2011 Slogan Discussion

Puma

I'm pretty sure last year we had a thread to discuss the slogan nominations, since Admin likes to keep things condensed and to-the-point in the other thread, so I figured I would create one for this year. I kind of like "The Teal Finale" from Dr. Beinfest so far. Anyone else want to share their opinions?

edit: I noticed I made a typo in the title, it should say "slogan" not "solgan". If a mod could please fix that I would appreciate it.

Is there something I'm missing with Stanton Island? Is it referencing a TV show, or movie, or song, that I don't know about? Not saying it's a bad slogan, but I don't understand what it means.

I assumed it was a reference to Staten Island but maybe that's just the NY'er in me.

Is there something I'm missing with Stanton Island? Is it referencing a TV show, or movie, or song, that I don't know about? Not saying it's a bad slogan, but I don't understand what it means.

I assumed it was a reference to Staten Island but maybe that's just the NY'er in me.

Hmm, yeah, maybe you're right. I should have thought of that.

You are most definitely right.

I may be in trouble if the youngsters aren't even aware of that! lol

I caught on to the Staten Island....

it's not a bad slogan I just feel as though a slogan should be all-encompassing as opposed to being about 1 player (Stanton) or 1 section (pitching, bullpen) of the team.

Unless it's completely warrented (if we were the Phillies, it would make complete sense to have something pitching oriented around Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, etc.)