MLB Network - MLB's 20 Greatest Games

Fish4Life

MLB Network is running a show of the GREATEST 20 Games in MLB history. Although there is some stiff competition, the Marlins are well represented. There are 3 games for us to choose from so let's get the word out and start voting for the FISH!

Oct 26. 1997 - Indians at Marlins "Renteria wins it for the Fish"

Oct 4. 2003 - Giants at Marlins "Pudge tags out Snow"

Oct 14. 2003 - Marlins at Cubs "Bartman goes for foul ball, Marlins explode!"

http://mlb.mlb.com/network/greatest_games/index.jsp

Countdown will begin Jan 3, 2011.

:gofish

Bartman:

I still remember going into the bathroom to take a leek; it seemed the Cubs were going to the word series from just looking at the crowd on TV... then while I was peeing, i thought these exact thoughts "they have know idea what's about to happen" trying to tell myself it was not over... sure enough, something big happened about 2 plays later... crazy

Where Becketts game 6 performance against the Yankees?

Without Marlins bias, you believe that game was better than the 3 represented? GW WS hit, BARTMAN, and Pudge getting ran over, clutching on to the ball advancing to the NLCS??? No doubt it was awesome, but top 20? No way.

This.

Although I dont think these are the greatest games, sounds more like greatest games/moments combined.

Lets be honest, the Bartman game wasnt a good game. Until the Bartman thing happened. But it was a game for the ages after that happened.

Without Marlins bias, you believe that game was better than the 3 represented? GW WS hit, BARTMAN, and Pudge getting ran over, clutching on to the ball advancing to the NLCS??? No doubt it was awesome, but top 20? No way.

I expected ti to be on there due to circumstances, Game 6, clinching WS, against the Yankees, 3 days rest, Current Red Sox member, memorable final out.

I think that two of those games weren't "great" games, but that 1997 World Series Game 7 is one I've watched a ton of times. That's a fantastic game. Especially from innings 7-11, it seemed like the game was on the line for both teams every single half-inning.

That, in my opinion, is one of the top 20 games of all time.

I expected ti to be on there due to circumstances, Game 6, clinching WS, against the Yankees, 3 days rest, Current Red Sox member, memorable final out.

And it was the last WS game played in "the house that Ruth built". Although I do agree that it isn't better than the three represented excluding Marlins bias.

I would rank that 2nd on my list. But normal MLB fans wouldn't. And I'm not so sure the Pudge play would break my top 5.

1st would be Renteria's hit in extra innings of Game 7. Even tho I was there, it was one of those moments you didn't have to be there, or be a Fish fan to remember. That was a great Series all together. Even if Costass was bashing us throughout the whole thing for even being in it. It's when my Costass bias was officially born.

I would rank that 2nd on my list. But normal MLB fans wouldn't. And I'm not so sure the Pudge play would break my top 5.

1st would be Renteria's hit in extra innings of Game 7. Even tho I was there, it was one of those moments you didn't have to be there, or be a Fish fan to remember. That was a great Series all together. Even if Costass was bashing us throughout the whole thing for even being in it. It's when my Costass bias was officially born.

Costas' call of the final out: "OFF NAGY'S GLOVE, INTO CENTERFIELD!, and the Florida Marlins have won the World Series":rolleyes: He'd make a great MLB commissioner though. Although his first order of business would be to eliminate the wild card.:p

I'm partial to game 6 in '03 too. The Bartman game wasn't a game for the ages. It was over when Mordecai doubled into left center and cleared the bases. What was that? 3 batters later? Game 7 of that series was more exciting.

I think that two of those games weren't "great" games, but that 1997 World Series Game 7 is one I've watched a ton of times. That's a fantastic game. Especially from innings 7-11, it seemed like the game was on the line for both teams every single half-inning.

That, in my opinion, is one of the top 20 games of all time.

LOL They had to replace my seat after that game. I wore out the edge of it. It was basically just a stub when it was over. Rumor is Huizenga wanted to bill me for it.

Costas' call of the final out: "OFF NAGY'S GLOVE, INTO CENTERFIELD!, and the Florida Marlins have won the World Series":rolleyes: He'd make a great MLB commissioner though. Although his first order of business would be to eliminate the wild card.:p

I'm partial to game 6 in '03 too. The Bartman game wasn't a game for the ages. It was over when Mordecai doubled into left center and cleared the bases. What was that? 3 batters later? Game 7 of that series was more exciting.

Bet he's going nutso right now with them talking about adding another WC. But most likely he is waiting to see what public opinion is before he states his.

I'm a Syracuse fan, but him and Minervini make me question that.

Okay. No more Costas slamming for now. I already feel like I need to shower.

• 4 weeks later...