November 22, 201114 yr The more I read this forum, the more thankful I am that we are not in charge of player personnel
November 23, 201114 yr I want to trade Hanley too. Gotta get some pitching. If the Marlins sign Reyes, I'd move Hanley for Gonzales and some other young pitching. you right i think hanley good days are over him and his robo shoulder can go if we get reyes that will be a good move
November 23, 201114 yr Yep it's pretty much obvious the Cornfield and Marlin Burger are trollin' hard.
November 23, 201114 yr Now apparently the A's never even asked for LoMo. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
November 23, 201114 yr I'm almost in tears. There needs to be an award for most accidentally funny. I know man, that's the best part about it. Teeheehee keep 'em coming!!
November 23, 201114 yr Author Quote: Brendan_Tobin Brendan Tobin From @Buster_ESPN: A's did not ask for Logan Morrison for Gio Gonzalez. Trade talks haven't really started for the LHP twitter
November 26, 201114 yr i hope Bonifacio doesn't get traded out west =( Gaby can go though, despite being a Miami product the great Gaby Sanchez is not going to bring fans to the park. Unlike Bonifacio, who puts the asses in the seats. Right. Because "he can't hit, can't play defense, and has no arm." Your exact words to me. But you aren't a Boni hater and have no man crush on Gaby. Again, your exact words to me.
November 26, 201114 yr since you copied one of my posts in that argument i'd like to add that i think it's clear that Gaby has the better bat of the two but I think it can be argued that Bonifacio is the more exciting of the two players. I still doubt whether he's from Miami or not, nobody (or at least a small enough number to be insignificant) would come out specifically to see Gaby Sanchez play. He's very good especially for his salary but a .260avg and 20 hr's does not really translate to "bringing people to the park" unless it's an aging vet going for a special milestone. Having said that, I don't think Bonifacio really brings extra people to the park either (aside from my fiancee who is a big fan) but he's more fun to watch in games than Gaby is.
November 26, 201114 yr The Marlins have pursued trades and free agents aggressively so far this offseason. Most recently, Gio Gonzalez has emerged as a possible trade target for the team. Here are the details on the Marlins’ offseason, via Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald: The A’s have demanded a package containing Logan Morrison or Mike Stanton for Gonzalez and the Marlins “flatly rejected� the possibility. C.J. Wilson will visit the Marlins after Thanksgiving. The free agent left-hander met with the Angels last night and has more visits scheduled. http://www.mlbtrader...medium=facebook Well that's the end of that. Good because I really want to keep LoMo. I know he is a douche, but I believe he is going to be a good one, and hopefully he grows out of his douchy behavior and becomes a solid guy that the FO can count on. I like how you can give lomo a chance while you think hanley should be traded. You have my nomination for most disconnected member. They are two very different cases. LoMo is just a brat off the field for the most part and his behavior has already been curbed and was better towards the end of the year. He even participated in the uniform showoff. I think he has been mostly rehabilitated. His personality also is more team friendly, he is not a selfish douche, just an immature douche. Hanley on the other hand, has been a prima donna his whole career, and it has most definitely affected his play. His pouting & sulking, and attitude are one reason that Boston was willing to part with him for Beckett. They knew he had potential MVP ability, but could see the "Manny Junior" brewing inside and decided to get rid of him before he became a potential problem. If they do indeed land Reyes, and give Reyes $ 2-3 or more million a year more than Hanley, and then also ask Hanley to move positions, I am telling you now, that I believe (just my opinion) that Hanley will rebel more than ever and be more of a pain in the ass than ever.
November 26, 201114 yr "His pouting & sulking, and attitude are one reason that Boston was willing to part with him for Beckett." at what point did he pout or sulk last season during what likely would have been the easiest time for him to do exactly that? you say Lomo has been "fixed" essentially...based on what exactly? A handful of games at the end of the season after his blowup? Hanley arguably has the better case here as he had an entire season to be the snot we saw him to be early on in the 2010 season but he didn't.
November 26, 201114 yr For the ten millionth time, Boston tried to trade for Hanley at least once over the last few years. Those claims about them wanting to deal him because of his personality are......well.......disconnected.
November 26, 201114 yr 'A deal containing a package of Logan Morrison or Mike Stanton' lol. Okay the first part... I'd still say not but it's reasonable. The second part? You want US to add to Mike Stanton for Gio Gonzalez? Go to hell.
November 26, 201114 yr The Marlins have pursued trades and free agents aggressively so far this offseason. Most recently, Gio Gonzalez has emerged as a possible trade target for the team. Here are the details on the Marlins’ offseason, via Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald: The A’s have demanded a package containing Logan Morrison or Mike Stanton for Gonzalez and the Marlins “flatly rejected� the possibility. C.J. Wilson will visit the Marlins after Thanksgiving. The free agent left-hander met with the Angels last night and has more visits scheduled. http://www.mlbtrader...medium=facebook Well that's the end of that. Good because I really want to keep LoMo. I know he is a douche, but I believe he is going to be a good one, and hopefully he grows out of his douchy behavior and becomes a solid guy that the FO can count on. I like how you can give lomo a chance while you think hanley should be traded. You have my nomination for most disconnected member. They are two very different cases. LoMo is just a brat off the field for the most part and his behavior has already been curbed and was better towards the end of the year. He even participated in the uniform showoff. I think he has been mostly rehabilitated. His personality also is more team friendly, he is not a selfish douche, just an immature douche. Hanley on the other hand, has been a prima donna his whole career, and it has most definitely affected his play. His pouting & sulking, and attitude are one reason that Boston was willing to part with him for Beckett. They knew he had potential MVP ability, but could see the "Manny Junior" brewing inside and decided to get rid of him before he became a potential problem. If they do indeed land Reyes, and give Reyes $ 2-3 or more million a year more than Hanley, and then also ask Hanley to move positions, I am telling you now, that I believe (just my opinion) that Hanley will rebel more than ever and be more of a pain in the ass than ever. Just admit you're partial to LoMo for whatever reason.
