MLB The Show 12

Admin

I played an exhibition game with the Fish against the Rangers, lost 4 - 0 in a 5 inning game. JJ is filthy in the game, as usual, I struggled with control at first 'cause I hadn't played in a while, but I struck out the side twice and ended up with 7Ks. I only got 1 hit, although I did walk a couple of times and hit a smoking op-field double with Giancarlo that got called an error because the ball bounced off the RFers glove.

One thing I noticed over the previous iteration of the game is the ball physics, I thought that feature was BS, however in just 5 innings I saw a couple of balls hit that I had never seen before in a baseball game: I saw a curving line drive to left that someone from the Rangers hit that looked like a tennis slice, and I hit a crazy-tall slow chopper with Bonifacio that the 2nd baseman just barely fielded on the 2nd hop because it was so high. Very cool.

I also tried the motion controls with the girlfriend and thought it was OK. There's definitely a learning curve there, so I'm not ready to judge. I noticed it's very difficult to get the timing right on All-Star difficulty when hitting (I think due to the difference in input lag when using the regular controller VS when using the Move), I went to BP and put the hitting difficulty on Veteran and had much better luck.

All in all I'm very pleased with the game thus far. Marlins Park looks awesome and the commentary about the park and the Fish was very positive and fun to hear.

One thing I noticed over the previous iteration of the game is the ball physics, I thought that feature was BS, however in just 5 innings I saw a couple of balls hit that I had never seen before in a baseball game: I saw a curving line drive to left that someone from the Rangers hit that looked like a tennis slice, and I hit a crazy-tall slow chopper with Bonifacio that the 2nd baseman just barely fielded on the 2nd hop because it was so high. Very cool.

That feature alone sounds awesome. I've been stuck on MLB 2K10 for a bit now due to money, and I've hit a lot of balls right down the line that literally stayed on the line when they should have sliced or hooked, depending on who hit it. Got a question, though - does this also happen for ground balls? Like if you smoke a two hopper passed the third basemen with a right-handed hitter, will the ball slowly make it's way left towards the corner?

That feature alone sounds awesome. I've been stuck on MLB 2K10 for a bit now due to money, and I've hit a lot of balls right down the line that literally stayed on the line when they should have sliced or hooked, depending on who hit it. Got a question, though - does this also happen for ground balls? Like if you smoke a two hopper passed the third basemen with a right-handed hitter, will the ball slowly make it's way left towards the corner?

I would assume so. I haven't played enough to see it happen yet (although yesterday playing online I hit a smoker down the 3rd base line with Giancarlo that ricocheted off the bag 10 feet in the air. It was so awesome.

I would assume so. I haven't played enough to see it happen yet (although yesterday playing online I hit a smoker down the 3rd base line with Giancarlo that ricocheted off the bag 10 feet in the air. It was so awesome.

Ha, oh wow. The only game I've ever had that happen in was on All-Star Baseball 2005 in the Locko Dome xD [A future stadium they had featured. Really interesting.] In that instance, I hit a liner with Mike Redmond down the first base line and it smacked the bag and went back towards the catcher pretty quick.

How is the road to the show this year? Better? That is my favorite aspect of the game, however it did get a bit stagnant after a while in past years.

I haven't tried it yet, it annoyed me in last year's version with several mistakes.

RTTS seems good this year. It's an odd thing, but I think they tweaked something with the pitcher-batter match-up. Even though my contact is a crappy 30-something, I've hit a couple of doubles in the gap and a triple through 5 games or so. I feel like I make solid contact when I should, where-as in the past, there were times that you'd have good timing, on a ball right in your vision oval, and you'd still hit a slow chopper, at least early-on in your career.

Honestly, my favorite thing this year is the addition of the Analog Zone Hitting. Not so much because I move the Plate Vision Indicator around, but because if you're patient and wait for a good pitch in the heart of the zone, you'll always hit it well it if your timing is right. Last year I got frustrated often because the PVI would move around depending on how the pitcher pitched at you and how your timing was. This resulted in the occasional Home-run on a low ball in the zone, but it also resulted in weakly-hit balls on pitches right down the pipe! I hated this. This year, it's perfect.

RTTS is much better.

As for my franchise... I'm currently in the 18th inning of Opening Night. My last pitcher in the pen is now in the game - Choate. Already worked the 17th and is about to start the 18th. What a game, 2-2. Buck hit a HR earlier to set off the HR feature.

RTTS is much better.

As for my franchise... I'm currently in the 18th inning of Opening Night. My last pitcher in the pen is now in the game - Choate. Already worked the 17th and is about to start the 18th. What a game, 2-2. Buck hit a HR earlier to set off the HR feature.

Damn, Larraldo ...