Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 College Football Thread

Featured Replies

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-gruden-and-miami-close-on-deal-3-million-per-year/

 

 

 

 

 

Saw that before, but its nothing more than a report going off of what Lewis said. Lewis was a well respected reporter for ESPN, and I wouldnt think he would just tweet the info out of his butt. There is probably some truth to it. There are other rumblings going around about how it could be announced in the next few hours. We will just have to wait and see.

Because it's barely been mentioned:

 

FIU won the Sun Belt! First time bowl-eligible! Today was a great day for the Florida schools that are lower on the totem pole (FIU, UCF, USF, even FSU to an extent).

 

 

Man, it feels good to be a Panther! :)

Because it's barely been mentioned:

 

FIU won the Sun Belt! First time bowl-eligible! Today was a great day for the Florida schools that are lower on the totem pole (FIU, UCF, USF, even FSU to an extent).

 

 

Man, it feels good to be a Panther! :)

 

Yeah, as a Golden Panther husband, I am super-excited for FIU, and congrats to Mario Cristobal!

UCF looking to head for a Bowl next week.

 

Now, I'm new to all of this college football mumbo jumbo.

 

Why is my team better than yours again?

 

 

 

 

I thought it was a clever joke :shifty

Holy crap I would love to be wrong & have Gruden as the next coach - that would be too nice ..... an absolutely perfect fit there .... no way I in the world would I of thought they could get close on money & control

 

maybe the smoke was strong enough that it gave shalala enough confidence to make the quick move on shannon feeling confident they could move forward quickly with a strong move?!

Gruden would make a HUGE splash if they landed him. I hope it is true.

 

Then we can look forward to hearing "Let me tell you about this guy" all the time.

If Auburn loses to South Carolina (and drops to #5) they might not even make it to the BCS game.

 

I think the Orange Bowl would pick a 1 loss Ohio State over Auburn because they travel better.

@Manny_Navarro: Hearing Jon Gruden has agreed to $3.4 mil deal to become #UM's next coach. Trying hard to confirm it officially.

 

 

 

 

 

wow, now that's the kind of splash I've wanted them to make.

 

wonder if they'll bring it up with Gruden during the Monday Night Football game tomorrow evening... :mis2

@Manny_Navarro: Hearing Jon Gruden has agreed to $3.4 mil deal to become #UM's next coach. Trying hard to confirm it officially.

 

 

 

 

wow, now that's the kind of splash I've wanted them to make.

 

wonder if they'll bring it up with Gruden during the Monday Night Football game tomorrow evening... :mis2

 

Why wait?

 

Adam_Schefter ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculation he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."

 

SI_PeterKing Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period.

TAMPA, Fla. - A close friend of Jon Gruden said Sunday night that Gruden has not accepted the job at the University of Miami and "doesn't believe it would be the right fit."

 

The source said he expects Gruden to remain at ESPN or eventually take an NFL head coaching job.

 

 

 

"These reports are ridiculous," FanHouse's source said Sunday night.

 

Following FanHouse's report, Gruden issued a statement later Sunday night through ESPN. "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN. I enjoy working with Mike (Tirico), Jaws (Ron Jaworski) and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."

 

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/11/28/fanhouse-source-jon-gruden-to-miami-reports-are-ridiculous/

 

Keep dreamin' Canes fans.

Lets see what happens in the next few days. $3.4 million a year is a lot to turn down. However, he could probably get that from an NFL team.

 

 

If its not Gruden, then who?

Lets see what happens in the next few days. $3.4 million a year is a lot to turn down. However, he could probably get that from an NFL team.

 

 

If its not Gruden, then who?

 

 

Apparently he makes upwards of $5 million doing what he does already, so why take a pay cut?

UCF back in the rankings...

 

hoping to finish off with a real rank tomorrow. And a C-USA title on Saturday!

 

 

Hopefully if tickets aren't too expensive, I might go to that game

Lets see what happens in the next few days. $3.4 million a year is a lot to turn down. However, he could probably get that from an NFL team.

 

 

If its not Gruden, then who?

 

 

Apparently he makes upwards of $5 million doing what he does already, so why take a pay cut?

 

I find that hard to believe. How is ESPN going to pay a tv announcer $5 million a year?

It looks like TCU is joining the Big East in all sports. Announcement coming at 1pm.

 

Boise State is the big loser here. They moved to the Mountain West in what seemed like a good move at the time. That division was supposed to have Boise State, TCU, Utah, BYU, etc... and would probably have gotten an automatic bid. Now all of the "good teams" left and boise state is left in the same situation it was before.

Lets see what happens in the next few days. $3.4 million a year is a lot to turn down. However, he could probably get that from an NFL team.

 

 

If its not Gruden, then who?

 

 

Dan Mullen would be high on my list actually. He's doing a nice job at Miss State and now people are wondering if it was actually Urban Meyer or Mullen who was the more valuable coach.

 

I know Mark Richt is on the "list" also, but at this point I don't think Georgia to UM is really much of a step up, I doubt he's going anywhere. Patterson, TCU's coach, has been mentioned before.

probably on the short list too, he wanted the job back in '06 when Shannon was hired. Think I read that he showed up to the interview in shorts.

 

'course a lot of people think he's complete scum now.

 

 

 

 

No one would ask for a break from practice, that's for sure.

Leach would be an eccentric, albeit potentially interesting choice .... i wonder how much added value would come to his system with more talent at his disposal

 

I'd be happy with Mullen all told though

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.