Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quick Question...

Featured Replies

I gotta say Cog-lin. I've never heard Coff-lin, personally.

Funny, I've never heard his name said, but my guess would've been Coff-lin.

I always thought gh together made an "f" kind of sound?

 

Like Tough, Rough

 

So i thought it was Coff-lin

gh make an "f" sound only when preceded by a "u", such as in your examples, "tough" and "rough".

 

"ghost" isn't "fost", right?

 

Spoken like a true English teacher... haha

gh make an "f" sound only when preceded by a "u", such as in your examples, "tough" and "rough".

 

"ghost" isn't "fost", right?

 

The thing is, that is that a lot of people (including myself at times) spell it Coughlan, incorrectly of course... and that gives the Coff-lin thing...

 

but yeah, I've always heard it as Cog-lin

How about we just refer to him as our very own C.C.

 

 

thats what i call him CC

 

but its prononced Cog-Lan

 

Coghlan

 

Im sure with my weird and wonderful West of Scotland accent I can find another way of pronouncing it.

I thought it was "Coff-lin" but Rich, Tommy, and Jack Mckeon have pronounced it "Cog-lin."

 

If Jack Mckeon says it that way then it has to be wrong and therefore the proper way to say it would be smith or jones or some other name that sounds nothing like the spelling because we all know Jack is the foremost authority on names lmao

I thought it was "Coff-lin" but Rich, Tommy, and Jack Mckeon have pronounced it "Cog-lin."

 

If Jack Mckeon says it that way then it has to be wrong and therefore the proper way to say it would be smith or jones or some other name that sounds nothing like the spelling

 

Steve would agree with you.

When i go to a ST this year and they announce him which i think they do at least sometines at the orioles place i ll listen. Those guys usually ask them before hand how they pronounce it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.