Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Parking at the new Ballpark

Featured Replies

I hope this is the right subforum for this.... if not I guess it will be moved to the appropriate place...

 

 

 

The purpose of these questions is for me to document real issues and expectations and provide that to the people that will be handling parking at the stadium. I have a contact with the Miami Parking Authority and he has asked me to get as much info as I can. I figured you all are a great target audience.

 

Question 1 is for anyone who went to a preseason game already at the NEW stadium (not Jupiter). Question 2 is for anyone who is PLANNING on going to a game at the new stadium.

 

1. What, if any, were the problems that you had with parking at the event? Be specific please.

 

2. What are you realistically expecting from the parking experience - information about parking before you go, amount of time it takes to find parking, distance from the park, access to garage, amount of time it takes to get out, etc? Please use your parking experience at other sporting events as a reference/starting point (Sun Life, American Airlines Arena, etc)?

 

Thanks

I went to the Marlins vs FIU game and the parking situation was a fiasco. I was meeting a few friends and they all shared with me a different parking story. I was told by FIU and Marlins employees that we would be able to park at the garages just by showing the ticket even though we did not prepay for parking. When we got there we got different stories from the park employees directing traffic into the garages. One of my friends got to a garage and was told that he could not park there because it was full of prepaid customers. He asked the attendant for directions to other parking options and he was told that they had no idea that he would have to look around in the area. This to me is extremely unacceptable, they should at least have a list of possible places in area set up as possible parking solutions.

 

Another one of my friends was told the same thing but he decided to try a different parking garage. When he got to the other garage the attendant told him to go ahead and park and never mentioned anything about the garages being full. Mind you this was about 20 minutes after my other friend was turned away being told the garages were full.

 

It seems to me like there was zero communication between the four parking garages. The attendants were also uninformed about possible parking solutions and trolley options around the area. I see this being a big problem if it is not resolved.

The Parking Problem is simple in my opinion.

 

The Media, VIPs, and Season Ticket Holders are happy they have a spot. Sure the traffic will be a bit crazy and awhile to get into the garages but they are content they don't have to drive around looking for a spot. Pretty much every ballpark as traffic in their lots.

 

The others, well, they are pissed! Going to be difficult right now to find a spot. More and more surface lots should be showing up down the road this season and years beyond.

 

Parking passing passes will def be posted and scooped up on eBay for sure!!

 

Here's another article about it as it as well.. http://www.miamihera...s-at-miami.html

I don't know about the parking situation yet because I havn't been to a game. But I was able to purchase a parking pass for the garages with each set of single game tickets I bought when they went on sale. What % of the capacity of the ballpark can the parking lot serve I wonder?

  • Author

my understanding is there are 6200 spots on site - not sure if that is just the garages or the lots also. that translates to about 13640 people if you go by the concept that about 2.2 people go in each car. about 1/3 of the people at full capacity if it is just garages. there are 6 lots as well. traffic in and out is also going to be forced (like at Sun Life) one way or another. here is a map link: http://mlb.mlb.com/mia/ballpark/parking_maps.jsp

The Parking Problem is simple in my opinion.

 

The Media, VIPs, and Season Ticket Holders are happy they have a spot. Sure the traffic will be a bit crazy and awhile to get into the garages but they are content they don't have to drive around looking for a spot. Pretty much every ballpark as traffic in their lots.

 

The others, well, they are pissed! Going to be difficult right now to find a spot. More and more surface lots should be showing up down the road this season and years beyond.

 

Parking passing passes will def be posted and scooped up on eBay for sure!!

 

Here's another article about it as it as well.. http://www.miamihera...s-at-miami.html

 

 

A question for someone who knows: If you pre-purchase a parking pass, does it guarantee you a spot? Or, is it possible that, if you arrive late, you might find the lot full and be left out?

The Parking Problem is simple in my opinion.

 

The Media, VIPs, and Season Ticket Holders are happy they have a spot. Sure the traffic will be a bit crazy and awhile to get into the garages but they are content they don't have to drive around looking for a spot. Pretty much every ballpark as traffic in their lots.

