June 12, 201412 yr I think Turner couldn't put on the rotation spot. Almost running out the patience on him. Bring up Heaney, It's time.
June 12, 201412 yr I wonder what the Marlins do with Turner now. Maybe say he got injured on that liner to the back and put him on the DL?
June 12, 201412 yr I wonder what the Marlins do with Turner now. Maybe say he got injured on that liner to the back and put him on the DL? Replace him with Kevin Gregg.
June 12, 201412 yr As I said in the game thread, Turner's velocity has been up and he shows how good he can be but a 6.38 ERA on June 11 is not acceptable. Sad when you go into a game feeling like you have no chance with the pitching matchup.
June 12, 201412 yr Turner has to go. I'm gonna be pissed when Heaney replaces Wolf, unless Wolf replaces Slowey. In which case I still hope Flynn replaces Turner.
June 12, 201412 yr Yuuuuuuuuuuuu YU DARVISH OFF IN THIS HOE WATCH ME PITCH IT WATCH ME ROLL WATCH ME THROW THAT BREAKING BALL THEN STRIKIN' OUT THEM HOES NOW WATCH ME YUUUUUU (DARVISH STRIKES 'EM OUT) NOW WATCH ME YUUUUUU (DARVISH STRIKES 'EM OUT)
June 12, 201412 yr YU DARVISH OFF IN THIS HOE WATCH ME PITCH IT WATCH ME ROLL WATCH ME THROW THAT BREAKING BALL THEN STRIKIN' OUT THEM HOES NOW WATCH ME YUUUUUU (DARVISH STRIKES 'EM OUT) NOW WATCH ME YUUUUUU (DARVISH STRIKES 'EM OUT) This (with other contending teams losses tonight) makes me laugh.
June 12, 201412 yr Unless the Marlins go the fake injury route, their only choice would be to trade Turner for next to nothing.
June 12, 201412 yr Unless the Marlins go the fake injury route, their only choice would be to trade Turner for next to nothing. Or nobody claims him, which is quite likely.
June 12, 201412 yr Or nobody claims him, which is quite likely. I don't find that likely at all. He's been bad this season but he's still only 23, formerly highly touted prospect, and has put up some decent numbers in MLB in the past (2012-2013).
June 12, 201412 yr Or nobody claims him, which is quite likely. I think that because of his age and draft resume that someone will take a flyer on him. I think we should stick him in the bullpen and make a move from there.
June 12, 201412 yr I think that because of his age and draft resume that someone will take a flyer on him. I think we should stick him in the bullpen and make a move from there. I wouldn't be against the pen. Some of our starters are going to have to make that move... Might as well be Turner.
June 12, 201412 yr As I said in the game thread, Turner's velocity has been up and he shows how good he can be but a 6.38 ERA on June 11 is not acceptable. Sad when you go into a game feeling like you have no chance with the pitching matchup. Turner's velocity is literally the exact same as last year so not sure what you're referring to. So whatever you stated in the game thread is just pure BS. I've never seen any inkling of him being good. His 2 quality starts were pure luck and marred by walks and line drive outs. PS: Turner sucks and is not even worth a bullpen spot
June 12, 201412 yr Turner is out of options? Pretty sure he is. Good riddance if so. At least Andrew Miller has one good pitch.
June 12, 201412 yr Turner's velocity is literally the exact same as last year so not sure what you're referring to. So whatever you stated in the game thread is just pure BS. I've never seen any inkling of him being good. His 2 quality starts were pure luck and marred by walks and line drive outs. PS: Turner sucks and is not even worth a bullpen spot I don't recall Turner touching 95-96 last year. He sat 91-93.
June 12, 201412 yr I don't recall Turner touching 95-96 last year. He sat 91-93. He hasn't hit 96 this year and hit 95 on very rare occasion like this year. Thank goodness someone keeps track of this stuff and I just don't make it up: http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.aspx?playerid=10185&position=P
June 12, 201412 yr Turner has had 2 respectable starts this year, both marred by luck. The first against a shitty padres team where he gave up 5 hits, 1BB, 4ks and 1 run in 6ip. The other was 8 hits, a shitload of line drive outs, 1BB 2 ks and 0 ER in 6.1 IP. The rest of his starts have been pure garbage. His peripherals point to him being pure garbage as well. If only we still had Andrew Miller in our bullpen.
June 12, 201412 yr Move him to the pen. f*** this s***. The problem is he doesn't even have one good pitch to be useful in the pen.
June 12, 201412 yr The problem is he doesn't even have one good pitch to be useful in the pen. His sinker 2-seam whatever is pretty good, it's just ALWAYS in the strike zone. Out of the bullpen I'm cool with that.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.