November 27, 201114 yr For the ten millionth time, Boston tried to trade for Hanley at least once over the last few years. Those claims about them wanting to deal him because of his personality are......well.......disconnected. Well lets get connected then, find a link that says that Boston tried to trade for him. AN INDEPENDENT source, not a Marlins hack or employee - someone credible. Otherwise it sounds like just another urban myth, to make Hanley supporters feel good about their man. And it has to be after 2009, when he did the "loafing on the field" incident. I will get off his back if that proposed trade has happened since then.
November 27, 201114 yr "His pouting & sulking, and attitude are one reason that Boston was willing to part with him for Beckett." at what point did he pout or sulk last season during what likely would have been the easiest time for him to do exactly that? you say Lomo has been "fixed" essentially...based on what exactly? A handful of games at the end of the season after his blowup? Hanley arguably has the better case here as he had an entire season to be the snot we saw him to be early on in the 2010 season but he didn't. Well he was called out by team mates last year for not being early & leaving early while he was in his extended hitting slump. And LoMo has been "fixed" for the most part. Just look at his twitter account recently. That alone was a big part of his problem, and than seems to have been toned down.
November 27, 201114 yr Just admit you're partial to LoMo for whatever reason. Not really, go back and look at my posts about LoMo, I never pass up a chance to call him a douche. But I do think eventually he will end up being a better team mate than Hanley ever will be, and baseball is a team sport. I don't believe Hanley will ever reach his potential because he doesn't have the personality to reach it. He is way too selfish.
November 27, 201114 yr For the ten millionth time, Boston tried to trade for Hanley at least once over the last few years. Those claims about them wanting to deal him because of his personality are......well.......disconnected. Well lets get connected then, find a link that says that Boston tried to trade for him. AN INDEPENDENT source, not a Marlins hack or employee - someone credible. Otherwise it sounds like just another urban myth, to make Hanley supporters feel good about their man. And it has to be after 2009, when he did the "loafing on the field" incident. I will get off his back if that proposed trade has happened since then. Red Sox still desire Hanley Ramirez Tough one to let go By Sean McAdam | Sunday, March 22, 2009 JUPITER, Fla. - The news that the Red Sox [team stats] attempted to reacquire shortstop Hanley Ramirez from the Florida Marlins during the offseason apparently was news to the player. According to multiple sources, the Red Sox approached Florida last November to see if they could put together a package of young players and prospects to land Ramirez, whom they dealt in a multi-player swap in November of 2005 to land right-hander Josh Beckett [stats] and third baseman Mike Lowell. http://www.bostonher...ticleid=1160261
November 27, 201114 yr For the ten millionth time, Boston tried to trade for Hanley at least once over the last few years. Those claims about them wanting to deal him because of his personality are......well.......disconnected. Well lets get connected then, find a link that says that Boston tried to trade for him. AN INDEPENDENT source, not a Marlins hack or employee - someone credible. Otherwise it sounds like just another urban myth, to make Hanley supporters feel good about their man. And it has to be after 2009, when he did the "loafing on the field" incident. I will get off his back if that proposed trade has happened since then. Red Sox still desire Hanley Ramirez Tough one to let go By Sean McAdam | Sunday, March 22, 2009 JUPITER, Fla. - The news that the Red Sox [team stats] attempted to reacquire shortstop Hanley Ramirez from the Florida Marlins during the offseason apparently was news to the player. According to multiple sources, the Red Sox approached Florida last November to see if they could put together a package of young players and prospects to land Ramirez, whom they dealt in a multi-player swap in November of 2005 to land right-hander Josh Beckett [stats] and third baseman Mike Lowell. http://www.bostonher...ticleid=1160261 I said AFTER the loafing on the field incident. I doubt they'd be interested now.......
November 27, 201114 yr From 2006 to 2009, the Red Sox basically had a revolving door of pretty mediocre, weak-hitting shortstops. They tried Alex Gonzalez, Julio Lugo, and Nick Green and none of them really worked. Undoubtedly the Red Sox would have loved Hanley Ramirez manning the position during those years even if he was the second coming of Manny Ramirez. Performance trumps work ethic.
November 27, 201114 yr I said AFTER the loafing on the field incident. I doubt they'd be interested now....... What difference does it make?
November 27, 201114 yr Well still waiting for a link for a proposed Red Sox trade AFTER the loafing incident with Hanley and Freddi......c'mon lets see those links.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.