 

The others, well, they are pissed! Going to be difficult right now to find a spot. More and more surface lots should be showing up down the road this season and years beyond.

 

Parking passing passes will def be posted and scooped up on eBay for sure!!

 

Here's another article about it as it as well.. http://www.miamihera...s-at-miami.html

 

 

A question for someone who knows: If you pre-purchase a parking pass, does it guarantee you a spot? Or, is it possible that, if you arrive late, you might find the lot full and be left out?

 

If you have a parking pass. You are guaranteed a spot. (Of course ONLY the lot you are assigned too)

Went to the hurricane game, no issue, just paid $5 to get in to the garage. I can see a real problem leaving when the stadium is full. I did not purchase parking, after buying a full season of tickets(even though I will probably only go to about 25-30 games) I did not want to spend $1200 more for 50 games. I am hoping my experience living here all my life and the availability of parking around the stadium that existed for Dolphin and Hurricane games filled to 80000 capacity will work out for a 37000 seat stadium. Besides, even if you do park in the garages, will you even get out to the streets in less than a half hour.

I went to the Miami game, parked on the fourth floor of the homeplate garage. Getting in the garage was a breeze since I prepaid for a parking pass. While traffic was a little slow moving out of the garage, once it got moving it was also a breeze. Granted this was a game of just 10K so I'm sure the real deal will suck, but I was pleasantly surprised.

  • Author

I have a real issue with parking. It costs $20 on a regular season gameday.

 

That one is a Marlins issue, not much MPA can do about that. Marlins collect all the revenue from parking. MPA just manages the parking. So if there is a logistics problem, that is more along the lines of where they might be able to help.

i am disable i have decals for car will i be able park close or in garages? did any one want fiu or um see were their have it? i notice city dont charge parking for diable not sure that case in here

I already ordered my tickets and got one parking pass but now I want to get one for a Sunday game. Does anyone know if you can purchase the parking passes separately?

I already ordered my tickets and got one parking pass but now I want to get one for a Sunday game. Does anyone know if you can purchase the parking passes separately?

 

 

I think you can only buy the parking pass when you buy the tickets. The only other way to get a pass will be stubhub.

  • Author

i am disable i have decals for car will i be able park close or in garages? did any one want fiu or um see were their have it? i notice city dont charge parking for diable not sure that case in here

 

i am sure i saw disabled access parking in the garages. and i believe you have to prepay for it, at least for now.

I have a real issue with parking. It costs $20 on a regular season gameday.

 

That one is a Marlins issue, not much MPA can do about that. Marlins collect all the revenue from parking. MPA just manages the parking. So if there is a logistics problem, that is more along the lines of where they might be able to help.

That's not entirely true. While the Marlins do set the price, the reason it is so high is because the Marlins are paying the city $10 per parking spot, even if the spot isn't sold.

It's probably because I go there so late (6:50), but getting into the parking garage (which I prepaid for) was a mess. It took forever and the police were not making it easier. There was obvious confusion of exactly which way the traffic should be flowing and the only sign said to turn on 3rd street for prepaid parking, which the police had blocked off. We finally got to the garage at about 7:25 and it was only about 3/5ths of the way full. Getting out, on the other had, was really quick.

 

A buddy of mine (who goes by Overhed on here) told me ther got there at 5:30 and parking was "smooth sailing".

 

As has been said by many, I'm hoping it's just growing pains. We somehow managed to find a way to accommodate 80,000 people on that site for over half a century.

I pulled up at 6:45 on the day of the UM game and had no problems. I just parked in one of the Outfield garages. Pulled in, found a spot and took off. Took me all of 3 minutes to get into the garage and into a spot.

(BTW, that 3rd person in the 2 person job was head counting for some reason and making sure the tickets were real)

 

The only issue I had was it seemed getting off the 836 the traffic on that two lane or 3 lane road is going to get really nasty. I'll look for alternatives.

 

I'd love it if a Metro Mover was made to connect the Civic Center to the ballpark. That would be perfect for ALOT of us fans who are traveling. Coming from homestead, I'd park at Dadeland and go to the game if a Metro Mover were available.

