Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 MLB Draft Discussion

Featured Replies

(257) - Alan Oaks - RHP just picked by the Marlins.

 

I can't believe the Nationals were able to take A.J. Cole with the 116th pick of the draft. That could turn out to be quite a steal. As if we needed the Nationals to get another potential stud...

(287) - Austin Brice - RHP

 

First pitcher the Marlins take out of high school in this year's draft.

Rasmussen sounds good.

 

I wonder why they passed on Zack Cox but still took a 3B in the 3rd round....

 

 

I heard it was due to some signability issuses, to be honest.

(287) - Austin Brice - RHP

 

First pitcher the Marlins take out of high school in this year's draft.

 

 

He held a baseball clinic as a senior project. Sounds like a stand-up kid.

  • Author

Both James and Miller have close to mid 5 ERA's in limited action. Only difference so far is Miller K's more and walks less. However, the big difference was Miller signed a $3 million bonus, James signed for close to $1.5 million I believe. I'll take close to equal production (and a GB pitcher for that matter) at half the price.

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

 

 

Like an ESPN article read last week. "The NL East is going to be the best Division in baseball for many years to come.:"

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

 

 

 

Really?

Yeah Norris is quite the drop in comparison to Stanton.

 

He's more their Morrison/Dominguez. Still a very very good prospect

  • Author

I see that they drafted Taiwan Easterling again

 

 

And again, Easterling has said that he is definitely going back to FSU to help Christian Ponder and the FSU football team.

 

Marlins just don't seem to understand no with this kid :p

It seems that Florida State receiver Taiwan Easterling, who has spent the past several months on the Seminoles’ baseball team, will indeed be returning to the football team. Easterling on Tuesday wrote through his Twitter account that he turned down potential offers from Major League Baseball teams interested in drafting him.That was before the Florida Marlins drafted Easterling today in the 31st round (947th pick overall).

 

That said, Easterling wrote that he turned down offers from teams interested in drafting him in the fourth round and in the 15th round. That’s good news, obviously, for a Seminoles’ offense that should be among the best in the nation next season. Easterling’s presence would give quarterback Christian Ponder one more receiving target.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2010/06/florida-state-wr-taiwan-easterling-turns-down-mlb-offers-according-to-his-twitter-feed.html

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

 

 

 

Really?

I guess I worded that badly. I didn't mean that he was as good a prospect as Stanton, just that he's their big power 'spect.

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

 

 

I read that some scouts are concerned Harper will continue to grow and may become too big and end up being something like Adam Dunn. Talk about a let down if that happens. I'm interested too see how Harper will handle adversity. Who knows though maybe he'll never have to deal with it till he reaches the bigs.

 

Strasburg has me worried though. I'm not that worried about his delivery and the idea of him being anything like his first start or something close to it most of the time is scary. He was throwing 98-99 with movement.

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

 

 

I read that some scouts are concerned Harper will continue to grow and may become too big and end up being something like Adam Dunn. Talk about a let down if that happens. I'm interested too see how Harper will handle adversity. Who knows though maybe he'll never have to deal with it till he reaches the bigs.

 

Yeah, any time a player has 5 consecutive 40 homer seasons, over 300 homers in ten seasons, and a career .383 OBP, you know a team has to be disappointed in their draft pick.

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

 

 

I read that some scouts are concerned Harper will continue to grow and may become too big and end up being something like Adam Dunn. Talk about a let down if that happens. I'm interested too see how Harper will handle adversity. Who knows though maybe he'll never have to deal with it till he reaches the bigs.

 

Yeah, any time a player has 5 consecutive 40 homer seasons, over 300 homers in ten seasons, and a career .383 OBP, you know a team has to be disappointed in their draft pick.

 

Considering the hype around Harper I believe it would be a let down for most fans.

How scary is the idea of a Strasburg/Harper team, especially after last night? I know there are a lot of concerns about Strasburg's delivery (some have even said he won't last two years if he keeps it like it is) but if you take the potential of that and then throw in Derek Norris who is their version of Stanton, the future is pretty bright in Washington.

 

 

I read that some scouts are concerned Harper will continue to grow and may become too big and end up being something like Adam Dunn. Talk about a let down if that happens. I'm interested too see how Harper will handle adversity. Who knows though maybe he'll never have to deal with it till he reaches the bigs.

 

Yeah, any time a player has 5 consecutive 40 homer seasons, over 300 homers in ten seasons, and a career .383 OBP, you know a team has to be disappointed in their draft pick.

 

Considering the hype around Harper I believe it would be a let down for most fans.

Maybe but that's because most fans are silly. Adam Dunn by virtue of that is the most underrated player in all of baseball.

Now that Harper is becoming an OF, I'm not quite as scared. Sure, he looks like he'll be a phenomenal hitter, but his value as a catcher could have been off-the-charts stupid good if he had stuck at that position.

Now that Harper is becoming an OF, I'm not quite as scared. Sure, he looks like he'll be a phenomenal hitter, but his value as a catcher could have been off-the-charts stupid good if he had stuck at that position.

 

I agree. But if he even comes close to the hype, no matter where he plays he will be feared.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.