Stanton is back, Kotchman to DL; Solano, Mahoney sent to AAA

As expected, the Marlins activated Giancarlo Stanton from the disabled list today and placed Casey Kotchman on the 15-day DL with an oblique strain. Stanton has been out since April 29 when he suffered a hamstring injury.

Those weren't the only moves. The Marlins also activated infielderDonovan Solano and first baseman Joe Mahoney from the DL and optioned both to Triple A New Orleans. No big surprise with Mahoney, given the return of Logan Morrison. But Solano's absence clearly cost him his job, as Derek Dietrich has filled in capably at second and the Marlins appear satisfied with Ed Lucas as an extra infielder.

By the way, the last time Stanton and Morrison appeared together in the starting lineup was July 7 of last year.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2013/06/the-return-of-giancarlo-stanton.html#storylink=cpy

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2013/06/the-return-of-giancarlo-stanton.html

Sending Solano to aaa and leaving Dietrich in the MLB is a rediculous decision by the front office. Definitely not the right decision for the team and I bet alot of people are happy. He will be up in no time and hopefully it won't be to late. I'm glad Stanton is back because we missed the big worm. But we are gaining power with him and wasting solanos high average. At least hour aaa team just got better.

Sending Solano to aaa and leaving Dietrich in the MLB is a rediculous decision by the front office. Definitely not the right decision for the team and I bet alot of people are happy. He will be up in no time and hopefully it won't be to late. I'm glad Stanton is back because we missed the big worm. But we are gaining power with him and wasting solanos high average. At least hour aaa team just got better.

For someone who claimed in their first post that they had "lurked here for years", you should know that you're going to have to backup your argument on this forum. If you're going to take a position against the majority then you need to strengthen that argument with statistics or even reports from "experts" that could lead some kind of credence to your position. You don't, you just claim that you know what you're talking about and expect us to trust that you know better. That is a position that on a forum like this is only going to lead to mockery and claims that you're just trolling us and can't be for real.

PS - batting average alone isn't going to get that done.

Sometimes you have to use your eyes I don't even know what half of the statistics are now because there's so many and it's all nothing without watching the game and seeing for yourself. Average home runs and ribs are the important statistics that is why they give a triple crown reward if you lead the MLB on them. The rest of the statistics are pointless there is no way to judge a players defense unless you check there error totals and All the rest are just a fad that will pass for sure.

Sometimes you have to use your eyes I don't even know what half of the statistics are now because there's so many and it's all nothing without watching the game and seeing for yourself. Average home runs and ribs are the important statistics that is why they give a triple crown reward if you lead the MLB on them. The rest of the statistics are pointless there is no way to judge a players defense unless you check there error totals and All the rest are just a fad that will pass for sure.

Dont take this the wrong way but were you the guy who used to post on the message board on the marlins official website?

Dont take this the wrong way but were you the guy who used to post on the message board on the marlins official website? I posted on there before yeah. That board is t good though.

Dont take this the wrong way but were you the guy who used to post on the message board on the marlins official website?I posted on there before yeah. That board is t good though.

Ya you are the same guy i thought you were.

Youre colombian correct?

edit- This guy is a colombian homer and only wants solano on the team because he is colombian. He and I had this exact conversation before last year where he was adament that solano was the next Jesus because he was having a nice spring training. He isn't rational so dont waste your time.

Dont take this the wrong way but were you the guy who used to post on the message board on the marlins official website?I posted on there before yeah. That board is t good though.

Youre colombian correct?

edit- This guy is a colombian homer and only wants solano on the team because he is colombian. He and I had this exact conversation before last year where he was adament that solano was the next Jesus because he was having a nice spring training. He isn't rational so dont waste your time.

Holy shit he's not a troll then?!?!?!

Youre colombian correct?

What's his username there?

Lol as I read through this thread I predicted SomethingFishy would bring up Solano and then justify everything with "his eyes" lol...

Anyways, as for Mahoney, I think ideally he'll be back once we officially get rid of Kotchman. I don't hate Kotchman but he's (almost literally) done nothing here. And as long as Morrison is healthy, whatever role is left for Kotchman can easily be filled by Mahoney.

Plus Kotchman isn't under the umbrella of Mathis, Dobbs, Olivo, Pierre, and Polanco who are all overvalued by the FO for whatever reasons.

Fans who blindly defend the talent levels of players for biased personal reasons are the absolute worst.

We need Mike Rivera back as our catcher.

I like him cause his name is Mike.

And also because he's a great hitter when he gets the ball out of the infield and he can catch a ball. I know, I've seen it. Eye test, he passes it.

Also, I'm glad Stanton is back today to play against the Brewers. We get to see the players we're gonna trade for and they'll get to see Stanton healthy.

I hope Aramis Ramirez and Yovani Gallardi do great today, and I hope we get to see Axford twice in this series, yo.

Youre colombian correct?

Holy s*** he's not a troll then?!?!?!

Still a troll, but explains a lot, I just added to ignored users