Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I like this 2014 lineup

Featured Replies

I'm very excited for next year... Story of my life.

 

1. L - Yelich

2. R - Hechavarria

3. L - Moran

4. R - Stanton

5. L - Morrison

6. R - Ozuna

7. L - Dietrich

8. L - Brantly

 

I know some of you will jump down my throat for having Hech batting second, but that would seem to make the most sense. He breaks up all the lefties and hitting second in a lineup like this would get him a TON of fastballs to hit... I like it.

I'm very excited for next year... Story of my life.

 

1. L - Yelich

2. R - Hechavarria

3. L - Moran

4. R - Stanton

5. L - Morrison

6. R - Ozuna

7. L - Dietrich

8. L - Brantly

 

I know some of you will jump down my throat for having Hech batting second, but that would seem to make the most sense. He breaks up all the lefties and hitting second in a lineup like this would get him a TON of fastballs to hit... I like it.

 

Thy lineup doesn't look that bad I would only make a couple of changes and I guess maybe Moran might not be able to play yet but it's better than this year with polanco and dobbs in there.

I think guys like Ozuna and Moran would be very good run producers at the MLB level and for that reason alone I think this lineup could potentially be as good a hitting lineup as we ever had given everyone stays healthy.

hoping barnes continues to develop. he could take over catcher or 2b(and shift Dietrich to ss). i want brantly and hech to develop as much as anyone but they look absolutely lost. and in hech's case there were questions about whether he would ever hit.

I think guys like Ozuna and Moran would be very good run producers at the MLB level and for that reason alone I think this lineup could potentially be as good a hitting lineup as we ever had given everyone stays healthy.

 

 

Ozuna has looked pretty nice so far, but I'd like to see him hit for more power before I get too excited.

I think guys like Ozuna and Moran would be very good run producers at the MLB level and for that reason alone I think this lineup could potentially be as good a hitting lineup as we ever had given everyone stays healthy.

 

 

 

Ozuna has looked pretty nice so far, but I'd like to see him hit for more power before I get too excited.He is showing power just in doubles form. The homers will come

Moving Barnes back to 2B and Dietrich to SS (Dietrich has played SS before) would probably provide us with the best lineup we could possibly be out there.

 

Preferably, by 2015, I want Barnes to stay at catcher, as there's a hell of a lot more value for him at that position, Dietrich to stay at 2B, and for the team to trade for some kind of competent SS to take over for Hechavarria at some point. Maybe the Nolasco trade that's bound to happen soon could net us a decent SS prospect.

 

By 2014, I want to see our lineup like this...

 

CF: Yelich

2B: Dietrich

RF: Stanton

LF: Ozuna

1B: Morrison

3B: Cox

C: Brantly

SS: Hechavarria

 

and by 2015, I hope to see this.

 

CF: Yelich

2B: Dietrich

RF: Stanton

LF: Ozuna

1B: Morrison

3B: Moran

C: Barnes

SS: Who gives a crap

I actually like Ozuna's approach. He is showing good pitch selection, working counts, and putting the ball in play instead of just swing for the fences.

 

 

Which is strange because his minor league numbers suggest he was always a free swinger. He'll obviously regress to somewhere decently below .300, but I hope he eventually trades some of that contact ability (only because I think he will) for some power.

I actually like Ozuna's approach. He is showing good pitch selection, working counts, and putting the ball in play instead of just swing for the fences.

 

 

Which is strange because his minor league numbers suggest he was always a free swinger. He'll obviously regress to somewhere decently below .300, but I hope he eventually trades some of that contact ability (only because I think he will) for some power.

 

 

I read at some point fish hitting coaches got a hold of him and he changes his approach before the beginning of the season.

That's nice. But right now he's hitting like Tony Gwynn. Marcel Ozuna is a really nice player, but he's not Tony Gwynn.

If you really want to have Dietrich in the lineup he can go to shortstop and hecheverria can become a utility infield. Then you can have a lineup like this,

 

Cf Yelich

2b Solano

Lf Ozuna

Rf Stanton

C bratny

1b Morrison

3b Moran

Ss Dietrich

 

That is the best offense lineup we can put out on the field and if Moran is not ready next year we can keep coghlan at 3 rd base.

But if we want to win, Hechavarria would be playing over Solano, easy, mostly for defensive reasons. Also, why are you bunching up the lefties 5-8? That's like a LOOGY's wet dream right there.

Ew, Brantly.

I actually like Ozuna's approach. He is showing good pitch selection, working counts, and putting the ball in play instead of just swing for the fences.

 

 

Which is strange because his minor league numbers suggest he was always a free swinger. He'll obviously regress to somewhere decently below .300, but I hope he eventually trades some of that contact ability (only because I think he will) for some power.

 

 

He still is a free swinger.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.