May 1, 201313 yr That is just tough. Green has been very solid and got us two sac flys which is something that many people on this team do. Man, I like what valaika has done but I think Green deserves to stay.
May 1, 201313 yr Green was ruining our odds of being the worst team of all-time with all his hits and good defensive plays. He should've known better.
May 1, 201313 yr And Coghlan is still on the team. They like Coghlan's ability to mind control 3rd base umpires into making poor calls.
May 1, 201313 yr lol did they really just DFA Green over Coghlan? And don't give me the coghlan is an outfielder thing because coghlan is a horrendous outfielder and green could do just a good a job
May 1, 201313 yr Green is playing way too good for the Marlins to keep him. No way he accepts a minor league assignment from the Marlins. I know I wouldn't.
May 1, 201313 yr Green was actually leading the team in .OPS. Holy shit you're right and holy shit we're even worse than I thought
May 1, 201313 yr Green was actually leading the team in .OPS. On another note I'm not sure the FO even knows what OPS is....
May 1, 201313 yr I bet someone claims him. Also this: JCRMarlinsbeat In addition to Green DFA when Hech is ready, #Marlins expected to option Brad Hand to NOLA and select contract of Matt Diaz.53 minutes ago · reply · retweet ·favorite About time. I honestly totally forgot Hand was here.
May 1, 201313 yr I bet someone claims him. Also this: JCRMarlinsbeat In addition to Green DFA when Hech is ready, #Marlins expected to option Brad Hand to NOLA and select contract of Matt Diaz.53 minutes ago · reply · retweet ·favorite About time. I honestly totally forgot Hand was here. Hand actually pitched really well in the pen today which is a stark contrast to everyone else.... Once again, Coghlan is still here?
May 2, 201313 yr I bet someone claims him. Also this: JCRMarlinsbeat In addition to Green DFA when Hech is ready, #Marlins expected to option Brad Hand to NOLA and select contract of Matt Diaz.53 minutes ago · reply · retweet ·favorite About time. I honestly totally forgot Hand was here. Hand actually pitched really well in the pen today which is a stark contrast to everyone else.... Once again, Coghlan is still here? I was impressed with Hand today. Looked much better outta the pen then what I remember of him starting. He was hitting 93 on the gun.
May 2, 201313 yr Author I bet someone claims him. Also this: JCRMarlinsbeat In addition to Green DFA when Hech is ready, #Marlins expected to option Brad Hand to NOLA and select contract of Matt Diaz.53 minutes ago · reply · retweet ·favorite About time. I honestly totally forgot Hand was here. Hand actually pitched really well in the pen today which is a stark contrast to everyone else.... Once again, Coghlan is still here? I was impressed with Hand today. Looked much better outta the pen then what I remember of him starting. He was hitting 93 on the gun. hand has good stuff and does very well in the minors but he does not have good control at all.
May 2, 201313 yr Green was actually leading the team in .OPS. Holy s*** you're right and holy s*** we're even worse than I thought yeah. wow. 601 team OPS. it's creeping up slowly, but not by much for the record, the absolute worst team OPS in baseball last year was 665. 640 the year before. and 637 the year before that. all Seattle. at least we're not the Mariners, right?
May 2, 201313 yr Doesn't Valaika have options left? Seems like the smarter thing to do... This goes back to my theory that the FO spins a wheel to make their decisions.
May 2, 201313 yr Unrelated but just noticed yunel escobar is having a pretty horrendous year at Tampa. If Dietrich can transfer his current milb success to the MLB level, we might really come out on top in that one.
May 2, 201313 yr I watched the Tampa game last night and Escobar is pretty slick in the field, but he didn't hit for sh!t. I think we won that trade, not to mention that we don't have to take any grief for his eye-black antics. Which, no doubt, if we still employed him would have been brought up incessantly by the Loria-loving media.
May 2, 201313 yr That we're not paying 5 mill for a guy hitting .173/.230/.284? Yup, pure blind love, that's obviously it.
May 2, 201313 yr I am a Coghs fan, but if it came down to him and Nick Green right now, I really have to take Green. I'm pretty much giving up on Coghs...
May 2, 201313 yr it is absolutely mind bending why Cogs still has a spot on the roster at this point. He had a lucky rookie year thanks to a very fortunate average on balls in play and has been terrible ever since. I can see waiting it through the "sophomore slump" but he has only regressed each year. He's DONE. get him off this team. Green was playing WELL for us and poof, off he goes. There is NO reason why Cogs is still here and Green is gone. On a side note i'm getting really sick of Stanton seeminly being injured all the time. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to be a fish but with each injury I'm leaning more and more towards accepting a trade provided they didn't trade him for 2 relief pitchers and a AA 3b prospect batting .211 with "raw skills".
May 2, 201313 yr That we're not paying 5 mill for a guy hitting .173/.230/.284? Yup, pure blind love, that's obviously it. But they're x million to players and a coach that aren't even here anymore
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.