Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 MLB Draft...who you want?

Featured Replies

I don't care. Nobody should really make long term assumptions during the MLB draft.

 

I'm just in meh mode as I always am.

I don't care. Nobody should really make long term assumptions during the MLB draft.

 

I'm just in meh mode as I always am.

Every one should be meh towards the MLB draft. We don't really know what to expect until they play in the minors.

Every one should be meh towards the MLB draft. We don't really know what to expect until they play in the minors.

I'm always meh about it, too.

A guy who can touch 98 mph with an already good slider is meh with plenty of upside, at least. Hopefully he develops well.

I'm always meh about it, too.

A guy who can touch 98 mph with an already good slider is meh with plenty of upside, at least. Hopefully he develops well.

He's going to be Livan Hernandez and the first year he's up, we'll win a World Series. He'll go on to say 'I love you, Miami,' get really fat, and then become a suspect in a drug trafficking scandal.

He's going to be Livan Hernandez and the first year he's up, we'll win a World Series. He'll go on to say 'I love you, Miami,' get really fat, and then become a suspect in a drug trafficking scandal.

This is from Scouting Baseball.Com

 

 

They say it like I see it...

http://sbb.scout.com/2/1077649.html

 

 

 

Jose Fernandez, RHP, Alonso H.S. (Fla.) | Picked By: Florida Marlins

 

There’s no denying Jose Fernandez’ power arm and it’s one of the better ones in the high school class. He works at 93-95 mph and is physically mature. But, for a 14th overall pick in a deep draft class, he’s quite crude. His secondary pitches remain inconsistent and his fastball command is far from refined at this point. You can’t knock taking upside, but it was somewhat surprising that Florida went this route over one of the safer college bats

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I felt that he has a huge fastball but I am not sure he will be a MLB starter he seems more suited for relief pitcher down the road. He is a Florida kid who is a hit in the Cuban community and 2012 is next season

He will be easy to sign, should have Home discount tag and although we have had bad luck with Cuban players except for Livan and Alex Fernandez . It is possibly a good move for a team that is is setting their homebase in Lil Havana for years to come. I felt there were much better pitchers available and we need top shelf LHPs big time in our farm system. but hey... Norris is still available but the Marlins would have to dig up some major scratch for him

This is from Scouting Baseball.Com

 

 

They say it like I see it...

http://sbb.scout.com/2/1077649.html

 

 

 

Jose Fernandez, RHP, Alonso H.S. (Fla.) | Picked By: Florida Marlins

 

There’s no denying Jose Fernandez’ power arm and it’s one of the better ones in the high school class. He works at 93-95 mph and is physically mature. But, for a 14th overall pick in a deep draft class, he’s quite crude. His secondary pitches remain inconsistent and his fastball command is far from refined at this point. You can’t knock taking upside, but it was somewhat surprising that Florida went this route over one of the safer college bats

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I felt that he has a huge fastball but I am not sure he will be a MLB starter he seems more suited for relief pitcher down the road. He is a Florida kid who is a hit in the Cuban community and 2012 is next season

He will be easy to sign, should have Home discount tag and although we have had bad luck with Cuban players except for Livan and Alex Fernandez . It is possibly a good move for a team that is is setting their homebase in Lil Havana for years to come. I felt there were much better pitchers available and we need top shelf LHPs big time in our farm system. but hey... Norris is still available but the Marlins would have to dig up some major scratch for him

High School SS Conner Barron

 

 

Covered him in high school this year. Not sure he'll stay at short (solid defensively, but not sure he has major league ability there), and only played the position as a senior. He was a 2B before that, which is where most people seem to project him long term. Good swing and can hit for power. Not fastest guy in the world, but decent running ability and smart baserunner. Well coached on a high school team that just won its fourth straight state championship, threatened the national record at one point with 67 straight victories, and posted an undefeated season that landed them ranked No. 1 in the nation. He was their 3-hitter this year, hit .490, slugged over .900 with eight homers, 11 doubles and four triples.

 

Exciting to see a kid I know go to my favorite team.

 

He's a very good kid, so there's no question about his character. But he did sign with Southern Miss, and was not sure whether he was going to still head to college or not. He was drafted about where he thought he might be (no slipping to dissuade him from signing), but he seemed very much 50/50 and was patiently waiting things out. As soon as I know something, I'll post.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.