Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prince Fielder to Tigers

Featured Replies

I think the Tigers were rather dumb to do this.

 

 

That's putting it lightly. They were obviously overcompensating for the Martinez injury. Nine years for this guy is flat nuts.

Anyone get a chance to see Karl Ravech's interview with Prince Fielder on ESPN? Talk about awkward...The guy definitely seems like a d-bag.

Cabrera is going to put up huge numbers next year with Fielder behind him.

 

 

Cabrera is going to put up huge numbers next year because he's Cabrera.

 

Well he always puts up great numbers but has he ever had a player of Princes' caliber behind him? I think he is going to put up ridiculous numbers.

 

I understood what you meant; I just think some people tend to vastly overrate the effect of "protection" on a single hitter.

 

It's kind of hard to improve drastically on a 1.033 OPS, but we'll see. He is a beast, and I miss the days when he was my favorite player.

I think the concept of protection is overstated. It doesn't hurt guys to go to better lineups or have better players around them, but at the same time I think some players tail off a little bit because they are more content to aim for singles or walks and set things up for the next guy, rather than aiming to make that mistake pitch a homer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.