Manny Ramirez is a winner

LordMagnus

Everywhere this guy goes, he wins. I can't believe people didn't want him on the Marlins. You bought into the negative spin machine of ESPN trying to save face for the Red Sox. All the negatives about him are exaggerated to the extreme. Look at how good the Dodgers offense became after getting him, and how bad they were before. There is NO QUESTION what kind of an impact a player like that has.

Not very hard to win in the NL West.

Marlins = 84-77

Dodgers = 84-78

There's no such thing as a "winner" and a "loser" either. You're either "good" or "bad." You either play on a "good team" or play on a "bad team." In Manny Ramirez' case...he's good.

If a "winner" was what you wanted...we could've just brought Jose Vizcaino out of retirement...or Luis Sojo. :rolleyes:

Would Manny have automatically given us 6 more wins, by himself?

If the answer is no...then the Marlins clearly made the right move.

If the answer is yes...hopefully, the prospects step up for the organization's future.

That's basically the answer to this.

Manny would've left after the year.

I still think that we made the right move. There was no guarantee that we would have done that well in the playoffs, anyway.

I'm on your side, especially since the Dodgers didn't make the playoffs because they stepped up, they made the playoffs because the other teams win the west sucked.

But just for the sake of Erick's argument, was Manny a winner for the first 10 seasons of his career? He definitely put up the best numbers of his career at that point, but he was also part of a Cleveland team that lost in the ALDS twice, in the ALCS once, and in the WS twice. He was also part of the '03 Red Sox which famously gave up winning to Aaron Boone.

Manny was never considered a "winner" until the 11th year of his career where he won.

Manny is the anti-hero and far from a winner, more like a weiner!

True he's played on winning teams but seldom is he the reason why. He was in Boston for 3-4 seasons and they didn't do much with him they add Papi and then they got better. He does work hard, but his behavior doesn't warrant the headache. I can imagine how much of a distraction he would have been if the offense had tanked like it did in August.

But just for the sake of Erick's argument, was Manny a winner for the first 10 seasons of his career? He definitely put up the best numbers of his career at that point, but he was also part of a Cleveland team that lost in the ALDS twice, in the ALCS once, and in the WS twice. He was also part of the '03 Red Sox which famously gave up winning to Aaron Boone.

Manny was never considered a "winner" until the 11th year of his career where he won.

I think it depends on how you define "winner". Is it someone who wins, or someone who has a winning mentality, who steps up when (insert cliche here).

Would have loved to have him. Could have helped our young hitter plus getting who ever hit in front of him tons of FB to hit.

I half agree with that. Manny is not a mentor. He won't help young hitters with anything besides letting them hit infront of him.

I think him and hanley are friends he would have helped him at least, in terms of mentoring him.

I heard hes been teachin the dodger hitters some things. But even seeing him everyday and how he handles an AB could have helped our guys.