E. Jackson to Nationals

gizmo

The Nationals have agreed to sign Edwin Jackson, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.comtweets. The deal between the Nationals and the Scott Boras client is pending a physical, Heyman notes.

The Nationals' projected starting rotation includes Jackson, Gio Gonzalez, Stephen Strasburg, Jordan Zimmermann and Chien-Ming Wang. John Lannan and Ross Detwilerwould provide depth, though Lannan is now on the trade block.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/02/nationals-to-sign-edwin-jackson.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Id venture to say that the Nationals have a rotation that has better guarantees than the Marlins, but the Marlins have a better upside.

Of course, that all changes if Strasburg is a monster next season.

More likely than not, their rotation will outpitch ours. But if we get exactly what we want and they get exactly what they want, I'd imagine ours is better.

Id venture to say that the Nationals have a rotation that has better guarantees than the Marlins, but the Marlins have a better upside.

Of course, that all changes if Strasburg is a monster next season.

More likely than not, their rotation will outpitch ours. But if we get exactly what we want and they get exactly what they want, I'd imagine ours is better.

I'd say it's the other way around.

Depends what you think of Josh Johnson.

If he's healthy, he's a sure thing.

The healthy part is a big if, but it's a big if for the likes of Strasburg and Zimmermann, as well.

Maybe the guarantee thing is a toss-up, but the Nationals rotation definitely has more upside.

Depends what you think of Josh Johnson.

If he's healthy, he's a sure thing.

The healthy part is a big if, but it's a big if for the likes of Strasburg and Zimmermann, as well.

Maybe the guarantee thing is a toss-up, but the Nationals rotation definitely has more upside.

I honestly think Zambrano is the most volatile piece of our rotation. You could get a star or you could get a dud.

And then there's Zambrano lite, Ricky Nolasco. Although... you know my thoughts of him.

Edwin Jackson agreed to a one-year deal with the Nationals earlier this week after testing the free agent market for quite some time.

Jackson could have landed a three-year, $30 million deal with Washington, but he opted for a shorter term contract in order to reestablish his value in 2012.

Read more:http://baseball.real.../#ixzz1lLGTLb4T

Honestly, who does Edwin Jackson think he is? If I was him I would have taken that and ran.

Edwin Jackson agreed to a one-year deal with the Nationals earlier this week after testing the free agent market for quite some time. Jackson could have landed a three-year, $30 million deal with Washington, but he opted for a shorter term contract in order to reestablish his value in 2012. Read more:http://baseball.real.../#ixzz1lLGTLb4T Honestly, who does Edwin Jackson think he is? If I was him I would have taken that and ran.

Probably more his agent. Signing a 1 year deal is a gamble. If he does real well this year it will pay off big next year. If not.....

Edwin Jackson agreed to a one-year deal with the Nationals earlier this week after testing the free agent market for quite some time. Jackson could have landed a three-year, $30 million deal with Washington, but he opted for a shorter term contract in order to reestablish his value in 2012. Read more:http://baseball.real.../#ixzz1lLGTLb4T Honestly, who does Edwin Jackson think he is? If I was him I would have taken that and ran.

Probably more his agent. Signing a 1 year deal is a gamble. If he does real well this year it will pay off big next year. If not.....

If not, he'll sign another 1 year deal in February of 2013 for way more than he's worth :lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.