumbup

:blink:

What are you referring to?

In 2002, the GOP ran ads putting triple amputee Vietnam vet Senator Max Cleland (D-GA) next to Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

and in 2004 they lied about kerry's war service to make him look like something other than a war hero, when in fact it was bush and cheney that avoided the vietnam war and kerry was awarded numerous medals for his service in the war.

freshfish, if you must ask, what about all the lies the mccain campaign is throwing around? they have an ad saying obama supported comprehensive sexual education for kindergarteners, which is a total lie. in fact, he supported legislation that would teach children how to identify sexual predators. and what about the lipstick on a pig fiasco?

please.

??

Educated does not = smart and the latter claim is unprovable. Though educated doesn't really hold up unless you limit yourself to non-professional academic degrees. College educated is basically an even split.

freshfish, if you must ask, what about all the lies the mccain campaign is throwing around? they have an ad saying obama supported comprehensive sexual education for kindergarteners, which is a total lie. in fact, he supported legislation that would teach children how to identify sexual predators. and what about the lipstick on a pig fiasco?

please.

I think the McCain campaign could be making a serious mistake here and I hope they get away from these cheap tactics. I wasn't happy with all these attacks adds.

The lipstick fiasco was stupid, the McCain camp should have kept quiet about it and let the press talk about for a bit and then come out and say it wasn't a big deal.

with that said....Both campaigns have made mistakes, and will continue to make mistakes.

??

That wasn't a stereotypical comment. :rolleyes:

It might be, but there is statistical backing to it.

This was funny.

Also, to the original poster... do you think Google should commemorate August 6th and August 9th too?

please.

I think the McCain campaign could be making a serious mistake here and I hope they get away from these cheap tactics. I wasn't happy with all these attacks adds.

The lipstick fiasco was stupid, the McCain camp should have kept quiet about it and let the press talk about for a bit and then come out and say it wasn't a big deal.

with that said....Both campaigns have made mistakes, and will continue to make mistakes.

I am glad you recognize it. I am really angry what this campaign has turned into. We have many serious problems in this country and I don't think it does us any good to be engaging in those kinds of tactics.