June 30, 201313 yr Lol wtf...wish I could have watched it Definately watching the highlights when the go up.
June 30, 201313 yr Yep, it was a weird game between Eovaldi's high xFIP, the two bloop hits before DD drove in the 2 runs. It all seemed to be lining up for Hech or Mathis to win the game for us or Kotsay to win it for them.
June 30, 201313 yr BTW, call of the game goes to ArtisticHate. It may have been sarcasm, but still. It was more that it was being one of those games and, if we were going to win, it was going to be from someone really weird/dogshit like Jeff Mathis.
June 30, 201313 yr With June 2013 now done... 15-10 for the month. Crazy good. Here's hoping they can keep it together in a tough July where they play 6 against the Braves, 3 against the Pirates, 3 against the Cardinals, 3 against the Nationals. Don't worry though, they also play the Mets.
June 30, 201313 yr Only 16.5 out of wild card..... Hey, if we could pull some Toronto streak out of our ass, we could almost be .500. (if we go at the 15-10 clip for t rest of the year, we'll end with a 79-83 record)
June 30, 201313 yr We virtually have to win 21 a month three times....why not. If we consistently wins series, we will get there. As far as playoffs go well we need help.
June 30, 201313 yr We virtually have to win 21 a month three times....why not. If we consistently wins series, we will get there. As far as playoffs go well we need help. 92-70? Not sure if we'll need to be THAT good to get into the playoffs...
June 30, 201313 yr Undakai, I'm curious as to why you think that? I hope we can just get 88ish maybe but I'm worried for Atlanta heating up and cincy Pittsburgh and St. Louis are in the mix as well. 88 wins can perhaps get us to that one game playoff and even getting there will be extremely remarkable........ Seasons not over.
June 30, 201313 yr 5 year 50 million dollar contract extension for Mathis, please Yeah...we're still one of the five worst teams in baseball. Take it easy people. worst record in baseball at the moment.
June 30, 201313 yr Redmond is very McKeon-esque with his gut moves like leaving Mathis in. It's failed earlier this year but worked today.
June 30, 201313 yr I just want the kids to learn and develop. April & May were so bad, but, hey, at least Dietrich, Ozuna, Fernandez etc. have seen how bad it can get. They also got through it and now they're experiencing a winning team. It can't get much worse then some historically bad months, they've seen it, experienced it and they survived it. Ozuna had a bad slump and he's worked his way out of it. Dietrich had a bad slump and he's working his way out of it. So now we're moving into July and lets see how they stack up against the Braves for 6 games, lets see how they play in St. Louis. These are important experiences. This team is going to really interesting to watch come September when, hopefully, Yelich is up as well. Assuming no further injuries of course.
June 30, 201313 yr I just want the kids to learn and develop. April & May were so bad, but, hey, at least Dietrich, Ozuna, Fernandez etc. have seen how bad it can get. They also got through it and now they're experiencing a winning team. It can't get much worse then some historically bad months, they've seen it, experienced it and they survived it. Ozuna had a bad slump and he's worked his way out of it. Dietrich had a bad slump and he's working his way out of it. So now we're moving into July and lets see how they stack up against the Braves for 6 games, lets see how they play in St. Louis. These are important experiences. This team is going to really interesting to watch come September when, hopefully, Yelich is up as well. Assuming no further injuries of course. Yeah, this is better than last year. More fun at least.
June 30, 201313 yr Yeah, this is better than last year. More fun at least. definitely. I think I've watched more games in the past couple of weeks than I watched during the entire second half of last season.
June 30, 201313 yr Undakai, I'm curious as to why you think that? I hope we can just get 88ish maybe but I'm worried for Atlanta heating up and cincy Pittsburgh and St. Louis are in the mix as well. 88 wins can perhaps get us to that one game playoff and even getting there will be extremely remarkable........ Seasons not over. .
June 30, 201313 yr Wow. I missed the game but pretty exciting win. Now I see why he was the lynchpin.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.