Do the Marlins air on FSN in Jacksonville?

Caddy

I'm pretty sure the Magic don't come on TV up here, but I seem to remember the Marlins being on TV last time I was living in Jacksonville (2005). So question is, are they on cable? Or will I have to either get Extra Innings/MLB.tv or resort to less... noble methods.

yep FSN carries the games up here. It's a mix of Marlins & Rays actually - you'll wind up getting to see around 70-75% of the games I'd estimate.

Still, mlb.tv is cheap enough where you may as well pick that up for the remaining games.

Wouldn't the rays and marlins be blacked out on MLB.tv

I know here in NC, Braves, Nats and the O's are blacked out on MLB.tv and I'm nowhere near them.

Even the games that aren't showing locally are blacked out?

The way MLB works (and all other sports teams) are that you cannot get them via the web if you're located in their regional area declared as 'home territory'.

So... if you're in New York you wont get the Mets or the Yankess, no matter what. However, if there is no home feed period and there is an away feed, you will get it.

Otherwise... if you're in that region at all (which you can find the maps for this kinda stuff), you will never get the show so long as it's on local television.

Now here's the catch. Sometimes it ISN'T on local television even though you're in that territory. This happens a lot in cross-territory. Notably Orlando. They show roughly 10 Marlins games a season here, yet you'll still be blacked out for all Marlins games. Why this is? I don't know. It's ass backwards. They make it so that there is literally no way you can watch the Marlins without a package on your TV.

How about Orlando? Will I get 100% of the games that are on tv?

See my earlier post.

You will get < 10 games in Orlando. The rest will be Rays. Orlando is the worst place to be a Marlins fan.

Whats odd is I live closer to the Rays than the people in Orlando, yet I still get every game FSN broadcasts of the Fish. I miss usually around 10-12 games a season. Move out of Orlando and move to the I-4/ Hwy 27 area if you want to see the Marlins

If you have a Brighthouse cable box you get all Marlins games in Orlando. I think in the beginning of the season Lightning games that coincide with the Marlins are shown instead of the Marlins.

After that, as long as you have the box, you get the games.

I don't know what I was saying when I said 10 games. That was an utter lie and I somehow blurted out mistakenly. If you're on campus at UCF (which Holly I'm sure you wont be!) you will have FSN Florida blacked out - period.

It's the Florida Panthers that will never be on in Orlando, period. The Lightning wont even be listed, but they'll play. Same goes for the Marlins/Rays. The Marlins will not be listed, but will usually be played over whatever is being listed. You'll get towards 2/3rds the games.

If you have a Brighthouse cable box you get all Marlins games in Orlando. I think in the beginning of the season Lightning games that coincide with the Marlins are shown instead of the Marlins.

After that, as long as you have the box, you get the games.

I live in Weston (Advanced Cable) and last year all the Rays games were shown on Sun Sports and all the Marlins games were shown on Fox Florida. A few years back it was more of a mixture but the last few years each team was shown strictly on their respective channel. The only Rays games that weren't broadcast in South Florida on Sun Sports were games that coincided with Heat or Panthers games. The Rays were available on MLB tv too. The Marlins not. I would imagine this scenerio is the same across the state, with the Marlins losing out to Lightning and Magic games outside of south florida.

BTW, If Marlins are on FSN and Rays on Sunshine why would there be mixed coverage in Jacksonville?

If Jax is the same as Tallahassee, then you'd get just about full Marlins coverage.

Rays are typically on Sunshine but certain events (i'm thinking it's the Lightning? not sure) seem to bump them over to FSN, in which case the Marlins at times get left out. At any rate it's not awful, just listen to the radio feed for the 10-13 games or whatever it is.

Yeah I was gonna say, in Orlando (where I am moving to Jax from) they split the Rays and Marlins games on Sun Sports and FSN, respectively. The only time the Marlins wouldn't get broadcasted is if another team superceded them in the FSN broadcast (aka Rays on SUN and Magic/Lightning on FSN). I was asking because I wasn't sure if Jacksonville had the same setup but it seems it does, which is good to know.

Thanks guys.

They would be blacked out, yeah. The only place you can get Marlins ball on MLB.tv in Florida, I believe, is in Tampa itself. Same applies to getting Rays on MLB.tv, gotta be in South Florida.

Everywhere else is 'mixed' team declaration on home territory.

I can indeed confirm you get to see Marlins games on MLB.tv here in Tampa.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.