Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do you want out?

Featured Replies

Hermida.

 

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

 

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

Hermida.

 

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

 

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

 

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

Hermida.

 

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

 

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

 

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

 

Liability.

  • Author

Hermida.

 

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

 

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

 

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

 

Definitely. But he's gonna cost too much so he's gone anyway.

Hermida.

 

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

 

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

 

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

 

Definitely. But he's gonna cost too much so he's gone anyway.

 

Yeah i agree, i wonder which team would pick him up, and if he would be closing again, can you imagine Kevin Gregg 2009 Mets closer, LMAO

Hermida.

 

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

 

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

 

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

Just look at what he's done since he stopped closing. Or remember that this is what we picked him up for in the first place. Or remember how he got the job in 07.

I don't see a place for a guy like Hendrickson in the 2009 Marlins, i would love to see Gonzo return for another year, he worked wonders with our youngsters. Wes has a big option for this year right?

Most likely to depart:

 

Hendrickson

Jacobs

Willingham

Olsen

Gonzalez

 

Iffy:

Uggla

Sanchez

Helms

Hermida

 

Good chance to stay:

Ross

Cantu

Nolasco

Johnson

Amezaga

  • Author

Oh, and I'd really like to see the Marlins bring Rhodes back, but I doubt that is going to happen.

 

Ditto. Rhodes was awesome.

Oh, and I'd really like to see the Marlins bring Rhodes back, but I doubt that is going to happen.

 

Ditto. Rhodes was awesome.

 

 

yup g2 agree...i wouldn't mind seeing pudge here as well. and how much is payroll going up? i know with some good aquisitions we can win division and possibly WS

This question needs to be structured more in depth than, oh I just don't like the guy so he goes. It needs to be plan oriented.

 

Trade - Olsen, Gregg, Willingham, Jacobs

DFA/Decline Arbitration - J. Miller, Treanor, Mitre (only if not healthy)

Free Agents - Gonzalez, LoDuca, Rhodes, Hendrickson

Decline Option - Helms

 

They can field a team between $30-35 million if they are able to acquire a young right handed catcher and a young corner outfielder that are CC, with trading those four guys above, Rule V draft, striking gold, etc.

 

C - Baker, RH Catcher that hits lefties

1B - G. Sanchez/McPherson/Cantu

2B - Uggla/Amezaga/Andino

SS - Hanley/Amezaga/Andino

3B - Cantu/McPherson/Amezaga

LF - Cody/Young Corner OF

CF - Maybin/Cody/Amezaga

RF - Hermida/Young Corner OF

SP - Nolasco, Johnson, Volstad, Anibal, Miller

RP - Lindstrom, Nelson, Pinto, and pick 4 of Kensing, Waechter, Mitre, Owens, Gardner, Tankeresly, Tucker

 

All back up team

C - Rabelo

IF - Coghlan

OF - Raynor/Carroll

SP - Thompson, Vanden Hurk

RP - listed above

 

Now of course, if Loria allows $35-40 bring back Gonzo, try and keep Rhodes or bring in another veteran RP, upgrade your 2nd bench IF spot from Andino, get a more established bench catcher, etc, but I'd rather lowball the payroll at this time and assume we can't afford bench and pen luxuries.

If Hermida isnt back that will make me sick.

Absolutely. I wonder if Arizona fans are this insane over Chris Young, or Atlanta with Jeff Francouer, or Milwaukee with Corey Hart, or even the Nats with Zimmerman.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gregg go, but is Lindstrom ready to be closer? I am not quite sure. Our bullpen will be strong without Hendrickson, maybe Miller even. And I think Hammer will go because he's the oldest one and is too injury prone. That way our OF will be Hermida/Maybin/Ross. Jacobs I'm a bit iffy about because he has such great power numbers, but if he only walked more than raised his average to 270. And Olsen is not staying. Next year the rotation will be JJ/Nolasco/Miller/Volstad/Annibal.

I think Hermida gets one more shot.

 

 

I'd like to move Jacobs, Gregg, Olsen....Uggla I'd move depending on what we could get for him in a trade. Hammer I like, but I feel he's breaking down and should probably be moved.

Hermida.

 

With everyone else, I think I will still be sad to see them go. Jacobs especially, now coming off his best season. But I'll be ok when/if he goes, along with Gregg & Hammer.

 

Yes, I will even be sad to see Gregg go. Even with all the games he blew (with the help of some bad defense), the guy was/is a hard worker who made the mistake of trying to play hurt when it wasn't working.

 

Does anybody else think that Gregg is more of an asset if he goes back to being a middle reliever?

 

Most definetly. It's what a couple of us have been saying since he first took the closers role last year. But that won't be here. He's projected to make $4 mil in arbitration. That's too much for a middle reliever in our system. Even for one that can be called on to close in emergency situations. However, he seems to be a nice fit for the Mets.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.