8/4 Post Game

Lol at the Eovaldi/Vargas comparison. They're completely different pitchers.

Brantly has a 1K .OPS...in limited at-bats. His minor league .OPS, career wise, is .726. He was doing nothing in AAA before being traded to the Marlins. Doesn't really have spectacular power, has below average patience. Yep. Easily the least intriguing of the three. Becoming the most overrated Marlins prospect rather quickly unfortunately for him.

Once again, you took my Turner comments out of context. He has the most upside of the group. You could have the most upside and still become a bust. I acknowledged that in my post and never said otherwise. With that said, the two pitchers still have more upside than Brantly who will become a decent catcher, at best, one day.

Yes. The guy with an ops over 1k is the least interesting. Probably because he will actually contribute but doesn't have that incredibly long shot at being very good.

He's played in 10 games with us in which he's had an incredible hot streak. He's also playing in the PCL now with us instead of the IL. PCL is a much better hitter's league. His career OPS is .726. He's very young, though, only 22, I expect that number to rise anyways. At least a little bit to around a .775 area.

It will probably go up to 23 on his next birthday

Lol at the Eovaldi/Vargas comparison. They're completely different pitchers.

Brantly has a 1K .OPS...in limited at-bats. His minor league .OPS, career wise, is .726. He was doing nothing in AAA before being traded to the Marlins. Doesn't really have spectacular power, has below average patience. Yep. Easily the least intriguing of the three. Becoming the most overrated Marlins prospect rather quickly unfortunately for him.

Once again, you took my Turner comments out of context. He has the most upside of the group. You could have the most upside and still become a bust. I acknowledged that in my post and never said otherwise. With that said, the two pitchers still have more upside than Brantly who will become a decent catcher, at best, one day.

I think the Brantley overhype comes from the fact that we are currently playing Buck and Hayes - anyone should be better than that

Yes. The guy with an ops over 1k is the least interesting. Probably because he will actually contribute but doesn't have that incredibly long shot at being very good.

He's played in 10 games with us in which he's had an incredible hot streak. He's also playing in the PCL now with us instead of the IL. PCL is a much better hitter's league. His career OPS is .726. He's very young, though, only 22, I expect that number to rise anyways. At least a little bit to around a .775 area.

It will probably go up to 23 on his next birthday

Good one. :lol