Marlins trade/FA talk

Hotcorner

I was so happy this morning with the Marlins off season. Even though the Furcal signing which was minimal it did show a commitment to get better this year. Now we just went from Napoli to Jones with the possibility to move LOMO, and I am not so happy any more. The thought of Jones at 1b is not a happy thought for me. I hope we are getting something that is worth all of these moves when we trade LOMO that will put all of this nonsense into perspective.

I was so happy this morning with the Marlins off season. Even though the Furcal signing which was minimal it did show a commitment to get better this year. Now we just went from Napoli to Jones with the possibility to move LOMO, and I am not so happy any more. The thought of Jones at 1b is not a happy thought for me. I hope we are getting something that is worth all of these moves when we trade LOMO that will put all of this nonsense into perspective.

Don't expect much back for LoMo.

Ken Rosenthal �@Ken_Rosenthal26m

Signing of G. Jones by #Marlins will mean no Napoli in Miami and likely lead to a trade of @LoMoMarlins (Logan Morrison).

I hate this.

The Marlins were never going to give Napoli 4/60.

He's 32 with a chronic hip issue. You think the Marlins are willing to go 15 mil a year for anyone???

Not saying I like the Jones signing, but Napoli was never going to happen unless there was an extreme hometown discount.

Logan Morrison > Garrett Jones

Am I crazy for thinking that?????

I don't know. Neither hit lefties well, but Jones has a lot more power. LoMo can't stay healthy and hasn't hit well the last few years when he has been in there. He's also not a good first baseman. Hate to give up on a younger player, and Jones will likely need a platoon partner, but I don't mind the move. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they get back for Morrison.

Signing of G. Jones by #Marlins will mean no Napoli in Miami and likely lead to a trade of @LoMoMarlins (Logan Morrison).

I hate this.

He's 32 with a chronic hip issue. You think the Marlins are willing to go 15 mil a year for anyone???

Not saying I like the Jones signing, but Napoli was never going to happen unless there was an extreme hometown discount.

Did I say anything about Napoli? I wouldn't sign Napoli for anything more than a 3/36 deal.

I hate this.

Not saying I like the Jones signing, but Napoli was never going to happen unless there was an extreme hometown discount. You are absolutely right with this, but if it was to be something like 3/36 I think it would be alright.

I am still looking for further details on the Garret Jones signing and I can't find it. But this must mean that a Lomo deal is soon to follow and they already have a target for 3B squared away.

I hate this.

Not saying I like the Jones signing, but Napoli was never going to happen unless there was an extreme hometown discount.You are absolutely right with this, but if it was to be something like 3/36 I think it would be alright.

I am still looking for further details on the Garret Jones signing and I can't find it. But this must mean that a Lomo deal is soon to follow and they already have a target for 3B squared away.2 years between $7-8 million total according to Barry Jackson.

Don't expect much back for LoMo.I know. That's why I'm so down about this whole thing. Unless as someone pointed out earlier this to platoon him in LF with Ruggiano to give Ozuna more time in the minors. But then, 2 years? WTF?? I do want to reiterate that I am glad they are being active and trying to improve the club but this moves just makes no sense because you already have an in house option in LOMO that will most likely be a better option. SMH