I pulled up at 6:45 on the day of the UM game and had no problems. I just parked in one of the Outfield garages. Pulled in, found a spot and took off. Took me all of 3 minutes to get into the garage and into a spot.

(BTW, that 3rd person in the 2 person job was head counting for some reason and making sure the tickets were real)

 

The only issue I had was it seemed getting off the 836 the traffic on that two lane or 3 lane road is going to get really nasty. I'll look for alternatives.

 

I'd love it if a Metro Mover was made to connect the Civic Center to the ballpark. That would be perfect for ALOT of us fans who are traveling. Coming from homestead, I'd park at Dadeland and go to the game if a Metro Mover were available.

 

They are doing trolleys from the Civic Center to the ballpark. That's probably what I'm doing for opening day.

I pulled up at 6:45 on the day of the UM game and had no problems. I just parked in one of the Outfield garages. Pulled in, found a spot and took off. Took me all of 3 minutes to get into the garage and into a spot.

(BTW, that 3rd person in the 2 person job was head counting for some reason and making sure the tickets were real)

 

The only issue I had was it seemed getting off the 836 the traffic on that two lane or 3 lane road is going to get really nasty. I'll look for alternatives.

 

I'd love it if a Metro Mover was made to connect the Civic Center to the ballpark. That would be perfect for ALOT of us fans who are traveling. Coming from homestead, I'd park at Dadeland and go to the game if a Metro Mover were available.

 

They are doing trolleys from the Civic Center to the ballpark. That's probably what I'm doing for opening day.

 

Yeah, but I read they start the trolley at 6:30 and end at 11:30, that sucks time wise.

I pulled up at 6:45 on the day of the UM game and had no problems. I just parked in one of the Outfield garages. Pulled in, found a spot and took off. Took me all of 3 minutes to get into the garage and into a spot.

(BTW, that 3rd person in the 2 person job was head counting for some reason and making sure the tickets were real)

 

The only issue I had was it seemed getting off the 836 the traffic on that two lane or 3 lane road is going to get really nasty. I'll look for alternatives.

 

I'd love it if a Metro Mover was made to connect the Civic Center to the ballpark. That would be perfect for ALOT of us fans who are traveling. Coming from homestead, I'd park at Dadeland and go to the game if a Metro Mover were available.

 

They are doing trolleys from the Civic Center to the ballpark. That's probably what I'm doing for opening day.

 

Yeah, but I read they start the trolley at 6:30 and end at 11:30, that sucks time wise.

 

630 pm or am. If its 630 pm that bs. You cant even make a trip around the loop in 30 minutes. I'm thinkin it may be am Chris.

  • Author

I pulled up at 6:45 on the day of the UM game and had no problems. I just parked in one of the Outfield garages. Pulled in, found a spot and took off. Took me all of 3 minutes to get into the garage and into a spot.

(BTW, that 3rd person in the 2 person job was head counting for some reason and making sure the tickets were real)

 

The only issue I had was it seemed getting off the 836 the traffic on that two lane or 3 lane road is going to get really nasty. I'll look for alternatives.

 

I'd love it if a Metro Mover was made to connect the Civic Center to the ballpark. That would be perfect for ALOT of us fans who are traveling. Coming from homestead, I'd park at Dadeland and go to the game if a Metro Mover were available.

 

They are doing trolleys from the Civic Center to the ballpark. That's probably what I'm doing for opening day.

 

Yeah, but I read they start the trolley at 6:30 and end at 11:30, that sucks time wise.

 

630 pm or am. If its 630 pm that bs. You cant even make a trip around the loop in 30 minutes. I'm thinkin it may be am Chris.

 

Here is a quote from the Herald article:

Albert Sosa, the city’s capital improvements director, said the trolleys will run from 6:30 a.m. through 11:30 p.m. on a pair of roughly four-mile, 30-minute routes. They circuits form a figure-eight shape from the hospital district to just south of the ballpark.

 

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/01/2669977/new-miami-trolley-goes-live-wins.html#storylink=cpy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.