Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jacob Turner's Zephyrs Debut?

Featured Replies

Anyone know when Turner's debut with NO will be? Hoping they can keep him at AAA for most of the 2nd half to get him ready for 2013. Obviously, I'm paranoid after Andrew Miller was somewhat rushed up in 2009.

  • Author

Turner's debut at home vs. Iowa Cubs: 5ip, 2h, 1r, 1er, 3bb, 2k. 88 pitches, 48 for strikes.

 

Sidenote: Batting leadoff for Iowa is none other than Alfredo Amezaga;. 2 of Turner's 3 walks were drawn by Alfredo.

  • Author

I'm sure they'll at least let him get his bearings straight in a new league and with a new club before doing that. Brantly, on the other hand, is someone I'd like to see sooner rather than later. Buck and Hayes are abysmal at the plate.

Rich & Tommy sounded like it was a possibility he might get called up for Friday's game, not sure if that was just speculating...

 

 

Turner or Brantly?

 

Turner.

Rich & Tommy sounded like it was a possibility he might get called up for Friday's game, not sure if that was just speculating...

 

 

Turner or Brantly?

 

Turner.

Turnly or Branter?

Rich & Tommy sounded like it was a possibility he might get called up for Friday's game, not sure if that was just speculating...

 

 

Turner or Brantly?

 

Turner.

Turnly or Branter?

Timmy Turner or Barkely?

I really hope they let him work out any little issue he might have in AAA. Andrew Miller made me paranoid.

  • Author

Speaking of call-ups, I'd like to see Yelich move up to AA - hitting .321 currently

 

 

I agree, but I'm also selfish and want him to stay in Jupiter until after I see him play at RDS in two weeks. Hoping I can line up a game where Fernandez starts and Yelich is in the lineup.

Speaking of call-ups, I'd like to see Yelich move up to AA - hitting .321 currently

 

 

I agree, but I'm also selfish and want him to stay in Jupiter until after I see him play at RDS in two weeks. Hoping I can line up a game where Fernandez starts and Yelich is in the lineup.

 

Jealous. I miss the days when Marlins had Portland Sea Dogs as AA. I got to see Adrian Gonzalez and a bunch of others play. Adrian was also easy to get autographs from, too... Still have my teal Portland jersey

I really hope they let him work out any little issue he might have in AAA. Andrew Miller made me paranoid.

 

Speaking of him....he's having a pretty nasty year this year

I really hope they let him work out any little issue he might have in AAA. Andrew Miller made me paranoid.

 

Speaking of him....he's having a pretty nasty year this year

As a reliever.

  • Author

I really hope they let him work out any little issue he might have in AAA. Andrew Miller made me paranoid.

 

Speaking of him....he's having a pretty nasty year this year

As a reliever.

 

In comparison to Chris Volstad, he's been remarkable. Gotta give him credit for accepting the role and doing well in it. Lotta guys in his position couldn't swallow their pride and take the demotion to the bullpen.

  • Author

In more Zephyrs news, Brantly with a pinch hit walk-off 3-run HR vs. Iowa tonight. Since the trade, he's hitting .500 with 6 RBIs in 14 ABs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.