9/18 Post Game

Fish Dynasty

im proud of this team for how they are finishing this season.

I/m actually pretty pissed at them...They waited too freakin long to get their act together!

I'm pretty sure they didn't plan it this way.

How can you not be proud of them for at least not giving up, when most non-contenders have?

im proud of this team for how they are finishing this season.

I/m actually pretty pissed at them...They waited too freakin long to get their act together!

I agree...it reminds me of A-Rod. Only doing well when it doesn't matter anymore. No pressure usually means a better performance. Notice how they really didn't turn it on until they were out of the race? There gonna have to sweep Philly to have any kind of a chance...and even thats slim. At least they should finish slightly above .500 though.

It's really funny how some of you are complaining b/c they are doing this with "no pressure."

Seriously...how many of you even expected 80 wins, in Spring Training? And out of those complaining...how many would be bitching had this team given up, and lost 8 in a row, instead?

Perhaps they would prefer the Marlins do it the way the Mets do (having to pace up and down every single night not knowing if the bullpen is going to cost you a ballgame) :p

It's really funny how some of you are complaining b/c they are doing this with "no pressure."

Seriously...how many of you even expected 80 wins, in Spring Training? And out of those complaining...how many would be bitching had this team given up, and lost 8 in a row, instead?

Eric i feel this team got cheated from a great chance by poor managing. You know how i feel about it. Fredi was doin great when the team was scoring 8-10 runs a game when they weren't he had no idea what to do i dont feel he made the proper lineup changes moved players up and down he pretty much sat around to let the team play out of it. Good managers don't do that, they earn their money Fredi sat on his hands. The only thing he kept on doin was putting Amezaga in CF batting him first in the lineup. I wish he would get off Amezaga's jock already. I hadn't said this but i feel Hermida was not handled properly either. I know he slumped badly but Fredi didn't take the pressure off him til he finally had to sit him down. I felt Hermida should have at least been platooned not together all forgotten. I felt he even screwed with Hanley Ramirez as well. Another thing Fredi's team do not run the bases. Ramirez had about 20 less steals. Forget about fundamental baseball, defense and good baserunning Fredi has not been able to make these a priority on his team. This team has won a lot of games but the level of talent that we have in the Marlins leaves you saying that did not overachieve but actually underperformed. I can't wait for 2009 maybe Fredi will have matured as a manager

Maybin is sick nasty! That was a fun game to watch... worth getting soaked out there! Now if only I would have caught Maybin's warm-up ball in the ninth... d'oh. Yes, I'm the jackass that dropped the ball back onto the field. Haha! Wet everything and an unexpected throw from way out there didn't help...

Anyway - it's gonna be a fun final week of the season... Let's keep it rolling!

Eric i feel this team got cheated from a great chance by poor managing. You know how i feel about it. Fredi was doin great when the team was scoring 8-10 runs a game when they weren't he had no idea what to do i dont feel he made the proper lineup changes moved players up and down he pretty much sat around to let the team play out of it. Good managers don't do that, they earn their money Fredi sat on his hands. The only thing he kept on doin was putting Amezaga in CF batting him first in the lineup. I wish he would get off Amezaga's jock already. I hadn't said this but i feel Hermida was not handled properly either. I know he slumped badly but Fredi didn't take the pressure off him til he finally had to sit him down. I felt Hermida should have at least been platooned not together all forgotten. I felt he even screwed with Hanley Ramirez as well. Another thing Fredi's team do not run the bases. Ramirez had about 20 less steals. Forget about fundamental baseball, defense and good baserunning Fredi has not been able to make these a priority on his team. This team has won a lot of games but the level of talent that we have in the Marlins leaves you saying that did not overachieve but actually underperformed. I can't wait for 2009 maybe Fredi will have matured as a manager

I disagree, really.

1. Amezaga has just a total of 79 AB's batting 1st. That came early on in the year...as they tried to move Hanley to the 3rd spot in the order, and Cody Ross was struggling.

2. The only reason why Amezaga is playing consistently now...is b/c the team is winning consistently with Amezaga in the lineup, producing.

3. We were warned about Hanley Ramirez' stolen bases being cut down. It was to prevent him from getting injured so young, when his bat is much more valuable. Hanley has also been caught stealing about a dozen times to add to his 33 SB's. That's a total of 45 tries...not as if Fredi hasn't tried, at all. Hanley is on pace to score more runs this year than last year...which leads to the question of...is the SB really THAT valuable? Hanley's bat and health are much more important.

4. If Hermida was handled wrong...he was handled wrong by Jim Presley. Fredi did what he had to do. PLAY the 24 year old to see if he progressed...Hermida is, after all, considered to be part of the team's future, and there were no better options (unless if you put Amezaga in the OF everyday...which you're also against).

5. I don't know what the team defense has to do with Fredi Gonzalez. That's what infield coaches are for (Andy Fox). Regardless, you can't even blame anyone there. The Marlins WERE EXPECTED to be bad, defensively...and the team has done nothing but improve in the 2nd half, in that area. They have cut down on the errors as the year has progressed (specifically Cantu).

At the end of the day, Fredi Gonzalez & his team have exceeded expectations. They have done so, despite not having 60% of this 2nd half rotation (that has done so well) in the 1st half.