2011 MLB Draft...who you want?

Admin

Thats how I would go rounds 1 thru 10 if I were the Fish.

1. Mikie Mahtook, OF, LSU

2. Noe Ramirez, RHP, Cal State Fullerton

3. Anthony Meo, RHP, Coastal Carolina

4. Matt Purke, LHP, TCU

5. Harold Martinez, IF, Miami

6. Jackie Bradley, OF, South Carolina

7. James Allen, RHP, Kansas State

8. Josh Conway, RHP, Coastal Carolina

9. Evan Marshall, RHP, Kansas State

10. Josh Smith, LHP, Wichita State

Thats how I would go rounds 1 thru 10 if I were the Fish.

1. Mikie Mahtook, OF, LSU

2. Noe Ramirez, RHP, Cal State Fullerton

3. Anthony Meo, RHP, Coastal Carolina

4. Matt Purke, LHP, TCU

5. Harold Martinez, IF, Miami

6. Jackie Bradley, OF, South Carolina

7. James Allen, RHP, Kansas State

8. Josh Conway, RHP, Coastal Carolina

9. Evan Marshall, RHP, Kansas State

10. Josh Smith, LHP, Wichita State

Sickels:

Clocked as high as 98 MPH, also has a strong curveball. Some scouts wonder about his delivery and there's been talk that he's a reliever at higher levels, though one who could advance very quickly. He has one of the best arms in the draft, won't get past the supplemental round, and could go earlier than currently expected.

from other sites....

Fernandez features a hard fastball which sits in the 91-94mph range that occasionally touches 96 or so, an above-average curveball and improving changeup. As he gets more comfortable in the Minors and (hopefully) improves, he'll likely add in a slider or cutter of some sort.

Sickels:

Clocked as high as 98 MPH, also has a strong curveball. Some scouts wonder about his delivery and there's been talk that he's a reliever at higher levels, though one who could advance very quickly. He has one of the best arms in the draft, won't get past the supplemental round, and could go earlier than currently expected.

from other sites....

Fernandez features a hard fastball which sits in the 91-94mph range that occasionally touches 96 or so, an above-average curveball and improving changeup. As he gets more comfortable in the Minors and (hopefully) improves, he'll likely add in a slider or cutter of some sort.

My brother has seen this guy pitch more than once, and he told me he's seen him touch 98 before. That's all I know about him. Since it's the draft and the whole thing is a crapshoot, I'll just say "lets hope he develops into something!"

People who criticize have probably never seen these guys, anyway. Especially the high schoolers.

My brother has seen this guy pitch more than once, and he told me he's seen him touch 98 before. That's all I know about him. Since it's the draft and the whole thing is a crapshoot, I'll just say "lets hope he develops into something!"

People who criticize have probably never seen these guys, anyway. Especially the high schoolers.