Design of Stadium

Javier,

We are in the process of building site we speak. Everything is moving along and we will present our documents to County and City Commissioners in the next few months for final approval.

((The design of stadium will probably be released in early November.))

All the best!

Claude Delorme

Sr. VP of Stadium Development

Florida Marlins, L.P.

I think it's been pretty obvious for a while that breaking ground in Nov. and getting it built by 2011 has become unrealistic.

So where do we play when Wayne kicks us out of Proactiv Stadium?

i predict they will break ground in january of 09...they might end up signing an extention with huzienga for one more season at dolphin stadium...

but the nationals stadium was built in like 2 years, so who knows, lets just wait and see...

I think it's been pretty obvious for a while that breaking ground in Nov. and getting it built by 2011 has become unrealistic.

So where do we play when Wayne kicks us out of Proactiv Stadium?

If they have broken ground and the stadium is being built, I'm confident that Wayne would be willing to put up with taking all of our parking, suite, and concession revenue for an extra season.

As a Nationals season ticket holder, I can tell you that Nationals Park broke ground in May 2006 and was opened by late March 2008. And you don't have to worry about the winter preventing construction (although rain or, even worse, a hurricane could slow things down). As long as you break ground by early 2009, you should be ready for opening day 2011. With the economy the way it is, I would be more worried about obtaining the money. Good luck.

I don't think that the stadium will be completely built in two years unfortunately, because we have to deal with the construction of the retractable roof and that would make it impossible to have the stadium fully constructed by 2011. The best that we can hope for is to either open the stadium almost completed like Busch Stadium in 2006, or to move to the stadium in mid-2011 like the Mariners in 1999. Since the stadium's constuction is delayed by only two months, the stadium can probably be opened if it's mostly completed.

Do you guys think there is any way that the stadium could be done for the second half of the 2011 season? Maybe Huizenga will let us use it from March- July and after that we can get out so we won't interrupt the football seasons.. Would MLB even allow that?

The Mariners did that in '01. They played the first half in the King Dome and the 2nd half at their new ballpark, Safeco Field. So, yes. MLB would allow that.

Either way, the stadium needs to be built. Two football teams are playing there now, and it doesn't seem feasible for the Marlins to be able to play well on a field that scarred. I just want its being built to be set in stone. We're always hearing "rumors" of the team getting a field only not to have it done. It would be very...disappointing to have this deal fall through as well.

Do you guys think there is any way that the stadium could be done for the second half of the 2011 season? Maybe Huizenga will let us use it from March- July and after that we can get out so we won't interrupt the football seasons.. Would MLB even allow that?

The Mariners did that in '01. They played the first half in the King Dome and the 2nd half at their new ballpark, Safeco Field. So, yes. MLB would allow that.

awesome! so we're gonna get 116(?) wins!

As a Nationals season ticket holder, I can tell you that Nationals Park broke ground in May 2006 and was opened by late March 2008. And you don't have to worry about the winter preventing construction (although rain or, even worse, a hurricane could slow things down). As long as you break ground by early 2009, you should be ready for opening day 2011. With the economy the way it is, I would be more worried about obtaining the money. Good luck.

true, but the difference between the nats ballpark and ours is that the nats dont have a retractable roof. that adds time to construction.

and yes, we can play a half a season in dolphin stadium then switch. its happened a bunch of times before: seattle did it most recently. the heat even did it, they moved from mia arena to aaa after the first of the year.