Teal Seats/ Teal in the uniforms (contact city officials)

MarchingBandMan

Since the tax payers of Miami, and city of Miami officials own most of the ballpark we should be deciding the color of the seats, and have imput on the colors of the uniforms. If you really want the seats to be Teal, then contact your city of Miami government and let them know. If anyone knows how to contact these individuals please feel free to respond.

First of all the City of Miami's contribution to the stadium is minuscule, the County (and tourists) have the heavy bucks in this project so I guess we could go out to MIA and ask everyone as they arrive what color the seats ought to be. :brigginbounce

When I first moved here thirty years ago the County Commission spent several lengthy sessions coming up with a dress code for cab drivers which of course was enforced for about two hours before cabbies went back to wearing whatever the hell they wanted. You know what they say, "A camel is a horse designed by a committee...".

I respect the passion behind the idea but this is about the last thing you'd want to do if playing baseball at the Orange Bowl site in April 2012 is the goal.

This thread is ridiculous

Get over the Teal being gone already! Sure its our color and we'll miss it... But its going to be apart of the clubs history... This allows this club to start tradition. Be happy theres a baseball only stadium, color is really not that big of a deal!

In the grand scheme of things, who gives a sh*t about seat color?

Who could not? It's tremendously important. Clearly the color of the seats and, for that matter, the uniforms is at least as crucial and integral to winning as is, say, the brand of toilet paper they decide to use in the stadium restrooms or whether they sell Pepsi or Coke at the concessions stands.

Guest Guest

People seemed to be getting really pissed off about the color changes. It seems like there is a new thread every week or so about uniform related changes.

I'm sure the front office is aware of the overwhelming preference for keeping the teal (after all, the throwback jerseys supposed sold very well a couple of years ago), and I'm surprised they just don't keep the teal. It doesn't have to be anything like garish like the 1993 uniforms, but rather something that doesn't completely abandon it. I have a feeling that mostly any other ownership group in baseball would have kept roughly the same colors under these circumstances.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.