Josh Johnson placed on DL

I would've been more excited for Koehler, to be honest.

Ya, I would have liked to see someone with a little more upside. My only guess is Koehler really struggled his last time out. Only gave up 3 earned but walked 5 and only lasted two innings.

Buente has more upside than Koehler.

Ya, I would have liked to see someone with a little more upside. My only guess is Koehler really struggled his last time out. Only gave up 3 earned but walked 5 and only lasted two innings.

He's 27. I don't see too much more up.

I'm not throwing parties for either guy, but Koehler is supposed to be a 4/5 starter if he pans out, but Buente was just converted back to being a starter and has shown some nastiness (stats-wise, anyway)

I'm not throwing parties for either guy, but Koehler is supposed to be a 4/5 starter if he pans out, but Buente was just converted back to being a starter and has shown some nastiness (stats-wise, anyway)

Buente does seam to have a little more dominating stuff, just a little old, we'll see. Hopefully one of the two pan out.

could he be back to play the brewers on june 3rd?

Edwin said they are hoping for June 1 vs Arizona right now.

Oh, nice. because the june 2 is an off day. Maybe he will try to give him an extra day to rest after he pitches.

I was thinking an extra day to recover using the off day on june 2.

could he be back to play the brewers on june 3rd?

Edwin said they are hoping for June 1 vs Arizona right now.

JJ is so sweet deciding to pitch on bakerluv and my birthday!

But in all seriousness, I hope Buente steps up because I really want to sweep the Rays and would love to have some insurance in case Vazquez continues to falter later on. Have they said exactly what aggravated his shoulder or is the rain delay just speculation?

This is certainly horrible news for Marlins. And for me in the long run, I want to see an all Florida World Series this year. I like it for Sunday. Still here's hoping he's back soon :)

Not that he's going to be JJ or anything close by any means at all but Beunte had a 1.94 ERA in 42 innings in AAA and we also just got one of our best relievers, who can go multiple innings back. That and Shields has a career 5.77 ERA vs us. Keep liking it, though.