4/22 Post Game

gizmo

A question for all you experts.

JJ, who has had arm surgery, goes for a no hitter into the eighth against Atlanta. Freeman doubles with one out in the eighth and Edwin immediately pulls JJ after 109 pitches.

Anibal, who has had should surgery, goes for a no hitter into the ninth against Atlanta. Fowler doubles on Anibal's 117 pitch and Edwin leaves him in to finish the game.

Why the difference in the handling extended pitch counts for the two pitchers?

Perhaps it had something to do with Vazquez pitching tomorrow night. In other words, it's nice to have a fresh bullpen, knowing that Mr. Extended Batting Practice is throwing tomorrow night.

I'm hoping they got his mechanics worked out and he does a fine job. Then we will get to hear something along the lines of "But he won't/can't keep this up."

Just got home. Amazing game to be at. Tough to lose it like he did on the little soft cheap ass hit. I wasn't expecting him to make it past the 6th with the way they were hitting him, though. They stung a lot of balls in the middle innings.

Great night for him obviously. Also a great night for Coghlan with two hits, a HR, and the great diving catch.

Wasn't that Cousins?

Yes it was

Stupid Braves & Phillies are winning tonight and the damn Mets won too. Washington was washed out I think. Still even with a Phillies win we're in great shape.

Im watching the Phillies Padres game right now...The Padres offense is pathetic...team batting .217 coming in

Now really. What did you expect? They had one bat last year and they lost that one. One or two more bats and that season ends very differently.

With Johnson pitching Sunday, the series is already won. The only question is whether they can sweep by winning tomorrow :thumbup

JJ has a very tough match-up Sunday. I don't count that as a gimme. Should be a very good game, if you like pitching.

Yes it will be, and should have been a Sunday night game on ESPN, but of course its the Marlins, so that will never happen. No respect at all for JJ. It will be All Star time sooner than you think, and JJ will be the clear cut frontrunner but ESPN will campaign for anyone but him to be the starter, you can bet on that.

Stupid Braves & Phillies are winning tonight and the damn Mets won too. Washington was washed out I think. Still even with a Phillies win we're in great shape.

Im watching the Phillies Padres game right now...The Padres offense is pathetic...team batting .217 coming in

Now really. What did you expect? They had one bat last year and they lost that one. One or two more bats and that season ends very differently.

Easy killer, I was just repeating the stat that the Phillies announcers posted on air

AWESOME performance. I said it last game.. after that 1st inning against the phils, he was throwing that fastball with confidence and was a completely different pitcher. And then when the hammer is going where he wants it, he is a frickin monster. What a performance. STUPID DUCKSNORTS! Helluva job... I was watching on MLB.tv and had a buddy of mine watching who is a complete White Sox homer. He came away impressed

Now come on Javy and Volshart... join the club