Jacobs Traded to Royals

Bret Hart

What about Rhodes being that guy to replace Tank? Will he really be too expensive?

If they can get him on a 1 year deal for $2-3 million sure, but I would suspect he'll want a 2 year contract and it'll be more expensive. We have a lot of arms and don't need to make any commitment to a RP. We can also slum another Miller/Gardner/Waecther/Nelson from obscurity. The pen should work itself out.

I guess I'm one of the few who LOVES this trade!

Miss Jake? Have you seen our depth at corner infield? Jake = not needed. Jake = platoon DH (no DH's in the NL, sorry).

A YOUNG solid reliever with upside (who's proven himself) for a platoon DH with no upside = good trade for the Marlins.

It will help the Royals as well though simply b/c they lack power in their lineup.

As a MARLINS fan, I'm very happy with this deal.

Cantu didn't have that good of a season. Should be an open competition

.278 AVG, 29 HR, 95 RBI for a guy who had done nothing for 3 years and was signed to a cheap contract - I think thats a pretty good season.

Good enough, in my opinion to guarantee a spot at either 1B or 3B depending on whether Dallas or Gaby gets the nod.

Just because everyone had low expectations for him, doesn't mean he had a good season.

He was average

huh?

I think most fans like this deal. I know Royals fans don't.

Well, I hear plenty of "I'll miss Jake," and "I think we could've gotten more than Leo Nunez" posts, as well, which I simply don't understand.

huh?

I think most fans like this deal. I know Royals fans don't.

Well, I hear plenty of "I'll miss Jake," and "I think we could've gotten more than Leo Nunez" posts, as well, which I simply don't understand.

Don't worry I think your special.

I still think we could've gotten more than 1 reliever for Jake, but overall this is an average trade. Most won't see it, but we will miss Jacobs power on this team, but his situational hitting (or lack there of) will not be missed. You had a great run with this team,

oh, and BTW: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!

I still think we could've gotten more than 1 reliever for Jake, but overall this is an average trade. Most won't see it, but we will miss Jacobs power on this team

It won't. McPherson's going to be the same type of hitter, except he'll get on base some more...and when Gaby Sanchez plays 1B, the defense easily improves.

We got a young reliever, who has closer potential, and is easily the favorite to setup, at this point.

I still think we could've gotten more than 1 reliever for Jake, but overall this is an average trade. Most won't see it, but we will miss Jacobs power on this team

It won't. McPherson's going to be the same type of hitter, except he'll get on base some more...and when Gaby Sanchez plays 1B, the defense easily improves.

We got a young reliever, who has closer potential, and is easily the favorite to setup, at this point.

We're going to be relying on a guy who hasn't had a full season in the majors because of injuries? That is very risky, and we are judging what kind of season he is going to have based off of potential and stats in the minors. Also, I know it is a small time to base his time in the majors on, but when he took his few at bats, he seemed to take a lot of called strike 3 fastballs down the middle

We're going to be relying on a guy who hasn't had a full season in the majors because of injuries? That is very risky, and we are judging what kind of season he is going to have based off of potential and stats in the minors. Also, I know it is a small time to base his time in the majors on, but when he took his few at bats, he seemed to take a lot of called strike 3 fastballs down the middle

McPherson got limited AB's here, in his time in September.

Bottom line is, he does K a lot, and will be a streaky hitter b/c of it. Then again...Mike Jacobs was no different.

Bottom line is, he does K a lot, and will be a streaky hitter b/c of it. Then again...Mike Jacobs was no different.

Just stating that Mike Jacobs has shown that he has a ton of power in a non hitter friendly park and is an MLB player. If McPherson lives up to his past, he will get injured again, and we will have to rely on Helms to start a lot this season or we would have to move Cantu to 3rd where he is worse defensively and would have to stick Sanchez in the starting role

Just stating that Mike Jacobs has shown that he has a ton of power in a non hitter friendly park and is an MLB player. If McPherson lives up to his past, he will get injured again, and we will have to rely on Helms to start a lot this season or we would have to move Cantu to 3rd where he is worse defensively and would have to stick Sanchez in the starting role

Well, that's a chance they're taking.

Also take into consideration that the offseason just started. Beinfest has said he wants to improve the defense, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign another depth player for the bench who can provide that, at a cheap price.

Have never heard of this kid before but i have faith in Beinfest and crew.

Hopefully Nunez can be productive here.

Cant say i'll miss Jacobs too much. I was really high on him when he came in. But after last season, ya, im not too sad to see him go. But it does take a big lefty out of the lineup...

I've been reading some posters posting on other sites (most notably, ESPN)...everyone has us getting the better end of this deal.

I think the best way to sum it up is. The Royals extracted a little more value than us in players 1-1. Jacobs should be worth more than a reliever. He is pretty OK even with his deficiencies, but when you add in the money, the Royals having a few other 1B/DH options, and the Marlins needing a MLB ready reliever, that heavily heavily tips the scales to the Marlins favor. I think Royals fans are more livid of creating an immense logjam at 1B/DH more than losing Nunez.