Marlins trade/FA talk

Hotcorner

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like it's gonna happen. Probable two years too.

I sincerely hope this is as a reserve outfielder/1B, or as a platoon guy with Ruggiano in LF while Ozuna/Marisnick works in the minors.

I really hope we don't trade LoMo to make room for Garrett fucking Jones...

Marlins are not going after Napoli despite reports. Marlins do not want to lose any draft picks for free agents this off season.

That's not the reason, our first rounder is protected anyway. We would've given up the 2nd rounder but bidding on Napoli probably got out of hand.

And we 100% did try for Napoli.

Marlins are not going after Napoli despite reports. Marlins do not want to lose any draft picks for free agents this off season.

That's not the reason, our first rounder is protected anyway. We would've given up the 2nd rounder but bidding on Napoli probably got out of hand.

And we 100% did try for Napoli.

I know we had no interest in signing Napoli, not talking out of my ass here, but we we're never really "in" on him. The Marlins want to keep all 4 of their early picks. They will not sign anybody that makes them lose a pick.

Jones career ops against lefties is like .525 or something insanely bad. If he becomes our full time 1b the stupidity of such is well stupid

Unless we end up platooning Jones and Morrison in the end. Jones career OPS against RHP is .826 and Lomo against LHP is .707. Not ideal, but it's a thought.

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like it's gonna happen. Probable two years too.

I sincerely hope this is as a reserve outfielder/1B, or as a platoon guy with Ruggiano in LF while Ozuna/Marisnick works in the minors.

I really hope we don't trade LoMo to make room for Garrett fucking Jones...

they don't need a FA outfielder. If they sign Jones, LoMo's a goner. They'll try to deal LoMo for a 3b or more likely just prospects. Not sure I get it either, would be sort of like the Furcal signing.