6/4 Post Game

gizmo

I know its still early in the season and im not stressing, but we need to nip some of this stuff before it gets out of hand. Our division is to close to get to far behind. Once again, not going crazy, just need to get back to scoring runs and having some decent pitching. Preferably on the same night, each night.

we are blowing a golden opportunity.

This is the only thing thats reallllly irritating me. Every team has its slumps but if we just had a better week, we could hypothetically be in first place right now. Seems like a big time missed chance. Then again, thats an example of the division and our scoring opportunities as of late.

This is the only thing thats reallllly irritating me. Every team has its slumps but if we just had a better week, we could hypothetically be in first place right now. Seems like a big time missed chance. Then again, thats an example of the division and our scoring opportunities as of late.

True.

But on the flip side, the Phillies could be pulling away right now.

True.

But on the flip side, the Phillies could be pulling away right now.

It doesn't count when other teams struggle.

The Marlins aren't supposed to struggle; they're supposed to win every night.

For the most part, I like Chris Volstad over the last month or so.

Last 8 starts he's had 2 terrible ones, 1 that wasn't very good, and the rest have been more than acceptable for a #5 starter.

HRs are still an issue, but he's had a lot of bad luck with H. I think he's gonna be OK for a mid-4 ish ERA going forward.

Im not expecting the marlins to play .500 baseball between now and the asb. missing jj and hanley really hurts. Plus the schedule is rough

No reason we can't play .500 baseball without Hanley and JJ, I think we have almost played better without Hanley at times even though that wouldn't be true when he was normally hitting.

injuries happen it's part of baseball and everyone in our division plays the same teams we play at one time or another, when we have the Pirates the Phillies will have the Brewers.

this is f***ing pathetic. weve lost 6 of 8 and 4 of those losses by 1 run.

3 of the 4 had a lead past the 6th.

I kinda expect people attack your posts, because sometimes it seems were not allowed to have negative emotions on this forum board.

I will say it is frustrating runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and no runs scored, can't keep leaving men on base. i will say Nyjer Morgan was the entertainment for the night as most of the fans in the fish tank heckled him loudly (including myself) many times he gave his "thug" look he was grabbing his balls the entire game and then in the 8th he started spinning his glove in the outfield, the guy is a monkey. I don't know what he did after he hit the home run, but the guy is adhd to the max, entertaining none the less.

Nice that the Braves and Phillies keep losing, like I have said it's going to make the division games all the more important, since no one really has taken a strangle hold on this division.

I think he's the definition of meh. I thought he was rather fortunate tonight. Not really that impressed, unless if you're comparing him to other #4's or something.

I think he's the definition of meh. I thought he was rather fortunate tonight. Not really that impressed, unless if you're comparing him to other #4's or something.

Which would be the ideal thing to do, considering he's our #4 or #5 pitcher.

No, I was saying I like him compared to Roy Halladay.

He's going to be a fine #4.

Which would be the ideal thing to do, considering he's our #4 or #5 pitcher.

Volstad pitched well until his last inning, thats all you can ask for, no real argument, unless you are watching a different game.

I don't really get excited for #4's, arguably #5's. I hope he improves as he's only 24, but I don't see much upside in him. I thought he was rather fortunate tonight. Just 4 K's in 7 innings...more flyballs than groundballs, and once again a couple of the flyballs leave the ballpark (showing that he has no skill to keep it in the park). Results-wise, he kept us in the game, but he's just whatever.

I don't really get excited for #4's, arguably #5's.

But watch out if a future 5th arm in the bullpen comes around!

I never said I was throwing him a parade. He's shown signs of improving over the last 8 starts or so and should be an OK pitcher moving forward.

I don't really get excited for #4's, arguably #5's. I hope he improves as he's only 24, but I don't see much upside in him. I thought he was rather fortunate tonight. Just 4 K's in 7 innings...more flyballs than groundballs, and once again a couple of the flyballs leave the ballpark (showing that he has no skill to keep it in the park). Results-wise, he kept us in the game, but he's just whatever.

Well, he was facing Milwaukee. That is a very good offense.

He doesn't have much upside, but like bob said we're fine with him as our number 4. As long as Vasquez keeps pitching well and we get JJ, we will compete.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.