2010 NFL Thread

Fish Dynasty

Revis holding out...looks as if he won't play the opener....interesting

Considering the Jets are predicted to be a contender, you'd think he'd willing to play despite not being paid top dollar.

Woody Johnson thinks he may not play the whole season.

This would be a huge blow to our hopes :confused

Cromartie on Marshall? Muhahahaha.

I'm loving every minute of this.

We just may find out. Our starting corners are still better even with Revis out. Kyle Wilson is a stud.

No, he isn't. He COULD be a stud, but he's a question mark at this point. I'd love it if he had to stick Marshall.

The first contract reports in the Revis hold out are out.

The Jets offered Revis a 10 year 120 million deal and/or a 4 year 40 million deal. Revis wants 10 years at 160.

In reality those numbers dont mean anything. What matters is guaranteed money and signing bonus. It will take at least $40 guaranteed to get him signed.

However, I think once the season gets closer Revis is going to bite. It is too big of a risk to not get paid this season and then possibly not get paid next season. He'd be better off getting $40 million now than wait two years and see what happens. Plus since he missed the Aug 10th reporting date, I believe it will be four years until he becomes a free agent.

The Jets offered Revis a 10 year 120 million deal and/or a 4 year 40 million deal. Revis wants 10 years at 160.

In reality those numbers dont mean anything. What matters is guaranteed money and signing bonus. It will take at least $40 guaranteed to get him signed.

However, I think once the season gets closer Revis is going to bite. It is too big of a risk to not get paid this season and then possibly not get paid next season. He'd be better off getting $40 million now than wait two years and see what happens. Plus since he missed the Aug 10th reporting date, I believe it will be four years until he becomes a free agent.

10/160? F that. What an arrogant proposal to even make.

Sounds like a great deal for the best corner in the game. The Jets promised they'd take care of him, and as Mark Schlereth said on NFL Live...if it was the other way around and Revis sucked, he'd get cut. There's no such thing as loyalty, and careers in the NFL are shorter than most. It's not arrogant on his part; it's smart.

Sounds like a great deal for the best corner in the game. The Jets promised they'd take care of him, and as Mark Schlereth said on NFL Live...if it was the other way around and Revis sucked, he'd get cut. There's no such thing as loyalty, and careers in the NFL are shorter than most. It's not arrogant on his part; it's smart.

No NFL Cb is worth 16 million a year, though.

The Jets are to blame for that. When your head coach is constantly saying you're the best in the game, the player should have a right to feel like he's worth the most in the game, at the position. Especially considering the crap he's being paid now.

The Jets will give him what he wants once they realize what they're missing.

The Jets are to blame for that. When your head coach is constantly saying you're the best in the game, the player should have a right to feel like he's worth the most in the game, at the position. Especially considering the crap he's being paid now.

Which is why I'm enjoying this so much. The Jets made this monster. This is too perfect!

Which is why I'm enjoying this so much. The Jets made this monster. This is too perfect!

I do think he is the best defensive player in the game.

I see both sides. If Revis wasn't doing well, he would get released. He out played his contract and should get rewarded (just like Andre Johnson). The flip side is that he has THREE years left on a deal. He isnt a restricted free agent or at the end of the deal. He is right in the middle of a deal.

Both sides say they will work things out. He's not foolish enough to sit out the season and the Jets aren't foolish enough to let him. He'll get paid (not the crazy amount that he wants right now) but way more than what he was scheduled to earn over the next three years. He was supposed to make $21 over the next three years. If he ends up with $45 million over the next three years, then it was certainly worth it to hold out.

We'll see what happens but I'm sure HBO is loving all the Revis talk. Ratings will be through the roof if they film his return to camp.

Prove to me that the Jets "promised they'd take care of him".

They gave him a well-above slot contract after the draft. And it's a contract he has THREE YEARS left on.

And the Aso deal is retarded, as are most Raiders deals.

I'm glad the Jets didn't buckle, and he already loses a year of accrued service time.

Read all of Rex Ryan's quotes; he said Kellen Clemens is a good QB :rolleyes:. He hypes up his team and all of his guys. I doubt that plays a significant role in the negotiations. Everybody knows he's the best in the game anyway.

He has 3 years and $21 million left on his contract. The Jets are basically offering him a 7 year/$99 million extension, ~$14 million per year. It's really just all about the guaranteed money right now, I think.