Even CBS Sports agrees, the Marlins are fun to watch

Break up those Marlins, man. Led by Jose Fernandez, who looks very much like the best pitcher in baseball right now, the Fish won five of seven games this week, scoring an MLB best 42 runs in the process. Forty-two runs! The Marlins! Giancarlo Stanton is mashing monster home runs, Casey McGehee has returned from Japan with a vengeance, and the bullpen is tossing up zeroes (two runs allowed in 22 1/3 innings). Miami is playing extremely well right now and they're a fun team to watch. That was certainly not the case a year ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24517282/grading-the-week-mark-trumbo-marlins-both-get-an-a

Shocking. Not a single nasty reference to Loria or the stadium other than the rather oblique "Break up those Marlins." Har. Har. CBS so funny. They simply couldn't bring themselves to outright trash us, even though they surely wanted to.

And they are fun to watch. Scrappy. Never give up. Some timely hits. An actual offense. Great pitching. Should make for a fun year.

You're usually a rational guy with a lot of info to back up your points. I pegged you as a guy who would be more along the lines of, "let's see how we play against some good teams like Washington and Atlanta" before making a statement of that last line.

Aw, c'mon.

They are fun to watch. So far, anyway. They are scrappy. They don't give up. They get some timely hits. Not always. It's baseball. You fail 60-70% of the time.

They have an actual offense, unlike last year. They have great pitching. I said it should make for a fun year, not necessarily a play-off year or even a winning year. But, even if these guys wind up at .500, it's a massive improvement over last year. That alone is big fun.

My point was that regardless of how they wind up even CBS Sports admits that these guys are fun to watch.

I'm loving getting down to the eight spot and still thinking "we could get a hit here" (aside from GJ). Last season hitting hopes ended with Giancarlo. And most of the time started as well. And sometimes not at all.

Two weeks before the season I got a Marlins tattoo. I cannot but help think that is linked somehow to our successful start.

I'm loving getting down to the eight spot and still thinking "we could get a hit here" (aside from GJ). Last season hitting hopes ended with Giancarlo. And most of the time started as well. And sometimes not at all.

Two weeks before the season I got a Marlins tattoo. I cannot but help think that is linked somehow to our successful start.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Guest Guest

Some of you treat this like a football season.

That's what this board has been doing for however long this board as been around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.