Who do you want out?

louiecastillo1

Hermida.

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

Hermida.

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

Hermida.

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

Liability.

Hermida.

Definitely. But he's gonna cost too much so he's gone anyway.

Hermida.

Definitely. But he's gonna cost too much so he's gone anyway.

Yeah i agree, i wonder which team would pick him up, and if he would be closing again, can you imagine Kevin Gregg 2009 Mets closer, LMAO

Hermida.

Just look at what he's done since he stopped closing. Or remember that this is what we picked him up for in the first place. Or remember how he got the job in 07.

This question needs to be structured more in depth than, oh I just don't like the guy so he goes. It needs to be plan oriented.

Trade - Olsen, Gregg, Willingham, Jacobs

DFA/Decline Arbitration - J. Miller, Treanor, Mitre (only if not healthy)

Free Agents - Gonzalez, LoDuca, Rhodes, Hendrickson

Decline Option - Helms

They can field a team between $30-35 million if they are able to acquire a young right handed catcher and a young corner outfielder that are CC, with trading those four guys above, Rule V draft, striking gold, etc.

C - Baker, RH Catcher that hits lefties

1B - G. Sanchez/McPherson/Cantu

2B - Uggla/Amezaga/Andino

SS - Hanley/Amezaga/Andino

3B - Cantu/McPherson/Amezaga

LF - Cody/Young Corner OF

CF - Maybin/Cody/Amezaga

RF - Hermida/Young Corner OF

SP - Nolasco, Johnson, Volstad, Anibal, Miller

RP - Lindstrom, Nelson, Pinto, and pick 4 of Kensing, Waechter, Mitre, Owens, Gardner, Tankeresly, Tucker

All back up team

C - Rabelo

IF - Coghlan

OF - Raynor/Carroll

SP - Thompson, Vanden Hurk

RP - listed above

Now of course, if Loria allows $35-40 bring back Gonzo, try and keep Rhodes or bring in another veteran RP, upgrade your 2nd bench IF spot from Andino, get a more established bench catcher, etc, but I'd rather lowball the payroll at this time and assume we can't afford bench and pen luxuries.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gregg go, but is Lindstrom ready to be closer? I am not quite sure. Our bullpen will be strong without Hendrickson, maybe Miller even. And I think Hammer will go because he's the oldest one and is too injury prone. That way our OF will be Hermida/Maybin/Ross. Jacobs I'm a bit iffy about because he has such great power numbers, but if he only walked more than raised his average to 270. And Olsen is not staying. Next year the rotation will be JJ/Nolasco/Miller/Volstad/Annibal.

Hermida.

Most definetly. It's what a couple of us have been saying since he first took the closers role last year. But that won't be here. He's projected to make $4 mil in arbitration. That's too much for a middle reliever in our system. Even for one that can be called on to close in emergency situations. However, he seems to be a nice fit for the Mets.